Is the NFL/NBA taking a hit on viewership? by JuggerNaught - Page 10 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Is the NFL/NBA taking a hit on viewership?
Page 10 of 70
blackpeople
REEEEEEEEEEEXV
Old
181 - 09-26-2017, 13:15
i only believe in peaceful protest and freedom of speech as long as i agree with the message

tw cuck logic

Sponsored Links
SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
182 - 09-26-2017, 13:21
so esplain charlottesville? berkeley?

I think the left just doesn't like a taste of their own medicine.

slogg
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
183 - 09-26-2017, 13:22
This kneeling controversy is phenomenal and the cowboys really personified it perfectly. I have yet to see a coherent non-contradictory explanation from either side.

The kneelers can't seem to figure out why they after kneeling anymore (cops, Trump? Freedom of speech?) and get mad when people say they shouldn't.

The anti kneelers can't seem to figure out why they're mad (dur the troops, the flag?)

Neither side appears to disagree with each other for the reasons they disagree. It literally makes no sense.

The cowboys kneeling but not kneeling during the anthem was perfect, they literally took no position at all.

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
184 - 09-26-2017, 13:23
Sorry blacks... you get nothing from this but lip service from rich athletes

Snake{TS}
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
185 - 09-26-2017, 13:26
Did anyone else notice that during the "take a knee - show of unity" that when the crowd started booing, ESPN muted the sound from the stadium?

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
186 - 09-26-2017, 13:27
just in case

besides, it's mike

Quote:
"Returning the Favor" host Mike Rowe acknowledged that he too was "disappointed" in Trump's statement, but didn't side with the protesters either, saying everyone is just "eager for our attention."

"In my view, the real controversy here isn***8217;t about patriotism, social justice, racial inequality, or free speech. It***8217;s not even about the flag or the national anthem. It***8217;s really only about one thing ***8211; what we will tolerate, and what we won't," Rowe wrote on Facebook.

Rowe said it was up to NFL viewers to decide what they would and would not tolerate from their favorite players, and that if viewers decided in great numbers that they would no longer support the league, "the matter would be resolved by Monday."

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
187 - 09-26-2017, 13:27
Meanwhile, 1 month ago, we had a thread on here where a Google engineer was fired for writing a paper on the lack of females in STEM fields. The left was all over this saying he doesn't have 1st amendment protection against being fired yet here, for some reason, the NFL players do have a 1st amendment right from persecution from their employers.

Almost monthly we read about 'right' leaning people losing their job over a comment they made with the left in agreement with that decision. So the people on the right, who are losing their jobs for expressing an opinion that the left does not like, is wondering why the same thing isn't happening to those on the left who are expressing a political opinion.

And if the people on the right want to discuss this, the left (as we see on this board) are calling them SJW's, pathetic virtue signaling, whiners, crybabies... etc. And the worst part is how the left is attempting to use the document they despise the most, the US Constitution, as a reason for firing some political opinions but then having it grant protections for the opinions they agree with.

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
188 - 09-26-2017, 13:39
Relevant.

Two Years After Embracing Racial Protests, Mizzou Football Is A Dumpster Fire.

^ perfect example as to what happens when people bow down to the emotionally retarded left. The school is hurtin' for certain mertin. I have no idea if this is going to happen to the NFL but this could actually happen to them. I would personally masterbate furiously if this happened to the NFL as i am rooting for all white people across the nation to no longer take part in anything that promotes cultural Marxism, Progressivism or straight up Marxism.

Let these ****ers see what happens from White Flight.

blackpeople
REEEEEEEEEEEXV
Old
189 - 09-26-2017, 13:43
ill sit here and hold my breath waiting to see who gets released for kneeling this year

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
190 - 09-26-2017, 13:51
Well done Time Magazine

3 Ways Americans Constantly Break the Rules on Respecting the Flag

Quote:
The United States Code, a collection of all federal laws in the U.S., has a section dedicated to the flag — Title 4, Chapter 1 — sometimes called the "Flag Code." The Flag Code covers how the flag should be designed, whether it should be used in advertising, and how it ought to be displayed, among other subjects. The President has the power to change the Flag Code unilaterally at any time

Penalties for violating the Flag Code are not enforced; the Supreme Court has found it unconstitutional to prohibit desecrating the flag. Instead, the Flag Code can be considered a list of guidelines for proper conduct regarding the flag.

As the sports world's debate over national anthem protests rages on, here are several ways in which people commonly violate the Flag Code.
Quote:
Using the flag on athletic uniforms

Quote:
Carrying the flag horizontally

Quote:
Letting the flag touch the ground

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
191 - 09-26-2017, 13:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpeople View Post
ill sit here and hold my breath waiting to see who gets released for kneeling this year
That is exactly the point the people on the 'right' are making. No one is going to be released because their political opinion fits perfectly with the cultural Marxists running the NFL and the MSM.

TBH - i would not be surprised if we read within the next few weeks that people on the 'right' that oppose these players from kneeling, get fired from their jobs for expressing wrong-think.

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
192 - 09-26-2017, 13:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by samUwell View Post
That is exactly the point the people on the 'right' are making. No one is going to be released because their political opinion fits perfectly with the cultural Marxists running the NFL and the MSM.

TBH - i would not be surprised if we read within the next few weeks that people on the 'right' that oppose these players from kneeling, get fired from their jobs for expressing wrong-think.
lol they are so dumb they just can't see it

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
193 - 09-26-2017, 13:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpeople View Post

Uh huh, and then you woke up.. lol

I knew I could count on white republican owners.

N.F.L. Owners’ Unity With Players Might Be Short-Lived - The New York Times

Quote:
Beyond the appearance of unity, though, is a far different reality: The owners have done little to support players who protest to fight social injustice. A few owners have told their players that kneeling for the anthem is inappropriate.

The owners by and large are a white, conservative group of billionaires, several of them big-dollar donors to President Trump. They have generally discouraged their players, about three quarters of whom are African-American, from anything that overshadows throwing passes and making tackles.

These are the same owners who allowed junk science produced by league-sponsored doctors to paper over the growing scientific consensus that repeated head hits are linked to long-term brain damage. They have warred repeatedly, aggressively and publicly with players over labor issues.

And as for Colin Kaepernick, the quarterback who inspired the anthem protests by kneeling in order to raise awareness about racial oppression and police brutality toward African-Americans, no owner has deemed him worthy of job, despite widespread handicapping that, while not in his prime, he certainly still is of a caliber to play.
Quote:
But the public demonstration of unity and support may be short-lived.

While it is too early to know if the protests will continue, and in what form, Shahid Khan, the owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars and on Sunday the first owner to be seen linking arms with his players on the sidelines, has said he would not continue the practice in the coming weeks.

“I’m not a crusader, but this was a Rosa Parks moment for the Jaguars,” he said. “I do not plan any future sideline appearances.”

The owners’ decision to go with the players at least this time struck some as a fallback to protecting the league brand, embodied in its ubiquitous shield emblem with the American flag motif.

“This issue is about protecting the shield,” said Andy Dolich, a former N.F.L. team executive. “There’s a subliminal dollar sign in that shield, so it is fair to be cynical” about the owners’ motives.
Quote:
The owners, stewards of a $14 billion league, the richest and most powerful in the United States, have tried to tread carefully. They did not ask for this moment in the political spotlight and seem in a hurry to leave it.

“Football and politics don’t mix easily,” the Cincinnati Bengals, whose owner is Mike Brown, said in a statement Monday. “Fans come to N.F.L. games to watch great competition on the playing field and that’s where our focus should be.”

While some of the owners said they support the players’ right to speak out, they also worry about a backlash and recognize that many spectators object to protests during the national anthem.

“At this point, I want to get away from politics and if they are going to continue protest, then I don’t need to spend my money there,” said Brandon Gill, a realtor from Jacksonville, Fla., who is considering giving up his Jaguars season tickets. “Frankly, I’m just tired of it all.”

cael
VeteranXX
Old
194 - 09-26-2017, 13:56
how about groping the flag and grinding on it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15Qc8h38Rb4

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
195 - 09-26-2017, 13:59
Quote:
***8220;This issue is about protecting the shield,***8221; said Andy Dolich, a former N.F.L. team executive. ***8220;There***8217;s a subliminal dollar sign in that shield, so it is fair to be cynical***8221; about the owners***8217; motives.

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
196 - 09-26-2017, 14:01
all about the cash..

so does social justice fit into cash grab?

does protest during the anthem fit into cash grab?

One thing we can always rely on.

Money controls the world and that's it. Once you have it then you can talk ****

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
197 - 09-26-2017, 14:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by slogg View Post
This kneeling controversy is phenomenal and the cowboys really personified it perfectly. I have yet to see a coherent non-contradictory explanation from either side.

The kneelers can't seem to figure out why they after kneeling anymore (cops, Trump? Freedom of speech?) and get mad when people say they shouldn't.

The anti kneelers can't seem to figure out why they're mad (dur the troops, the flag?)

Neither side appears to disagree with each other for the reasons they disagree. It literally makes no sense.

The cowboys kneeling but not kneeling during the anthem was perfect, they literally took no position at all.
Personally I hate entertainment being politicized. I watch because I want a few hours where I don't have to think about that stuff. I agree the Cowboys arguably took the best approach, but I still think it's a polarizing move. I think that the anthem is not simply about troops, or nationalism, but unity. No matter which side we're on, no matter how much we hate the other team, together we stand because in the end we're all the same, from the same nation, spilled the same blood, etc. To kneel during that is to spit on not just history and the troops, but on the man standing next to you. When they say "It's not about the flag!" I have to question "Then why do it at that moment?"

Right now I simply see the kneelers ignoring objective statistical reality in favor of some subjective anecdotal "truth". They claim there is an epidemic of police brutality in spite of all evidence to the contrary. They claim there is oppression when there is none. They claim that blacks have no equal rights, which they've had for 60 years. These players statistically see less punishment for crimes than anyone in the country. They're part of the most privileged class in America, the wealthy. Instead of pushing a false narrative, why not use that privilege to create outreach programs, to work with authorities and minority communities to address the issues that you think exist. Put your money and your fame to work to make the country better instead of ****ting on it like it's the worst thing ever.

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
198 - 09-26-2017, 14:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by samUwell View Post
Meanwhile, 1 month ago, we had a thread on here where a Google engineer was fired for writing a paper on the lack of females in STEM fields. The left was all over this saying he doesn't have 1st amendment protection against being fired yet here, for some reason, the NFL players do have a 1st amendment right from persecution from their employers.

Almost monthly we read about 'right' leaning people losing their job over a comment they made with the left in agreement with that decision. So the people on the right, who are losing their jobs for expressing an opinion that the left does not like, is wondering why the same thing isn't happening to those on the left who are expressing a political opinion.

And if the people on the right want to discuss this, the left (as we see on this board) are calling them SJW's, pathetic virtue signaling, whiners, crybabies... etc. And the worst part is how the left is attempting to use the document they despise the most, the US Constitution, as a reason for firing some political opinions but then having it grant protections for the opinions they agree with.
How can u possibly link these two events together

For one, kaep wasn't even fired, he just sucks and didn't get his contract renewed

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
199 - 09-26-2017, 14:53
Quote:
Panthers players are frustrated by restrictions put in place by Richardson that could put them at risk of some form of punishment if they were to publicly address social issues, per The Observer.

“Politicizing the game is damaging and takes the focus off the greatness of the game itself and those who played it,” Richardson said in a statement on Monday.
How was this missed yesterday?

Frustrated Panthers players to meet with Jerry Richardson about issues

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
200 - 09-26-2017, 14:56
Quote:
Tomlin added: "Al, obviously, has a unique story. Man, we respect Al. We respect the things that have gone on with him. When they expressed their desire to stand in the tunnel, and not be on the field in an effort to not take part in any of the politics, he said, 'Can I get toward the front so that I can see and protect the anthem?' I said, 'Sure.' Al, logistically, the team is going to be in the tunnel, the captains are going to be in the front because logistically we've got to get out and deal with the toss anyway. Somehow that was perceived as divisive. It's a shame to put Al in that position because, man, he is a team guy. And he's always been a team guy, as are most of our guys, man. We work extremely hard to be united, particularly in things that are aimed at dividing us."
Today

Page 10 of 70

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Is the NFL/NBA taking a hit on viewership?

Social Website Bullshit