[Release]Grey Config

so this config is drawing numbers in png format

i make a blank canvas in PS, type a number, apply a layer style, and then copy and paste it into a new document to make it match the size then save

i thought it would be cool to do it for all letters and symbols but it would be tedious as fuck to do that for something like 200 characters and im lazy so i only did numbers

so no joke

i just paid a guy in Kazakhstan $5 on fiverr to do the rest for me

whats the worst case scenario, he scams for a whole five bucks? and best case he does it for me for less than i spend on a coffee sometimes?

:lol: i love the world we live in

so this config is drawing numbers in png format

i make a blank canvas in PS, type a number, apply a layer style, and then copy and paste it into a new document to make it match the size then save

i thought it would be cool to do it for all letters and symbols but it would be tedious as fuck to do that for something like 200 characters and im lazy so i only did numbers

so no joke

i just paid a guy in Kazakhstan $5 on fiverr to do the rest for me

whats the worst case scenario, he scams for a whole five bucks? and best case he does it for me for less than i spend on a coffee sometimes?

:lol: i love the world we live in

lol i did this for tribes sport config except i am a pro

i just had all the characters typed out in one image and applied layer style across entire image then exported fixed height slices

actually or maybe i made it a like spritesheet but idk i dont ahve that config anymo

lol i did this for tribes sport config except i am a pro

i just had all the characters typed out in one image and applied layer style across entire image then exported fixed height slices

actually or maybe i made it a like spritesheet but idk i dont ahve that config anymo

yeah that's what gave me the idea - i still have ur tribes sport config (i really had to dig thru my tribes folders to find it tho)

at first i was doing it that way too, but i ran into alignment issues - small width stuff like the number 1 wouldn't align right and it was driving me nutty. changed to fixed height, variable width and although it's more work it lines up right that way

apparently there is a way to do a batch with comma separated data sets but fuckit its only 5 bucks

and?

yes, increasing resolution, field of view or pretty much anything that lets you see more and therefore makes the game render more, will result in less FPS

I'm seriously offended that a 17 year old game gets less than 100fps on a modern GPU for any reason what-so-ever. A little increase in FOV has a serious impact on performance. (A 10% increase had a 55% impact on performance)

Last edited:
yeah i get 100+ fps on 1st gen corei3 onboard video, idk maybe the R260 sucks really bad or something

i guess you could delete the LoDFix.dll and weapontrans, i haven't tested weapontrans but i know LoDFix you lose 5-7% FPS especially at the higher fovs that are typically affected by the lod bug

Back