Command Console

sender

Banned
I always thought this was a really cool idea, it just never seemed to work well in games.

I always thought it would be cool to be able to create waypoints by pointing at a spot and using a bind (w-a-t) which creates a waypoint in the same way as the CC without having to leave the gameplay.

Whatdya think?

There is a limited version of this in T2 right now--look at any team asset and perform the pertinent voicebind, and bam, instant team waypoint.

Example: Your main sensor has been destroyed. Look at it, center it in your reticle, and hit VRS and a team waypoint with 'repair main sensor' text will be given out.

That said, I like the idea of being able to give locational waypoints in this manner. Say you're scouting out the enemy team and find a weak spot in their defense. Well, instead of spending the time to type all of that out ("Their back ledge is weak!" or what-have-you) you could center that location on your reticle and hit some voicebind and your team would get a waypoint and a voice message indicated that the waypointed location is a good spot to attack.

I do not know, however, what kind of abuse or cheat this would open up. I also recall that our beloved T:V devs have been quite wary on the waypointing issue, so this feature may not even be possible.

www.bittah.com/tv

Q: Command Map: A lot of the functionality in the Command Map from Tribes and Tribes 2 was very rarely used. Are you going to simplify the Command Map interface (assuming there will be one in T:V of course) or are you going to try and develop the Command Map in a different direction to the previous 2?

We are looking at changing the Command Map to suit our game, which has different requirements to T1 or T2. So yes, we'll be developing it in a different direction to previous Tribes games.

Back