[T2] Vengeance mod

Wonder if any mappers could take some time out to either modify an existing map, or make two of the maps we've seen.

The big arena type map (with lots of platforms for grapplying) and the map, Fort. Would be nice to play test smaller maps.

TWL-Celerity is pretty close to Fort's size.. Maybe just add a flag structure similar to T:V's. Can't think of any current T2 maps that are close or similar to the big Arena Map in T:V.

Anywho.. until tomorrow!

I just noticed that the hook wont attatch to trees. Previous versions would. Is that intentional?

I can hook other players.

Last edited:
BTW, I had launched a pod salvo - became distracted and wandered off to my rear only to suddenly notice rockets impacting on things 180 degrees to the rear of what they were fired at. They worked right. I had a brain fart. People will need to remember that they are involved in a 'shot' until the rockets impact. :) Dont turn and look at your buddy that has the flag.

:jawdrop:

Awesome work, guys. Some notes:

- Buckler's block surface is huge (90 degree tolerance if I saw right), it's blatantly easy to block shots with it.

- Might want to have different sounds for grappling and detaching, right now it can be a bit confusing. Great work nonetheless.

- The sound of the buckler when held in your hand is horrible, I don't think there's much need for it (or at least change it to something less painful to hear to). Or is it the tradeoff to the huge block surface? :)

- IIRC you have a limited number of bucklers, and you lose one if the thrown buckler crashes into terrain/buildings.

- Burner's range is too long. Also, it doesn't 'blossom' in the air adter it exploded.

Last edited:
JimBodkins said:
A new test of the OOB grid exploit on Beach Blitz. Remember, I have NEVER played HO.

http://gate.chms.net/files/exploitbb.jpg

You really need to fix this. I can show you how I got out.

All my tests are at =(ir)= Vengeance
Not important, the only reason you can't go oob in T:V is because you will end up in Limbo. It's not like this mod will be played at the comp level, it is purely for fun. Btw I been doing that since the begining with every grapple version :p

JimBodkins said:
BTW, I had launched a pod salvo - became distracted and wandered off to my rear only to suddenly notice rockets impacting on things 180 degrees to the rear of what they were fired at. They worked right. I had a brain fart. People will need to remember that they are involved in a 'shot' until the rockets impact. :) Dont turn and look at your buddy that has the flag.

I have shot myself in the back a few times. Also don't try rocket jumping, that is an enima you don't want :fart:

oob is engine level code, the only way to truely keep people out is to kill them when they do so or send them under the terrain. Really there is no reason to keep them out.

Changed some things Amadeu5 as you mentioned before. Only thing that isn't to be is the buckler getting lost. There is no collision callback for that projectile so I cannot tell what it collided with.

Of course I can instead make it fall to the ground so you are forced to go get it :shrug:

The 'event' mechanism in T2 is flakey IMO. I think that is the reason that you can get out. I think it is bad because it will be exploited.

I did a map (that I liked but no one else did), that was entirely inside a canyon with spawn points outside the canyon on the rim. The main Invs were on the rim as well. Flags in the canyon. (Deep canyon). Not many hills, so not much skiing. So I 'manufactured' 'launchers' and 'jump pads'. It was very fast actually. To prevent spam I covered the entire canyon (very large area) with a field about 20 meters below the rim. Surprising but it worked extremelywell. Could something like this be done instead of a traditional or suplimenting a traditional OOB grid?

I hacked something together for the buckler that is working pretty good. It won;t return to you if it hits a tree, interior or turret etc.

As for that oob idea, like I said it's completely unimportant and you would have to rely on custom maps for that.

Amadeu5 said:
- IIRC you have a limited number of bucklers, and you lose one if the thrown buckler crashes into terrain/buildings.

Nah, you only have one buckler. If it gets stuck behind an object or terrain you have to go pick it back up.

Egonomics said:
Nah, you only have one buckler. If it gets stuck behind an object or terrain you have to go pick it back up.
Correct. (thx for the dev tracker, Yogi)

Looking good, but some things need a little tuning. Epack boost is way too strong. Rocket pod seems to have very limited ammo, don't know how much you'll have in T:V... but 4 salvos for a light is not enough imo. :shrug:

Amadeu5 said:
Rocket pod seems to have very limited ammo, don't know how much you'll have in T:V... but 4 salvos for a light is not enough imo. :shrug:

If I recall, that number is accurate. I think KP said lights carried enough for 4 salvos.

Why the heck does this mod need a client pack? Client maps and maps without inventories are bad enough when trying out a new mod.

Plasmatic said:
Why the heck does this mod need a client pack? Client maps and maps without inventories are bad enough when trying out a new mod.
Because now you can use packs and deployables at the same time, which means there must be separate keybinds for both (also for dropping them).

Back