[Vid]Reno Air Race Plane crash

The aircraft was about a lap into the race when the pilot sent out a "Mayday signal" and pulled "out of the lap" before crashing into a box seat area that is in front of a grandstand at the "very large race field," located about 15 miles north of Reno, Draper said.

what the hell kind of mayday signal would it send out? aviation reports in the news are always terrible :/ Maybe the mayday signal was "crashing into the ground nose first at 150mph"

Honestly, situations like this, I just don't take much enjoyment out of being on the "edge". Knock yourself out if you can...not me.

yea really sad for the injured.

on the brighter side... if i was 80 years old i would want to go out doing what it is that i loved to do. Just sucks he injured and killed innocent people

Well...apparently, pilots are killed regurally at this show. I don't go to airshows not expecting something bad to happen. It's inevitable at some point.

wow just read this guy had cancer and was severely depressed and probably did this on purpose

the docs warned the organizers not to let him fly

Reporters are f'ing STUPID. Seriously, watching the press release, the first thing the guy after condolences is that he doesn't know the specific number of people dead. First thing the reporters ask when he opens up for questions is HOW MANY PEOPLE DIED.

What a buncha idiots.

wow just read this guy had cancer and was severely depressed and probably did this on purpose

the docs warned the organizers not to let him fly

Gotta be a rumor...the Press Conference said his medical records were up to snuff and he was fit.

Back