Super Bored

Shopper47

Veteran X
I haven't really logged in much in the past month and stk v 7.2 looks to be dying again.

Cata just wasn't an interesting expansion. Or maybe it's doing the same thing for the 4th time that just has me burnt; I just am not finding the benefit from gearing and fun from playing that I had before. WoTLK was so dark and evil and had lots of undead (my favourite part of wow) and death knights and a whole new world.

I dunno; shit's weak yo

I picked it up again for this latest expansion, back in December.

But after hitting 85, I got so wicked bored. Then we started raiding. The only thing in WOW that I've been doing for the past 2 months is raiding. It's incredibly fun, because it's actually very challenging and rewarding when you get your 10-man to be perfectly coordinated and get the guys down.

I have no interest to do anything in the game except raid. I imagine that will become boring at some point, too.

I only show up to show up with the guild now. I still do some arena with a couple of friends and that's still a bit fun. But basically, I show up like 3 nights out of a week, 1 for arena, and 2 for fail non-hardmode 10 mans. Hard to progress at all raiding 5.5 hours a week though.

I'm just waiting for SW:TOR right now for an MMO and playing some BFBC2 again.

I only show up to show up with the guild now. I still do some arena with a couple of friends and that's still a bit fun. But basically, I show up like 3 nights out of a week, 1 for arena, and 2 for fail non-hardmode 10 mans. Hard to progress at all raiding 5.5 hours a week though.

I'm just waiting for SW:TOR right now for an MMO and playing some BFBC2 again.

That's the way I feel. There's nothing worthwhile to do in the game except raid.

We put in 3x3-hour raid nights, which turn out to be 3x2.5-hour nights because people can't commit to a schedule.

We don't get much progression at that pace, unfortunately, but I still am finding the farm fights exciting. We are on Cho'gall and Nef now, and I can only imagine that it'll take weeks to get them down... if that's the case, I'm going to get really, really bored.

You're talking heroic Cho'gall and nef, right? Even the raiding is getting boring for me now. I spend half of it watching TV, and didn't even show up last night because of the NBA playoffs.

We didn't have a raid last night because 3 other people couldn't make it. It was pushed to tonight.

Is anyone surprised by the WoW cycle? Expansion comes out, everyone rushes to beat all the bosses, repeat killing, get bored waiting for content patch, quit, renew with new content patch.

I'm liking this expansion because everyone I've played with was more interested in playing casually and there wasn't any push to be #1 on the server anymore. I like that I'm only expected to login 2-3 days a week and when work or real life get in the way I don't feel guilty at all if I have to miss a night of raiding.

I do still play more than I should. I play about 2-3 minutes a day to do JC dailies on 3 toons and xmute daily on a 4th and some nights I'll level an alt for awhile until I get bored. I don't feel like I have to ever log in anymore outside our normal casual Friday night raid with what's left of 'The Core'.

I don't think anything's worse this expansion than previous ones. Raids are a little more difficult than they've been in any previous expansion but people have been around long enough that there's not as much desire to flex that e-peen. Arena is all but dead, PvE (on Tichondrius, at least) is also dead for the most part and done casually outside Nurfed alliance side and maybe 1-2 other guilds of failures.

StK isn't doing too bad, but Zeph leading raids makes it hard to keep a consistent roster as he pisses people off and they stop showing up and he has to find others (like me) to replace them. I won't ever get tired of griefing him with levitate and leap of faith and I'm sure Rochiim would say the same thing.

You're talking heroic Cho'gall and nef, right? Even the raiding is getting boring for me now. I spend half of it watching TV, and didn't even show up last night because of the NBA playoffs.

I'm glad your assumption was that I was wicked awesome and on heroics... in fact, that would put our guild at #1 on our server.

Unfortunately, we are still on normal-mode raids. 9/12 with Al'Akir, Nef, and Cho'gall left. The weird thing is, every week we have different experiences with the farmed content. We are a 10-man and sometimes have some absentees, and have to get some other guildies (who don't know the fights). That lack of cohesiveness gives us problems.

It's extremely frustrating to wiped 6 times in a boss you should have on farm *cough* Council *cough*.

I love the fact that the raids are challenging, but it's almost impossible to have a consistent raiding group. I dunno, I guess it's a balance argument and Blizz has to pick a side.

Tackle Cho'gall first. Pretty damn easy fight.

My favorite instance is now BoT. After Roch's levitate on zeph on the firebomb dude, I was literally in tears. Best part was zeph was so mad he said nothing for the rest of the night other than give instructions. I feel his pain though, leading/being an officer and having to deal with stupid shit that slows down the raid.

Maybe the last go-around, I would have cared a lot more. But my interest has waned mostly due to the playoffs - there's actually something else to do.

how is PvE on Tich dead? its a top 10 server... just because there arent 8 guilds trying to do US firsts? give me a break.

im having fun with hard modes, raiding twice a week but they are long nights and it works with my schedule. im done with cata dailies so im working myself up for TBC dailies (mounts), slowly.

im also pvp'ing a lot more and having fun with that.

i still like the game and play quite a bit but i do take off for days every so often.

heroic magmaw soon!

Adren will there be stk in SW:TOR ? I'm grabbing that if it ever comes out for sure.

I'm back into BC2 actually; but on PS3 with all the console loser dudes from tw :D (Harvest Day is such a fun and fucking frustrating map)

Back