[Official]TribalWar SUPERCOMPUTER thread

qCNDDIN.jpg

nhrNuVJ.png

IXGUlLF.png

Last edited:
Cinebench your Cuk. I want to know how my 10 year old quad core stacks up to a modern dual core with HT.

How about performance/ system cost numbers.

That seems a little moot considering hardware generations only being 6-8 months and first gen for new architecture is usually costs a fuckton more and performs less than subsequent gens.

My build was first gen back in late 2014 to early 2015 (I bought a few pieces each month). It was right when Intel came out with their 6 and 8 core processors.

• ASUS X99-A LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
  • GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 970 4GB G1 GAMING OC EDITION
  • Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3 GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W BX80648I75820K Desktop Processor
  • Intel 730 Series 2.5" 240GB SATA 6Gb/s MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) SSDSC2BP240G4R5 x2
  • WD Black 2TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch
  • G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Desktop Memory Model F4-3000C15Q-16GRR
  • ASUS ROG PG278Q Black 27" WQHD 2560 x 1440, 144 Hz 1ms (GTG) NVIDIA G-Sync Gaming Monitor

For the same money today I'm sure you could get:
-higher clock CPU or maybe even an 8 core if they've come down a bit in cost
-next gen gpu
-IPS panel monitor
-way the fuck better SSD as the pcie cards smoke the older sata drives (look at the difference between my raid0 SSDs and lemon's PCIe drive - granted benchmarks are more theoretical throughput and not necessarily real world application but i'm sure these two techs have a noticeable difference.)

Just pick a budget and work within it. You can always spend 'just $20 more for something better' on each component and end up way over budget at the end.

Cinebench R15 -Video and Image processing power benchmark
OpenGL: 92.02fps
CPU: 510

New video card arriving tomorrow. :boogie:

That seems a little moot considering hardware generations only being 6-8 months and first gen for new architecture is usually costs a fuckton more and performs less than subsequent gens.
I did all the benchmark stuff with the best system back in 2004. Even made a web page about it here.
TERA TERA TERA
My benchmarks were listed near the top of an OC web site at the time.
That system eventually died and I didn't keep up. The next system (still running) is air cooled an I7-920 not even over clocked.

It's a nice hobby to tinker with the computer, but yes, after 6 months all your gear will be outdated and keeping up isn't worth it.

Last edited:
New Lenevo server box running win 10 LTSB N

Cinebench R15 -Video and Image processing power benchmark
OpenGL: 20.92fps
CPU: 362

Back