Tribes 1 NoFix's Vista Patch

s0hel

Veteran X
Sorry to post a new thread about this issue, I know some already exist, but has any one ben able to run Tribes 1 on Vista? (without using VMWare and such). I heard about one guy, NoFix, said he got it working

he says alot of things.. but ill believe it when i see some evidence that he didn't just say something... not that i doubt his ability's.. but if im not mistaken it wasn't nofix that posted that nofix was able to do it

1. Mouse pointer is working.
2. Software mode + fullscreen is working.

I still need to figure out why mouse capture / activation isn't working right. Which I'm working on right now, at least for the next hour or so.

T1 mouse + mouse restriction ( so we don't lose capture ). I'm not going to release the software + fullscreen fix until it's implemented properly.

link removed

This is obviously far from complete, so don't even bother with the bullshit comments. I'll release a proper fix when I have the time to do so.

Last edited:
it worked for you? I try to click on 'Join' and i can see it bring some kinda pop-up and it just dissapears. All I see is the server list

it worked for you? I try to click on 'Join' and i can see it bring some kinda pop-up and it just dissapears. All I see is the server list

You're probably trying to join a post 1.11 server, perhaps a LastHope server.

Regardless, I'm working on this in my spare time. When I have a proper fix ready, I'll re-release. I basically made the post to confirm that someone is working on this shit.

edit: I found the actual source of the problem, and as far as I can tell, it will be impossible to fix properly. ( I could be wrong, so I'm going to do some research on the issue ).

edit2: yay, figured it out. <woot> <OPENGL is working too>

Last edited:
haha you're shittin me, i went back to XP today just so I could play tribes. lol damn, maybe now I can re-install Vista

Do you have access to the source code for tribes1? How'd you go about debugging the matter? I'm a CS Major, just curious as to what you did.

It could be your drivers, not sure what version you're running, but I'm running the latest NVidia beta's. They're worth trying I suppose.

One thing we can rule out is the patch itself...

Andrew's adding the fix to hudbot, so that'll be nice for you guys that use it...

The fix requires an early hook in the code, and the mem library is loaded at the perfect time for hooking it, so I, also, wrote up a mem library with the fix.

I figure there's a few people that might want it, that don't use HudBot...( myself for example ).

Last edited:
Back