Fallout 3 = Oblivion with guns

There are already mods for it.
Yes, and I'm sure they're very expansive.

Because Bethesda released the current version of the [strike]Elder Scrolls[/strike]Fallout CS.
And documented new scripting functions (and this is assuming that anybody has even figured out how to pull the existing scripts out and decompile them yet without the CS. Which I rather doubt, and I'm willing to give myself the benefit of that doubt here since I have a pretty extensive background in modding.)

Oops.
They haven't done that and people are incredibly limited with what they can tinker with until they do.

I loved both stalker and oblivion. I have clear sky in the queue, installed, patched, ready to go.

But both of those games required an enormous amount of work for me to enjoy them. Stalker required thorough tweaking, which when completed the game looked fantastic. Oblivion...after Morrowind seemed borked but could be revived by mods, and was. But again, that took work.

Fallout 3 should be plug and play for you, unless you're Fool. With settings maxed it looks good and plays well on my decent machine. Seems to have upside through modding and tweaking but does not require those things in order to be stable or look good.

So that's what I mean when I say it's better out of the box than either stalker or oblivion.
The only thing broken with Oblivion out of the box was the leveled list system. Other than that, it was what it was.

And Stalker? I had zero problems with it.
And I still run an AGP video card.

apparently the game is/was very buggy. Are there any patches/mods I should get?
I played through the 1.0 version without any problems at all. :shrug:

I recently replayed it and applied the unofficial patch. I think that's at v5.7 now (check patches-scrolls.de.)
You need to apply it over the official 1.2 patch. It corrects a bunch of stuff and adds a lot of content that was cut.

It's an awesome game. I won't give anything away, but I will say that the werewolf sequence late in the game is easily one of the coolest things in any game to date. Valve only wishes that they could do something that great with Source, and it's their engine.

vtmb [strike]is[/strike] was an awesome game :(
Yup.

And the pisser is that it will never get a worthy sequel.
Troika was fucked by Activision almost as badly as Black Isle was fucked by Interplay. Those guys have no luck. Publishers are scum.

I really hope that there's another stellar Masquerade RPG under development somewhere, but I doubt it.

Huh.
I remember skipping on vtmb because it contained vampires (and vampires are ghey). Also, half life 2 ran like ass on my system back then, so I assumed it would be the same.

It seems I may have to look into it.
Vampires are still pretty gay though.

Most of the dev team has never played Fallout (by their own admission), and it shows. Just look at the "iguana-on-a-stick" They actually made it look like an iguana on a stick.

Oh well.
It could be worse.

Iguana on a stick actually was/should be an Iguana on a stick.

It was Iguana Bits that was the 'Other' meat.

But I know what you mean

Would The Witcher be in any way similar to Vtmb? I have been considering playing one or the other (maybe I will just try both)

Iguana on a stick actually was/should be an Iguana on a stick.

It was Iguana Bits that was the 'Other' meat.

But I know what you mean

Would The Witcher be in any way similar to Vtmb? I have been considering playing one or the other (maybe I will just try both)

if you play through VTMB don't play as a Nosferatu your first time. Go with something straightfoward or something fun (like a malkavian)

It's one of the best games of the past five years.
Hands down.
It beats the shit out of F3 in every way possible and shows how this sort of game should be done.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You'll be waiting for quite a while since Bethesda doesn't seem to have any interest whatsoever in supporting the mod community because--surprise--console users won't benefit and they can sell shit themselves on that retarded Xbox online thing.

Hey Kura did you ever play Arcanum? It was my first game I played by some of the creators of Fallout. I personally thought it was awesome but I read reviews and it didn't do so well.

...no, but creating a game in which you're running through brown environments shooting everything that moves every six seconds certainly is.

You're acting like adding "auto aim bullet time" somehow adds depth. :lol:

"BOY MAX PAYNE IS A VERY DEEP GAME WITH EXTREMELY STRATEGIC COMBAT.
IT DEFINITELY HAS MORE IN COMMON WITH A TBS THAN IT DOES WITH A MINDLESS SHOOTING GAME LIKE QUAKE."
-CarpeIppon

I'm not defending Fallout 3. I'm defending quake. Putting in an no-skill, no-challenge auto-aim win button feature is not something that appeals to the quake crowd. Its more console fps/haloish than anything else.

Hey Kura did you ever play Arcanum? It was my first game I played by some of the creators of Fallout. I personally thought it was awesome but I read reviews and it didn't do so well.

I thought arcanum had the ability to be fun, but the combat was atrocious

the tb combat wasnt half what fallouts tb was and the real time moved entirely too fast to keep up

the story i got through was fun I just couldnt keep playing

Troika is a case study of great ideas with poor execution in my mind

I thought arcanum had the ability to be fun, but the combat was atrocious

the tb combat wasnt half what fallouts tb was and the real time moved entirely too fast to keep up

the story i got through was fun I just couldnt keep playing

Troika is a case study of great ideas with poor execution in my mind

Yea I had to do turnbased because real time was ridiculous.

I completely lost interest and haven't played the game for weeks.

F3 is a solid 5/10 game, which is a disappointment considering its pedigree and budget.

Back