is that default cg damage? rip
This is the interpolate tribes u wanted what da **** u complaining about

DC.
VeteranXV
Old
23 - 05-28-2018, 08:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickerman View Post
You should seek 4 a video on [FTM]Kato it was a decent video on Raindance overlooked which group he was playing however it was a decent group and occurred in 2000 pre-sense of taste strong execution predictable point he had like a 16 ping tho.
I will full u up ***** don't try that again

Exodus
VeteranXX
Old
24 - 05-30-2018, 01:52
Neat!

ColBlair
VeteranXX
Old
25 - 05-30-2018, 02:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by borlaK View Post
holy ****, didn't know that existed.. is that literally all of TWL's demo archive or are there chunks missing?
I've got 9000+ demos from TWL, everything after the crash in like 2001 or something. Includes private demos.

I've managed to web scrape the www archive for TWL demo info and now have 3000 identified by player name and a lot more by Team name.

I'll be sharing the new version of the spreadsheet around when it's finished.

Covers lots of different ladders.. t1, t2, arena, renegades, tr2, etc.

[meph] still plays
Veteran³
Old
26 - 06-26-2018, 18:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSpider View Post
I don't have any PriO demos.

A quick look found these though: (Stats are displayed the final ~30 seconds).

-W- RedSpider 2225
[E5] SaiYeN 2089
[KoV]Jaymz 1989
SarcaStick 1884
[r].Dutch 1654
=S3= Raskal 1621
[E5] Anemix 1543
-W- GLoCK 1468
ares of RR 1337
-W- sKILLz 1310

You won't find many early T1 games with high ratings, there wasn't as much flag play and the overall number of kills was lower. Compare the above games to =S3= vs 5150, one of the "vab nothing left to prove" games where no one on either team broke 600. S3's total number of kills for the entire game is less than SaiYaN's solo total a few years later. Raskal's game posted above is one of the few I found to have a high rating.

Also, my game probably shouldn't count because all I was doing was chasing kills.
awesome post ty for the response. it is fun to watch demos pre-andrewstat or fstat and see who was really pulling their weight.

on that note: i'm looking for any rare high kill matches/scrims of any kind. specifically for players like: ImpacT, Trolkin, etc. i don't care about teams or era, just high volume kill games. though tbh, if there is a really nice rare 4-5+ cap low kill 1.5k rating game that is cool too of course.

the stats below are from this match from skillz pov. i believe this was one of the first losses ever for [IE]- in any format (this is a scrim w/o RJ or jihad maybe couple others). it's a good watch (especially the chat =]) despite the horrible hpb jitter that puts you in 1999 56k modem mindset oh boy

very hard (or downright impossible they don't exist idk) to find any pov's from ImpacT or any other ahead-of-their-time slayer. i know most demos anyone would offer are probably on 8urbaby anyway but just a shot in the dark hoping someone has 1.5k rating killbot demos on some hard drive somewhere -- ok ty for reading this nonsense i like tribe and i hope u guys have a good day!

The Magical Zoo
VeteranXV
Old
27 - 06-26-2018, 18:27
damn that's a great post, will watch tonight. i also would love impact demos and have been searching for them for years

edit: interesting that sojourn was on NuTz at the time, he eventually joined IE, no?

groove
VeteranXX
Old
28 - 06-26-2018, 18:40
ya

also butts

Last edited by groove; 06-27-2018 at 02:13..
Exodus
VeteranXX
Old
29 - 06-27-2018, 17:15
56k>*

Magus
VeteranXX
Old
30 - 06-30-2018, 20:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by '[meph
very hard (or downright impossible they don't exist idk) to find any pov's from ImpacT or any other ahead-of-their-time slayer. i know most demos anyone would offer are probably on 8urbaby anyway but just a shot in the dark hoping someone has 1.5k rating killbot demos on some hard drive somewhere -- ok ty for reading this nonsense i like tribe and i hope u guys have a good day!
I have ImpacT's demo from the kZ vs. [IE] match if you guys want it. It's pretty well known though, so I'm assuming someone has it already - one of my favorite demos from the OGL days. I remember there being so much hype behind that match, as it was the first significant clash for [IE] after finally breaking through to #1 by beating WA.

I'll dig it up if needed!

The Magical Zoo
VeteranXV
Old
31 - 06-30-2018, 20:50
Please dig it up! kZ was one of the first 'super teams' that formed solely to beat IE. they immediately died after getting smashed. IE ended up poaching their best players afterwards

Magus
VeteranXX
Old
32 - 06-30-2018, 21:26
Sure thing!

I also found several private Western Alliance demos during the initial dominance, where a few were scoring more than 1000 points. All vs. teams like Fallen, BMF, Cows with Guns, and IE. The original BZ is in there too; the one with Shallah, muun (KP), Saintdude, and JackOATrades.

Also, I have a demo of Trolkin playing USR during his Abusive days, where [USR]LCD scores about 1200 points. I gave this one to SectionFX already.

I'll keep looking through these and will post the few that meet the point criteria.

Magus
VeteranXX
Old
33 - 06-30-2018, 22:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by spockhammer View Post
and the t1 ppl beat the t2, t:a "best of the best" guys handily so the world of tribe s definitely in shock again

the last midair tourney win really sealed the deal that t1 is the harder more mechanically advanced game and thats real vidya gaem history so i hope ppl own it instead of thinking it'll divide anyone
Not saying you're wrong, but what was the roster of that "best of the best" T2/T:A team? I'd be curious to see who played from T2. Sadly, I have a feeling it was not the best of the best from T2: Classic. I found many of those players to be really really good. Having played in T1, T2, and T:V, I think the skills of the best T1 and the best T2: Classic guys were quite comparable. But yes, they were different games and T1 had superior mechanics in my humble opinion.

I played with PriO on my T:V team, and he was really great at that time. I was happy to have him. That was my favorite part about 22; we had a great mix of really OG T1 players (Yellow, sled, PriO, ss) and T2: classic players (Trem, SterIO, envy, Julius).

I think it really helped the overall style we played because we could draw from a lot of different styles.

I haven't played Midair, how did that game pan out in the end? Is it fun? I thought T:A was terrible, to be honest. It felt like the Fisher-Price of Tribes games to me.

Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
34 - 06-30-2018, 22:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus View Post
Not saying you're wrong, but what was the roster of that "best of the best" T2/T:A team? I'd be curious to see who played from T2. Sadly, I have a feeling it was not the best of the best from T2: Classic. I found many of those players to be really really good. Having played in T1, T2, and T:V, I think the skills of the best T1 and the best T2: Classic guys were quite comparable. But yes, they were different games and T1 had superior mechanics in my humble opinion.
the only names u would recognize are proj and tarzul

Wipeout5555
Old
35 - 06-30-2018, 23:09
right i should have rephrased

"self declared best of the best" "self declared best chaser of t2"

these guys are obviously not sterio and crew

but for whatever reason hirez sponsored them and they got rekt so idgaf

midair is a t:a mod to me but other ppl probably have different opinions, totally a skip if you are the same magus i watched run the reverse nat route naked in like 06

Magus
VeteranXX
Old
36 - 07-01-2018, 00:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wipeout5555 View Post
right i should have rephrased

"self declared best of the best" "self declared best chaser of t2"

these guys are obviously not sterio and crew

but for whatever reason hirez sponsored them and they got rekt so idgaf

midair is a t:a mod to me but other ppl probably have different opinions, totally a skip if you are the same magus i watched run the reverse nat route naked in like 06
Okay, this makes 100% sense now. haha. Yea. Well, either way, I'm bias - I'd always be rooting for T1ers in the end (unless it was ex-teammates or something.)

Last edited by Magus; 08-28-2018 at 22:39..
Dutch
VeteranXX
Old
37 - 07-01-2018, 02:44
i had an impact demo and it was impressive

do many demos on busted ass computers

Lyon
VeteranXV
Old
38 - 07-01-2018, 11:45
I don't have the necessary knowledge after T1 base CTF but it would be cool to curate almost a timeline of iconic demos to see how the individual games and overall franchise developed.

Magus
VeteranXX
Old
39 - 07-01-2018, 11:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyon View Post
I don't have the necessary knowledge after T1 base CTF but it would be cool to curate almost a timeline of iconic demos to see how the individual games and overall franchise developed.
That would be very cool.

Also, total shot in the dark, but if anyone has any 1999 private demos of zX, I'd love to grab them. I'm mainly looking for one demo specifically. So I guess, it would have to be private demos of AkumA, Lag?, Darkhawk, nothin, Chaos, Effigy, etc.

Dutch
VeteranXX
Old
40 - 07-01-2018, 12:14
well tribalwar and ogl dont have demos anymore

but when twl was the thing people finally started tagging their demos accordingly

meanwhile i have like 50 recordingx demos heh

Page 2 of 3

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page looking for prio demos

Social Website Bullshit