I have an idea

I think some people here have never seen a really good shield pack dueler. It's not like they keep the pack on for the entire battle. They quickly flash toggle it to absorb a disc or mortar and then release it. Trust me that if you give top cappers the same energy with a shield pack as an epack they're going to find routes that get them to the flag fast and with lots of energy to spare.
There's ways of making other packs useful while keeping the epack. Maybe make the epack not give you such a drastic increase in energy. Have the shield pack take 1/2 or 1/4 damage from self-damage so it could be like the disc jump pack.

On the other OTHER HAND if it could be balanced, making people have to utilize a non passive pack while handling their weapons, jets, grenades, and whatever else could add a significant amount of skill to the game.

{A} PR24 said:
Could you imagine a fleet on HO with shield packs on becasue they don't need the energy packs anymore. That would be a very bad thing for someones defense :p

Until they ran into the four or five lights on d with cloak packs and lances (because they didn't need the Epacks anymore).....

Shinigami said:
I wonder how they're gonna get lances!

Umm.... i usually get mine from the invo, d00d. They'll prob get theirs the same way. And if you were talking about T:V, then I would say it's a safe bet we have NO idea what's in the game yet, except a disk launcher and a flag... bear all this in mind. (someone must be an HO......)

Actually, it seems pretty definitive that there isn't going to be a lance.

As far as shield capping goes: Tribes 1 it isn't really a widely used tactic, as far as I know.

Tribes 2 on the other hand, I have a Light Shield cap loadout, and medium as well. The ease of using a shrike to get to the flag or simply get in positin for a foot route opens up a myriad of possibilities.

Don't discount the fact that some Tribes 2 elements may end up in the game.

DarkAynjil said:
Umm.... i usually get mine from the invo, d00d. They'll prob get theirs the same way. And if you were talking about T:V, then I would say it's a safe bet we have NO idea what's in the game yet, except a disk launcher and a flag... bear all this in mind. (someone must be an HO......)

Nope. No lance in T:V.

TeckMan said:
If there's no e-pack, all pack energy usage has to increase, and deployables should drain energy just wearing them. Like I said before, a HO with an inv station shouldn't have as much energy as one with a shield or ammo pack.

I believe carrying an Invo or turret causes a loss of mobility currently, doesn't it?

Back