[Tribes] So I dont get you guys

Yea, cause like.. in tribes.... you can go from INSIDE TO OUTSIDE with NO LOAD SCREEN.

whats tribes?

19990120h.jpg

duh

IMO.

Tribes (+2) has all the gameplay elements it'll ever really need. Featurewise it's a complete package, and just needs a bit of a facelift.

Pretty much any other game (including Gears) proves rather two-dimensional in comparison, and needs more than just a nicer colour palette in a sequel to impress me.

The only reason people want better graphics for Tribes is so a new playerbase can be recruited from people who expect modern day games not to look like they were made in 1998.

exactly.

What we'd really like is a game that has a modern look but plays exactly like T1, but with some new stuff to master that doesn't affect the game balance. Add onto that team rabbit as a game mode, a quality server browser with IRC functionality (ala joining via IRC, possibly pming admins from in game), decent tourney mode & demos, interp as a UI adjustable value so people can STFU about it, partial matchmaking so noobs avoid servers with very good players, and instant death for anyone who creates an ultra-renegades style mod.

When Tribes Players say they want T1 with better graphics, they literally mean just that. Not some brand new game with new armors and new weapons and different physics.

We literally mean,

"HEY LOOK HERE FAGGOTS, DONT FUCKING CHANGE THE GAME AT ALL BUT MAKE IT LOOK LIKE IT WAS MADE IN 2010 SO ALL THE NOOBS THAT ENJOY HIGH END GRAPHIX WILL BE INTERESTED FOR THE NEXT FOUR OR SO YEARS"

Perhaps you should go to GearsOfWarWar.com and take it up with them. :shrug:

Just because folks here loved T1 and wanted it re-released with better graphics doesn't mean every game we love we want re-released with better graphics.

Tribes is speshul. :weird:

You say all you want is t1 with better graphics but when someone like Epic creates gears of war 2 which is pretty much gears 1 with better graphics you bitch that its just the same game with better graphics....

So in the end would it have been better if epic went to change it because they wanted to be revolutionary or would it have been better if they just revamped the graphics.... what if the revolutionary idea was a flop or a huge success.?

We want 1998 again, or in my case, 1962.
Tits must be nice by now?
Where's my map?

Back