som1 explain this green dp drama to me on my saturday morning forum cruise pls

tumblr_npy4hbGHag1uvbdr9o2_500.gif

http://www.amazon.ca/Arabesque-Various-Artists/dp/B00000JAZ3
Audio CD (April 26 1999)
Classic Arabic pop dance mix songs from 90s

Let me begin this humble review by letting you know that I think this is one of the most essential (various artist) compilations on the market. Regardless of the musical genre.
Every track on this compilation, as you may have guessed, has a strong Middle Eastern/North African groove present. Each track is contemporary in sound and technique, yet extremely traditional in mood and content.
There are modern drum machines and funky basslines (not on all tracks) mixed with ancient musical instruments and vocal textures - and the result is absolutely captivating and beautiful. The selection of tracks on offer were compiled by a guy called Francis Peyrat who worked at Momo's, hip and trendy nightclub/restaurant in London - and I can only imagine what a complete and blissful riot it must've been to hang out there. Francis has also compiled a CD called Latinize and one called Africanize. It goes without saying that these too are essential puchases.
This CD is of that rare quality where it can be played while one is chillin' out alone, or it is even more dynamic and effective when it is blasted out, bass heavy in a more boisterous setting. The exotic rhythms combined with the fantastic playing all round (especially percussion) are certain to grab your attention from the intro of the first track, and not let up an inch until the very end.
Here's an idea. Throw a Middle Eastern party. Invite a bunch of extroverts. Prepare some Falafel, Tabouli, Hummus, Baba Ghanoush and whatever else you desire. Get the booze flowing. This CD is the icing on the cake so play it loud. And most important of all....don't forget to invite me!
A most highly recommended CD.

Naw, you need to let those hoes go homey.

You are a decent d00d and can get nice ladies.

Forget the trashy stalker ones and find prime rib.

May the force be with you Jedi.

jedi_master_spock_by_rabittooth-d562ldd.jpg

Live long and prosperous.

Back