Idea about missile luncher and flares

I'd perfer to look at the title of this thread instead of its contents. I think a missile LUNCHER is an excellent idea. D can send ham sandwiches to the starving heavy O via these missile lunchers. An amazing idea to keep the front lines well fed.

Seems kind of silly. Why even bother having them in the game if everyone just automatically has flares. Of course you could say that about base too....god damn waht a fucking stupid weapon.

Heres my idea

[size=+2]FUCK FLARES[/size]
[size=+2]FUCK THE ML[/size]

Hey wait a sec.....

[size=+2]FUCK THE POLICE...FUCK...FUCK...FUCK THE POLICE[/size]

Hell yea bring back the NWA!

The ML can be saved, and make the game better.

How about this:
Make it completely ineffective against players, and highly effective against fixed assets (turrets and sensors), and effective against vehicles.

What I predict will happen - is that we no longer need to carry around flares (yay!); Blind Spamming would no longer be necessary if line-of-sight ML attacks were actually effective (yay!); And we would continue to have a counter against vehicles.

What's a missile luncher?

Is that a shoulder-fired lunch box?

Is it a warhead filled with sandwiches that explodes at altitude and rains lunch down on the populace?

Can we get this in T:V?

Slurp said:
The ML can be saved, and make the game better.

How about this:
Make it completely ineffective against players, and highly effective against fixed assets (turrets and sensors), and effective against vehicles.

What I predict will happen - is that we no longer need to carry around flares (yay!); Blind Spamming would no longer be necessary if line-of-sight ML attacks were actually effective (yay!); And we would continue to have a counter against vehicles.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I really do hate the homing capability of the Missle Launcher (ML), it just forces players to carry flares... and that's basically *all* it does imo. :p

A cool thing would be to require a Targeting Laser (TL) beacon in order for the ML to work properly.

For example, look at the nifty little picture I drew below :)
The guy on the left is shooting a missle (the launcher is shoulder, or back mounted), and the guy on the right is TLing where the missle should go. The missle flies straight up at first, and then sharply shoots downwards towards the target. This would also be a good tactic for clearing the flag stand, but would require two people.

.\...<-- missle trajectory
|.\...........................
|..\..........................
|...\.........................
^....\........................
O.....\..........o............
|......*-------|....<-- targeting laser guy
^................^............

^
|
missle shooting guy

^Hope that comes out alright :p

Last edited:
<thrax> Boy, that missile thingy sure sucks.
<THRAX> You're telling me. It's owned by the suck.
<thrax> What should we do about it, seeing as how it sucks so much.
<THRAX> Let's REMOVE IT FROM THE GAME.
<thrax> Done.

Back