Is the NFL/NBA taking a hit on viewership? by JuggerNaught - Page 5 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Is the NFL/NBA taking a hit on viewership?
Page 5 of 70
Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
81 - 09-25-2017, 22:04
Sorry for cornering you Tele, it's okay to like what Trump said, nonetheless you know what he did was wrong and very much unconstitutional. Take a deep breath and just admit it.

Sponsored Links
SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
82 - 09-25-2017, 22:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jimmy Pop View Post
Calling out is one thing, that the NFL should fire them is another thing altogether. Why do you hate the Constitution? I love the thing myself and I too took an oath to defend it.
Because they should be fired. These are football players acting like they have any concept of the criminal justice system outside of what ccn tells them.

**** them

Don't ****ing tread on the flag while enjoying the very protection and freedoms it provides.

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
83 - 09-25-2017, 22:05
Quote:
Calling out is one thing, that the NFL should fire them is another thing altogether. Why do you hate the Constitution? I love the thing myself and I too took an oath to defend it.
again, you obviously don't understand what you fought for. freedom of speech doesn't mean you can't get fired for whatever you want to say or do. freedom of speech never implied that there will never be consequences for what you choose to say or do when you exercise your right.

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
84 - 09-25-2017, 22:06
Quote:
Sorry for cornering you Tele, it's okay to like what Trump said, nonetheless you know what he did was wrong and very much unconstitutional. Take a deep breath and just admit it.
who told u that what he said was unconstitutional

please use bullet points

u may refer to this thingy below

Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
85 - 09-25-2017, 22:09
Quote:
lol wat

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
86 - 09-25-2017, 22:10
Quote:
football dogpile

that was pretty retarded brah.

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
87 - 09-25-2017, 22:13
one of u guys better quote the constitution showing that the president can't talk ****

I can't ****ing find that part

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
88 - 09-25-2017, 22:14
Quote:
It's not against any laws for him to say that. It isn't unconstitutional either. Now if he said that they should fire all the Democrats or Republicans, or blacks, or whites, there might be a problem with that.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
89 - 09-25-2017, 22:15
I am not sure that people understand the dynamic here. Everyone is focused on knees and race and patriotism etc. That is not why the NFL is getting this reaction.

I will tell you what is going on if you care to listen.

People are fed up with everything. Spam in the e-mail box, junk mail in the mailbox. actors and actresses with a "cause", drama in the news, being told we should be PC, all-female ghostbusters - all of this **** adds up. Most of these things share a common trait - something doing something that it should not.

People watch football because we love the sport. Many of us have played the game. It is an escape - a way to enjoy a little of that hard earned downtime. It's a way to stay at home with the family but get to chill.

Now - we have some asshat making a personal protest. Fact: it is an NFL rule that both teams need to be present for the National Anthem. Fact: Pro athletes should put their personal lives aside and focus on the game. Fact: Any distraction from the game play is not good. On and on and on.

So - people are very used to saying "****it" and moving on these days. Too many ads in the TV shows? ****it and suckit here comes netflix, Too many asshats on the TV? ****it - cut the cord. Too much drama on Facebook - ****it and suckit social media. Too many protests downtown? Suckit local retailers - I am shopping on Amazon now because I can't stand to be with the dillholes out in public.

We have become accustomed to giving up our once enjoyable pastime of hanging out with a bunch of strangers and creating our own private entertainment venues. It really is no big deal. So - this isn't about anything other than some arrogant assholes have forgotten who's the boss and they are about ready to learn one of the most frustrating things in this country - freedom. Freedom to turn your sorry, selfish ass off and move on. Suckit, ****it and later.

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
90 - 09-25-2017, 22:21
That's all I wanted. yeah you are overpaid, I don't care, go out there and play with all you got. Fight for real estate.

To watch these divas take a knee to my ****ing flag is more than I can take. First you ****ed up the game with the real world and you ****ed it up with the one thing that keeps us from turning into a third world ****hole. The flag. Are you stupid?

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
91 - 09-25-2017, 22:25
Quote:
No Steelers were on the sideline during the anthem.

LT Alejandro Villanueva, a veteran who served in the Army, stood near the tunnel.
Quote:
Villaneuva played in college at the United States Military Academy before going on to become an Army Ranger. He served three tours in Afghanistan and was awarded the Bronze Star Medal for Valor.

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
92 - 09-25-2017, 22:27
18 U.S. Code § 227. That section prohibits the POTUS (among others), from ***8220;attempting to influence or interfere***8221; in a private company***8217;s labor matter, to urge a ***8220;political***8221; firing. This is especially true where the basis for the POTUS***8217;s urging of the firing of such a private company employee (union covered, collective bargaining agreement governed) ***8212; is (as here) centered on protected political

18 U.S. Code § 227 - Wrongfully influencing a private entity’s employment decisions by a Member of Congress or an officer or employee of the legislative or executive branch | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
93 - 09-25-2017, 22:30
What gets me is the pure selfish nature of the act. I would have happily watched football even if there was no national anthem - but that's not the tradition. The tradition is simple: stand in brotherhood and solidarity with your opponents and fellow Americans and honor the one thing that ties us all together on the same team - our country. So - tell me - you are going to take that one simple gesture and turn it into a selfish message? And the owners are going to allow it? Ha ha ha **** you. That's not football. It might seem like football but it's not. Football is about doing battle with honor and putting everything on the outside aside. Straight up professionalism. That appears to be gone. Thank God dudes like Walter Payton aren't alive to see this ****. Back in the day - these punks would have had their asses beat off the field by the other players.

Make Football Great Again

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
94 - 09-25-2017, 22:30
I loved what Villanueva did, I also agreed with Tomlin and I cant stand that guy. Also The NFL would be within their rights to fine him and everyone else who did not take the field

Last edited by Mr Jimmy Pop; 09-25-2017 at 22:33..
SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
95 - 09-25-2017, 22:31
Quote:
18 U.S. Code § 227. That section prohibits the POTUS (among others), from ***8220;attempting to influence or interfere***8221; in a private company***8217;s labor matter, to urge a ***8220;political***8221; firing. This is especially true where the basis for the POTUS***8217;s urging of the firing of such a private company employee (union covered, collective bargaining agreement governed) ***8212; is (as here) centered on protected political

18 U.S. Code § 227 - Wrongfully influencing a private entityâ***8364;***8482;s employment decisions by a Member of Congress or an officer or employee of the legislative or executive branch | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute
oh **** off...

for real.

Reagan fired all the protesting air traffic controllers you dumbass

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
96 - 09-25-2017, 22:32
Quote:

18 U.S. Code § 227 - Wrongfully influencing a private entityâ***8364;***8482;s employment decisions by a Member of Congress or an officer or employee of the legislative or executive branch | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute
try again

Quote:
solely on the basis of partisan political affiliation
it's a republican flag now?

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
97 - 09-25-2017, 22:32
On August 5, 1981 following the PATCO workers' refusal to return to work, Reagan fired the 11,345 striking air traffic controllers who had ignored the order, and banned them from federal service for life. ... The civil service ban on the remaining strike participants was lifted by President Bill Clinton in 1993.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
98 - 09-25-2017, 22:32
Quote:
18 U.S. Code § 227. That section prohibits the POTUS (among others), from “attempting to influence or interfere” in a private company’s labor matter, to urge a “political” firing. This is especially true where the basis for the POTUS’s urging of the firing of such a private company employee (union covered, collective bargaining agreement governed) — is (as here) centered on protected political

18 U.S. Code § 227 - Wrongfully influencing a private entity’s employment decisions by a Member of Congress or an officer or employee of the legislative or executive branch | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute
18 U.S. Code § 2381 - Treason | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.
(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 807; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, §***8239;330016(2)(J), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2148.)

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
99 - 09-25-2017, 22:34
jimmy pop with the FEELS not the REALS

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
100 - 09-25-2017, 22:37
Not sure how that applies here. Hillary maybe, Snowden yeah, but disrespecting the anthem? That's not treason. It's just lack of class

Page 5 of 70

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Is the NFL/NBA taking a hit on viewership?

Social Website Bullshit