Page 15 of 19
Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
281 - 09-28-2020, 00:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Canadian View Post
This is exactly what will happen. There's a fellow whose property adjoins mine and he is a serious pacifist. He once had to ask me to shoot coyotes that were pretty much living in his yard and wouldn't let anyone out of the house. I know he has no means to protect himself or his property. He'll just ***** that his **** is getting stolen at the coffee shop. I fully expect his place will be the new target soon.
Your neighbor may ask you to shoot thieves soon.

Sponsored Links
wtf eat apples
VeteranXX
Old
282 - 09-28-2020, 03:45
Yup thats canada for ya.

If you are in a remote area its better to just bury them tbh.

Akela
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
283 - 09-28-2020, 05:21
I imagined you'd turn up to the meeting wearing your Legionnare uniform. Don't know if you were a pioneer or not, but that uniform is rad. Axe and everything.

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
284 - 09-28-2020, 07:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edofnor View Post
i usually get a couple hours after i masturbate
so a pretty solid 8 hours/day then

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
285 - 09-28-2020, 15:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Validuz View Post
No he wasn't.
you don't need to eknight for a coward who died in shame before you were even born

HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
286 - 09-28-2020, 16:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowl of blood View Post
you don't need to eknight for a coward who died in shame before you were even born
Leave Jesus out of this

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
287 - 09-28-2020, 17:11
Quote:
He died before I was born, but I just know what you said was false.

Maybe lying for you leftists is so common that it's like drinking water, but I prefer to not lie, regardless of whether or not I know or care about John Wayne.

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
288 - 09-28-2020, 17:24
Quote:
He died before I was born, but I just know what you said was false.

Maybe lying for you leftists is so common that it's like drinking water, but I prefer to not lie, regardless of whether or not I know or care about John Wayne.
so rather than lie, you've decided to make an easily disprovable claim without knowledge of its truth value

unlike you lying leftists, conservatives take pride in their knowledge of history, though this particular fact is common knowledge and nothing a child over 5 should be surprised to learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
By many accounts, his failure to serve in the military later became the most painful part of his life.[36] His widow later suggested that his patriotism in later decades sprang from guilt, writing: "He would become a 'superpatriot' for the rest of his life trying to atone for staying home."

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
289 - 09-28-2020, 18:49
Quote:
so rather than lie, you've decided to make an easily disprovable claim without knowledge of its truth value

unlike you lying leftists, conservatives take pride in their knowledge of history, though this particular fact is common knowledge and nothing a child over 5 should be surprised to learn.
Yeah, you guys really care a lot about reality.

So from your own source, not that I needed it:
"Wayne was exempted from service due to his age (34 at the time of Pearl Harbor) and family status (classified as 3-A – family deferment). Wayne repeatedly wrote to John Ford saying he wanted to enlist, on one occasion inquiring whether he could get into Ford's military unit.[36] Wayne did not attempt to prevent his reclassification as 1-A (draft eligible), but Republic Studios was emphatically resistant to losing him since he was their only A-list actor under contract. Herbert J. Yates, President of Republic, threatened Wayne with a lawsuit if he walked away from his contract,[37] and Republic Pictures intervened in the Selective Service process, requesting Wayne's further deferment.[38]"

Also:
U.S. National Archives records indicate that Wayne, in fact, did make an application[39] to serve in the Office of Strategic Services (OSS), precursor to the modern CIA, and had been accepted within the U.S. Army's allotted billet to the OSS. William J. Donovan, OSS Commander, wrote Wayne a letter informing him of his acceptance into the Field Photographic Unit, but the letter went to his estranged wife Josephine's home. She never told him about it. Wayne toured U.S. bases and hospitals in the South Pacific for three months in 1943 and 1944.[40] with the USO.[41][42][43]

Weird.

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
290 - 09-28-2020, 18:54
Quote:

"Wayne was exempted from service due to his age (34 at the time of Pearl Harbor) and family status (classified as 3-A – family deferment). Wayne repeatedly wrote to John Ford saying he wanted to enlist, on one occasion inquiring whether he could get into Ford's military unit.[36] Wayne did not attempt to prevent his reclassification as 1-A (draft eligible), but Republic Studios was emphatically resistant to losing him since he was their only A-list actor under contract. Herbert J. Yates, President of Republic, threatened Wayne with a lawsuit if he walked away from his contract,[37] and Republic Pictures intervened in the Selective Service process, requesting Wayne's further deferment.[38]"

Also:

U.S. National Archives records indicate that Wayne, in fact, did make an application[39] to serve in the Office of Strategic Services (OSS), precursor to the modern CIA, and had been accepted within the U.S. Army's allotted billet to the OSS. William J. Donovan, OSS Commander, wrote Wayne a letter informing him of his acceptance into the Field Photographic Unit, but the letter went to his estranged wife Josephine's home. She never told him about it. Wayne toured U.S. bases and hospitals in the South Pacific for three months in 1943 and 1944.[40] with the USO.[41][42][43]

Weird.
Credit to Dwight Schrute on a well placed hulk smash.

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
291 - 09-28-2020, 19:02
Quote:

Also:

Weird.
was john wayne eligible to serve in the military during ww2? did john wayne serve in the military during ww2? do you have any point here at all?

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
292 - 09-28-2020, 19:05
Quote:
his reclassification as 1-A (draft eligible)
not that reading comprehension has ever been the strong suit of dimocrats

groove
VeteranXX
Old
293 - 09-28-2020, 19:32
john wayne was great in the conqueror

very believable genghis khan w/western accent

it's too bad the studio bought all the copies and tried to bury it

because they shot it out in the desert where nukes were tested

and even shipped back tons of irradiated sand back to hollywood

and half the cast/crew died of cancer

he also gave a super fascinating playboy interview back in the 70s that i bet tw would love

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
294 - 09-28-2020, 19:46
wayne not enlisting is so well known among people who know anything about movies (surprisingly not validuz) because of the irony of movies like the man who shot liberty valance, in which the john wayne gunslinger kills the troublesome liberty valance because the jimmy stewart character is too effete and cowardly to act

stewart was a highly decorated bomber pilot who saw combat many times

groove
VeteranXX
Old
295 - 09-28-2020, 20:08
wasn't there some story about how john ford made fun of john wayne for not being able to salute properly and john wayne got all huffy and walked off the set

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
296 - 09-28-2020, 20:20
lol holy ****ing triggered geezuz

you'd think john wayne voted for trump or something

no worries, he's dead, so he's a democrat voter now

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old