Tribes: Vengeance featured in PC Gamer

so i went to the magazine store to have a look at the little article. They had a new issue of computer gaming world which also had a "best of e3" type of thing touted on the cover. It actually mentions Tribes: Vengenance by name on the cover, unlike August's PCG. It was sealed though, so i didn't get a chance to actually look at what's inside.

jsut said:
so i went to the magazine store to have a look at the little article. They had a new issue of computer gaming world which also had a "best of e3" type of thing touted on the cover. It actually mentions Tribes: Vengenance by name on the cover, unlike August's PCG. It was sealed though, so i didn't get a chance to actually look at what's inside.
That must be the one with the most anticipated games of 2004 article.

I was shocked about the PC Gamer article because we didn't push them to do anything, and we weren't on the floor at E3. It was a complete surprise to me.

And to think, we get accused of over-hyping the game, and we're not even doing anything. It hypes itself!

I think for the true Triber over-hyping is like saying " i had to much fun today".

what some peeps fear, as i do, is another split in the tribes community. man it was ugly after the first week of tribes 2 release.

community was split and the result was alot of bitter people.

im sure the next title will be a smash hit. i can feel it. you guys are really doing good work.

The game is going to be a hit just because the single player is going to rule. Its retarded to make a multiplayer only game, really. It closes down the market AND make critical acclaim virtually non-existant. Look at Q3A. One of the best graphics engines of its day, and it was comparatively a failure (from what it should have been).

Thrax Panda said:
That must be the one with the most anticipated games of 2004 article.

I was shocked about the PC Gamer article because we didn't push them to do anything, and we weren't on the floor at E3. It was a complete surprise to me.

And to think, we get accused of over-hyping the game, and we're not even doing anything. It hypes itself!

It's on page 46 of the august issue. 2 full pages, 5 screenshots, and one cropped screen of the phoenix heavy. The article has about 3/4's a page of text, and it actually quotes you more than anyone else.

According to CGW it's just a preview, it's along side ones for Freedom, XIII, and then a few more that have only a single page each.

There is a screenshot that includes a model crouching. That's the only thing that is all that notable to me. Other than getting to play as a 5yr old Julia during part of the SP campaign.

jsut said:
It's on page 46 of the august issue. 2 full pages, 5 screenshots, and one cropped screen of the phoenix heavy. The article has about 3/4's a page of text, and it actually quotes you more than anyone else.

According to CGW it's just a preview, it's along side ones for Freedom, XIII, and then a few more that have only a single page each.

There is a screenshot that includes a model crouching. That's the only thing that is all that notable to me. Other than getting to play as a 5yr old Julia during part of the SP campaign.
How does XIII look? I wanted to see it at E3 but didn't get the chance.

Thrax Panda said:
How does XIII look? I wanted to see it at E3 but didn't get the chance.

It looks interesting. They definately seem to have gotten the comic book look thing down, so it doesn't look like anything else i've seen. That alone would interest me enough to try a demo or something.

Apotheosis said:
So says the minitru :D
:heart:

OMG, people here actually read *gasp* literature? You've restored my faith in Tribers, Apo, thanks. :)

The PCG article is very nice, given we weren't shown at E3, but we did take the prototype on the road to them awhile back, and that's what they're referencing there.

I haven't seen the CGW article. If there's a preview, then TV will have garnered more press than most other products we're launching this year. You guys don't know, but this means only good things for the product and team, as it shows the suits up on high that this game is a big deal and deserves all the resources it needs.

If you really, really want to support Tribes (beyond the huge amount you already do *blush*), drop those magazines a line and let them know you appreciate the Tribes coverage and would like to see more.

Marweas said:
If you really, really want to support Tribes (beyond the huge amount you already do *blush*), drop those magazines a line and let them know you appreciate the Tribes coverage and would like to see more.

/signed

Back