hey, link me to some ron paul criticism

nada

Veteran X
i forget why i'm supposed to not take him seriously. "ron paul criticism" in google surprisingly not very fruitful. i'm sure some of you have the haterade links on hand.

nmi0d5.jpg

nothing wrong with ron paul, the problem as usual is the people aren't willing to accept the opinion of someone who isn't popular.

if it's not immediately obvious to you then you probably wouldn't understand the criticism anyway

look buddy. not everyone on the internet is a fucking political smart ass. i got some of the overtones but i'm talking about some shit computer chair commentators can't just barf up.

His three best forms of criticism?

1.) Gold standard today is unrealistic (so sayeth certain economists) because of how much we fucked everything up, but he still supports it (along with others).

2.) He has a shady (racist by today's standards) history because of his ghostwriter in some 1970's monthly(?) paper. At least, that's the story anyway, that it was his ghostwriter. Not unbelievable, but shady nonetheless.

3.) He injects a ton of pork into bills (knowing it will pass) and then votes no on them per his political views. He said "he has a duty to represent his constituents, and this is a way of getting their stolen tax money back."

p.s. He's also religious (don't think he accepts evolution) if that matters to you.

Last edited:
Oh, and I'd still support him in a split second for any political position he ran for, because he's light-years ahead of the competition. And that's even taking into account he's a "Republican," because he actually follow true Republican ideals and not what you see in the news (neo-cons/pretend tea partiers).

Then again, don't expect the likes of Kizzak to agree with me. Far-left and far-right ideologies are completely illogical and dumb.

Last edited:
gold standard is the only thing that would save the dollar now

from what i've seen his writings are mostly a reflection of the thoughts of the founding fathers own quotes

obama passes pork on bills... republicans did it, hardly a decisive issue. his other policies should make up for this small flaw

He's a Christian, and he's from the only state to have created jobs since the recession began

Is that Togowackjob posting?

Fuck off Togo. I don't want your idiotic pseudo-Christian psychobabble coming in here and ruining another thread.

Ron Paul On His Religion And Homosexuality | Mark Wagner - Yet Another Blog

found myself reading this, and his views are a bit mixed up.

Q: Do you believe homosexuality is a sin?

Dr. Paul: I’m not as judgmental about that probably because of my medical background. I don’t see it in [such] simplistic terms. I think it’s a complex issue to think it’s a sin or other problems with the way people are born. It’s too complex to give an answer as simple as that [that homosexuality is a sin.]”

he has no balls... this is why no one really supports him

i forget why i'm supposed to not take him seriously. "ron paul criticism" in google surprisingly not very fruitful. i'm sure some of you have the haterade links on hand.
For one, he put forth a constitutional amendment to define life as beginning at conception.

Besides the obvious (every form of abortion instantly illegal, regardless of circumstance), this would've hilariously made miscarriage a case of manslaughter. FngrBANG would've been investigated by the police.

Any logical argument against Libertarianism should be sufficient to quell even the most ardent Ron Paul supporter. Here's an example.

For years, I was a libertarian. These were the two pivotal points that, when they changed for me, changed my political orientation completely. As I see it, these two issues are the ones that should receive more discussion between honest and open people on either side of the debate.

I understand these aren't novel or particularly insightful thoughts, but I thought some people might be interested in seeing the exact two points that caused me to change from voting Republican to voting Democrat.

Previously I thought:

1) Big government can't do anything efficiently or with quality, and there are no checks on it to prevent that. In contrast, free-market economics, despite being occasionally brutish, at least tends toward efficiency since it features competition as a check for quality. Therefore, a small government that leaves all possible matters up to the free-market will lead to the best system for the benefit of the general population.

2) Poor people need the discomfort of being poor to help be motivated toward working hard. Only a small number of people are truly incapable of bettering themselves, the rest of them just need to be educated in capitalism and then given that motivation.

Then I realized:

1) Most giant companies are just as bad as big government in terms of their inefficiencies and how hard it is to change anything, and there are almost no meaningful checks for quality when they get to a certain size because competition is limited or non-existent. They can be even worse than big government because they are compelled to grab every penny with no direct incentive toward any other values or mission.

2) The ability to dramatically alter one's lot in life for the better (as compared to your parents, for example) is a very, very rare ability no matter what one's socio-economic background. It is even harder, though, for those who are poor, who have been marginalized, or who are culturally or socially conditioned toward certain dysfunctional behaviors and thoughts.

While the question of "wanting it bad enough" is certainly a contributing factor for those that do succeed, it still requires extraordinary levels of self-knowledge, persistence, good-fortune, and support from others that cannot be expected of the vast majority of people even in the middle class.

Furthermore, for many if not most people, an overly uncomfortable situation drains their capacity for self-discipline, self-control, goal-orientation, long-term thinking, and personal growth. These people will either turn to crime or will simply stagnate for generations.

I'd love to see the US try and peg to gold again. People would buy up gold so hard that it would essentially break the US to try and maintain the peg. Speculative capitalism at its finest.

I don't expect val or togo to have a clue about any of that though.

FSU :lol:

I'd love to see the US try and peg to gold again. People would buy up gold so hard that it would essentially break the US to try and maintain the peg. Speculative capitalism at its finest.

I don't expect val or togo to have a clue about any of that though.

FSU :lol:
I love how you didn't actually read any post in the thread before replying.

I guess reading wasn't a prerequisite at whatever college your daddy bought your way through. :lol:

Back