Reload this Page Pick Ups 2Night
Page 2 of 4
The One and Only
Veteran++
Old
21 - 04-14-2017, 16:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyung View Post
id like to play if we can only pick people that use 1.41 (or play on bugs' server with unhappymod)
Idc where we play as long as someone has admin to make it work. Most the people that have been playing aren't using happymod though, I don't think... guess I don't know how that stuff works though.

Sponsored Links
Milk-Man
VeteranXX
Old
22 - 04-14-2017, 16:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyung View Post
id like to play if we can only pick people that use 1.41 (or play on bugs' server with unhappymod)
I don't get this. I mean I'd get it if the best players left were hacking, but I don't think that's the case unless you know something I don't. The ones that are using it still suck, so my panties won't be bunching up anytime soon.

Sharps
VeteranXV
Old
23 - 04-14-2017, 19:02
I had fun despite being barely able to aim on my laptop mouse - thanks for letting me play.

Flipp
Veteran4
Old
24 - 04-14-2017, 19:37
nope hyung he he

thisiscl0wn
Veteran³
Old
25 - 04-14-2017, 20:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
7 PU's tonight - all but a couple of them were very good, close games! I forgot I deleted my temp folder, so none of my ss's saved - here are the 3 that I got with my phone after realizing that my ss not working. If anyone has other games ss, post em if you want. Finally had a good showing, more than 2-3 PU's.

https://ibb.co/dCN2O5

https://ibb.co/hPq0Ak

https://ibb.co/hD2rGQ

first screenshot is best one

kitteh
Veteran++
Old
26 - 04-14-2017, 21:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk-Man View Post
I don't get this. I mean I'd get it if the best players left were hacking, but I don't think that's the case unless you know something I don't. The ones that are using it still suck, so my panties won't be bunching up anytime soon.
this hands down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisiscl0wn View Post
first screenshot is best one
clown carryn his team - gj mayne

Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
27 - 04-14-2017, 21:23
some1 told me clown got soft

The One and Only
Veteran++
Old
28 - 04-14-2017, 23:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing-Stork View Post
some1 told me clown got soft
Hey stork - who is brickhead?

Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
29 - 04-14-2017, 23:15
No idea

Fr3aCk
VeteranXV
Old
30 - 04-15-2017, 20:47
hell i heard storks got soft...

vamp
Veteran++
Old
31 - 04-16-2017, 00:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
Vamp - if you take away the 8-12 people who would not have even been online last night if it weren't for PU's scheduled, there would have been 3v3-5v5 pub like every other night of the week, and then maybe 1-2 maps of 8v8 if lucky.

There are 6 other nights of the week - I picked Thursday to do PU's because based on 3-4 weeks of coming back to tribes, it was one of the few nights that had the least amount of people playing. I didn't want to take away from too many people tribing.

Also, I'm all for inclusion - but like Thump said, what is the point of a PU if we're going to sabotage a potentially good game so that Morgawr can play. Vamp, you would probably get picked in a PU if you actually stuck around for map-end - especially towards the end of the night when people are leaving. In fact, if you are an average, to a above average player - you will probably get picked once the numbers dwindle down. Several years ago, I would rarely be picked for PU's - so I put time in to learn each of the positions the best that I could so that I could actually get picked. Essentially, not getting picked made me a better player. There are several players that play regularly that would start getting picked in PU's if they would just take the time to learn the positions better.

And anyway, isn't there another LT server up? the 6-8 left out of PU's a couple of maps last night could have went to other server and played the games that would have been played in NIflheim had there not been PU's. Like I said, the only reason there were 17-18 people on at one point last night is because we planned PU's ahead of time. Half those people wouldn't have even hopped on last night, and it would have been just like any other night of tribes.
lol wtf are you even talking about? I just popped in the server to see if everyones getting in on the PU's, which they weren't. I was also at work cause time zone like i usually am so i couldnt play anyway. how do you expect them to learn and get better? they are obviously not learning from pugs. also there was a good 20 ppl on, a 10v10 base pug would be pretty cool, nothing wrong with playing a base pug atleast 1once every 3 LT PUs or something. I don't see whats wrong with trying to get everyone to play a PU, make it noobs vs noobs if anything.

Flipp
Veteran4
Old
32 - 04-16-2017, 12:17
subtier playaz gots no biz playin pugs sry breh lol smdh

kitteh
Veteran++
Old
33 - 04-16-2017, 18:48
mun doesn't even come to pu's anymore

The One and Only
Veteran++
Old
34 - 04-16-2017, 22:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp View Post
lol wtf are you even talking about? I just popped in the server to see if everyones getting in on the PU's, which they weren't. I was also at work cause time zone like i usually am so i couldnt play anyway. how do you expect them to learn and get better? they are obviously not learning from pugs. also there was a good 20 ppl on, a 10v10 base pug would be pretty cool, nothing wrong with playing a base pug atleast 1once every 3 LT PUs or something. I don't see whats wrong with trying to get everyone to play a PU, make it noobs vs noobs if anything.
You popped in for a few minutes to see that some players didn't get picked for the 2nd PU. We played 7.

I don't have each of the screen shots, but the last 3 PU's were inclusive of all the people that remained who weren't AFK. I think Fixious even played the last 3, at least 2 of the last 3. Hell, some random dude named dingo caucus played the last 2 PU's and he wasn't very good. If a decent new player wants to play in a pu, they should watch a few first and prove they are committed to wanting to play. Hell, even saying something about wanting to play would go a long way as far as getting into a PU.

Let me explain something to you - I like to be thorough. Read it if you want, or don't - but if you don't, than don't bother *****ing about it next Thursday when we PU.

Tribes is a fun game. However, it is no where near what it once was - obviously. The active player list is under 50. This means that there is only 1 server of LT going on every night. This also means that every single night, we are subject to playing PUB matches with a plethora of players who don't have the slightest clue as to how to play the game properly, and most of those players don't even care to learn how to play it properly. This list includes, but is not limited to - Chaka Cent, Gimli, VAV, Morgawr, Exodus, Joe Daddy, Hempstendt, Xpea, sig, and red. On any given night, there are at least 1 or 2 of these players playing, if not more.

When those players play, they immediately bring down the credibility of the PUB, because they either don't give a **** (gimli - I love you man, but it's true), just plain suck to the point where they effect a game so badly that they essentially ruin the pub of any semblance of competition (chakacent, VAV), or they just don't listen (Morgawr, red, Joe Daddy).

Does that mean by PUing we DON'T include players like - CAPSLOCK, Texas, eviltree, and others that would be included in tier 2-tier 3... No. If these players stick around for a couple PU's, or maybe leave and come back towards the end of the 2-3 hours - they would more than likely get picked, or at least be able to play a map or 2. In fact, I was very close to picking Capslock the other night, but I had already picked the 2 players I wanted capping.

The competitive community yearns for a glimmer of the past, just a few hours a week of actual tribes. A few hours is not much to ask from the week. If we were playing PU's every single night - which would essentially kill tribes, so that would be stupid - we WOULD include everyone. But as it stands now, we are playing 1 night a week. And last week was actually the first night that we played for more than 2-3 maps (about an hour of gameplay) - so really, is it that big of a deal?? christ.

I don't care if we could have done a base PU, we planned the night for LT pu's. A base PU with the players that were in there would not have worked. It would have basically been an 8v8 base PUB, because 2-3 on each team would not have done what they were told to do, and would have ****ed the map.

Exodus
VeteranXX
Old
35 - 04-16-2017, 23:02
<----Tyler Durden

The One and Only
Veteran++
Old
36 - 04-17-2017, 00:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
<----Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden is Pacinko, sorry.

vamp
Veteran++
Old
37 - 04-17-2017, 01:13
wtf vert the 1st few sentences was all i really needed to read..I stayed for about 3 PUs, just saw the same people playing, saw a good amount of people in the server, saw a handful drop, saw people down for a base game, thats why i said something i didnt know about those other games so gg glad they got to PU I hope everyone gets a chance.

~dickschnitzel~
Banned
Old
38 - 04-17-2017, 08:14
circle-jerking in 18 year old dead video game gg

The One and Only
Veteran++
Old
39 - 04-17-2017, 12:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp View Post
wtf vert the 1st few sentences was all i really needed to read..I stayed for about 3 PUs, just saw the same people playing, saw a good amount of people in the server, saw a handful drop, saw people down for a base game, thats why i said something i didnt know about those other games so gg glad they got to PU I hope everyone gets a chance.
not sure why "whin-ing" is censored, lol.

if you were around for 3 maps - I'm not sure why you weren't picked. Were you not in the server when PU's were being picked? Morgawr was picked for the first PU ffs. He didn't do awful, my team was immediately at a disadvantage because the other team had 5 solid players to our 4.

Anyway - you were probably around for the first 2-3 maps. We have only been able to play 2-3 maps each Thursday night for PU, so obviously we were going to try to make them as competitive as possible.

I'd be happy to help any player learn the positions better if they are willing to listen - Stork has a pretty thorough guide stickied on this forum as well. But we're not about to waste potential good games that we rarely get in tribes anymore just so a few scrubs can try to play a PU. Much better if they learned ahead of time in PUBs, and/or got eased into it by playing in a PU or 2 when the numbers dwindle on Thursday night. That requires some patience though. And it's a very good time to ask "Who is playing Home D?" or "Who is playing LO"? That way, they can observe those players, and maybe learn a few things about those positions so they can play in a PU. Hint - If you can play Home D or are effective at LO, you will get picked for PU.

kitteh
Veteran++
Old
40 - 04-17-2017, 12:20
good side note, never let lel play home D
cause I'll end up chasing

edit: also I forget, vamp are you ayy???

Page 2 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Pick Ups 2Night

Social Website Bullshit