[So] My Character's Name is Gentlesodomy

AdreNaLiNe

Veteran XX
And someone finally reported it.

So a GM messages me and tells me hello Gentlesodomy.

My name is in violation of their terms of agreeement.

So I tell him: "But this is what warriors did prior to the nerf."

So he tells me at this time, he will have to disconnect me from the game. I tell him (just getting som JP in Grim Batol) can this wait till after the boss? He tells me no.

I tell him, but this will wipe my group (gimp pug group, and it did). He tells me I will be prompted for a new name, and then I can continue my adventures. So I tell him, just please wait till this is done. He says no, and disconnects me. I log back in, and it prompts me for a new name. So I change it to Roughsodomy.

I'm doing the boss again, and a minute later, he messages me again saying my name is against the terms of agreement. I tell him, but you asked me to change it, so I did. He tells me, it still isn't valid. So I ask him, please wait till the end of this run, this group is gimp. He says, no. I tell him, but you asked me to change it and I did. He says, it is inappropriate. I ask him what name should I pick then to adhere to the ToS, and he bans me from the game. Says everything I need will be in an email.

Story of the day bros.

Realm: Tichondrius

Character Name: Roughsodomy

Account Action: 3 Hour Suspension

Offense: Extreme Sexuality/Violence

This category includes both clear and masked names which:

* Refer to extreme and/or violent sexual acts
* Refer to extremely violent real life actions

And here is my email back to the admin:

How can I pick a new name while suspended? My name does not involve the actions taken, but rather, what has occured in the past. I preferred to be gentle, but you foirced me to be rough. You have wiped the gimp Grim Batol raid twice now. I hope you are compensating them for their gold.

:rofl: pretty funny even if it did involve a suspension. Just your luck you got that GM and your name was reported by someone. They probably put something like "rape" or "assault" into their report to get it kicked up in the GM queue.

The whole name thing largely depends on two factors happening.

1. Some self-righteous idiot sees it, gets offended, and reports it.
2. That same report pops into a GMs active queue and they choose to do something about it.

Granted one could use keywords when reporting things to bump it up in a GMs queue. Shit like "Jesus" "gay" "hitler" etc.

Best one I ever saw was on Bonechewer a few years back. Someone made a guild called <RPness Is Rising> and within a few hours a GM came in and disbanded them.

You would think after 6 years, people would stop caring so much about reporting names, as if the lore of the game is what keeps them playing it, rather than the purples they pick up.

Some people cling to anything. I gave up on lore as soon as they start retconn'ing shit. Then again you have to remember the playerbase back then isn't what it is now. Thanks to the merger with Activision I'm sure Kotick was the main force behind the plan to casualize the game and it's more or less downhill from there. It would make sense, doing so would make the game more accessible to more people, ergo more subscribers and more $$$. Problem is it results in lowering of the average player's "game IQ". They no longer try to do what you should be doing to play well or even mediocre at that point. CC'ing is like vaporizing fog, learning how to play your class is pushed aside for "personal playstyles" and "playing the game my way", etc. I remember the biggest crying recently was weeks post-release of Cata and people were still in Wrath-mode complaining heroics were too hard because they didn't want to CC and tank-and-spank everything with the healer giving you 60%+ of your total health back in one spell or HoTs ticking for 20% of your health, etc.

Heck you can tell just by glancing at the forums. Someone has some complaint about each aspect of 4.2. I'm surprised you still play Adren. Considering how frustrated you got with lazy guildies, standing in fire, etc. I would think it would be WORSE now than it was in the past.

I'm surprised you still play Adren. Considering how frustrated you got with lazy guildies, standing in fire, etc. I would think it would be WORSE now than it was in the past.

Probably out of sheer lack of anything better to play. I can't figure out if I'm just losing interest in gaming altogether or if the current market really just sucks that much dick. I only continue to play to have something mindless to do after a 10-hour day while baked out of my gourd and watching TV or listening to podcasts.

That's exactly why I still play. There's nothing else to play, and I enjoy my hobby for a couple of hours a day. Waiting on T:Ascend or BF3 or SWTOR at this point.

Yea Todd's been emo and angsty towards me for a while now. I think he even ignored me/removed me from RealID on friends list and I don't even know why. He still has Nick on there I think, which is rather ironic.

Last edited:
Back