Tribes 20th Anniversary Weekend

had our first base pickup. played DX and SB. planning weekly base pickups on sundays at 8pm est/5pm pst. we play LT pickups most nights as well. grab a config at http://www.playt1.com and join the tribes talk discord. big shout out to sKILLz for organizing and hosting the server :).

DX:
jWQqCAv.png

SB:
qX4FE8O.png

Last edited:
I installed a few weeks ago but I haven't tried playing since then because I was having mouse issues using groove's config. Namely, my movements weren't registering intermittently. Might have just been some hairs/fuzz blocking the laser but are there any known problems like this?

ps, it's cool to see so many old names floating around :)

I installed a few weeks ago but I haven't tried playing since then because I was having mouse issues using groove's config. Namely, my movements weren't registering intermittently. Might have just been some hairs/fuzz blocking the laser but are there any known problems like this?

ps, it's cool to see so many old names floating around :)

make sure you turn vsync off. it has to be done in the graphics card settings/profile for tribes as the setting in game doesn’t do anything. was there an image in the config root folder that had the optimal graphics card settings? also what operating system? there were some issues with older versions of windows but i think that ended with vista.

Last edited:
I would play if there were a config with ski script, mine and grenade throw.

Instead, I get weird reticles and IFFs and textures and all types of stupid shit. LAME!

I would play if there were a config with ski script, mine and grenade throw.

Instead, I get weird reticles and IFFs and textures and all types of stupid shit. LAME!

can't fix stupid ;), all the configs have those settings you just have to rebind them.

can't fix stupid ;), all the configs have those settings you just have to rebind them.

i think he's asking for a basic config. and i think he makes a good point. there isn't a config on playt1 that isn't extremely customized.

Last edited:
i think he's asking for a basic config. and i think he makes a good point. there isn't a config on playt1 that isn't extremely customized.

et tu, opsayo? i will talk to raven and see about adding a “stock” config but the only one i am aware of is plasmatic’s. do you have a suggestion?

plasmatic's seems perfect. put in 1.41, netset, and call it a day.

i have broast's high-res versions of the stock weapon skin and we can throw that in there too. also that nice modern weapon hud with the weapon images if that's not stock with 1.40. keep the rest of the huds stock in the same locations and don't mess with the skies or the terrains.

Last edited:
make sure you turn vsync off. it has to be done in the graphics card settings/profile for tribes as the setting in game doesn’t do anything. was there an image in the config root folder that had the optimal graphics card settings? also what operating system? there were some issues with older versions of windows but i think that ended with vista.
Thx I'll give those things a try

plasmatic's seems perfect. put in 1.41, netset, and call it a day.

i can do this.

i have broast's high-res versions of the stock weapon skin and we can throw that in there too. also that nice modern weapon hud with the weapon images if that's not stock with 1.40. keep the rest of the huds stock in the same locations and don't mess with the skies or the terrains.

i can't do this. do you want me to do the first part and send it your way?

Give them brown terrains

opsayo loves them so he will probably will.

ya netset should be in all configs and everyone should use it and configure it with nutty settings so they can re-live 1998 all over again

Last edited:
Back