Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Mass Effect 2
Page 11 of 56
Madend
VeteranXV
Old
201 - 01-26-2010, 23:44
resources on planets you mean? i don't think they replenish, but you only need to mine a fraction of the total planets to research everything since you can't upgrade things indefinitely (except retraining/advanced training stuff i guess)

Sponsored Links
Ordos
VeteranXV
Old
202 - 01-27-2010, 00:31
Here's my short list of what I don't understand why they changed it from the original.

I don't understand the addition of an ammo resource system. Technology has regressed.

No Mini-Map with Censor.

Little to no RPG Element.

No real upgrading of armor/weapons in the traditional sense.

No Grenades. Original Weapon modification gone.

Have to spend skill points on ammo types.

Scanning of planets ...

FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Old
203 - 01-27-2010, 00:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordos View Post
Here's my short list of what I don't understand why they changed it from the original.

I don't understand the addition of an ammo resource system. Technology has regressed.

No Mini-Map with Censor.

Scanning of planets ...
They explained it ingame as the ammo is basically a heat sink to absorb the heat and is then ejected and replaced (which is why there's no heat bar).

Censor?

The hours of dialogue and general chattiness of the game isn't RPG enough for you?

I did miss upgrading armor/weapons. I didn't miss sorting through my inventory on a massive scale.

I don't understand the lack of grenades either. The original mod system was cool too.

Walking_Man
VeteranX
Old
204 - 01-27-2010, 00:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordos View Post

No Mini-Map with Censor.

Scanning of planets ...
RPG elements suck.

TF_Grungir
VeteranXV
Old
205 - 01-27-2010, 00:43
i dont know why it irks me but i cant figure out why the main character wont take his ****ing helmet off during dialogues. they put all that effort into the cinematics and facial expressions.....
dragon age did this properly

Die Hard
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
206 - 01-27-2010, 10:15
His facial expression is really creepy when trying to hit on people

Beat the game last night and was a little disappointed on the last part, was hoping it would be longer and more epic.

samuelk
VeteranXV
Old
207 - 01-27-2010, 11:46
I bought both the PC and 360 versions. On the PC version, planet scanning is a bit easier because you can move the scanning "tool" much faster.

I've found that on the 360 version, if you press the scanning trigger rapidly instead of holding it down, you can scan a bit faster.

I was very impressed with how different the playthroughs can be.

On the PC version, I started with a new character and used all of the default settings for the major decisions from ME1.

On the 360 version, my character was a level 39, and I had saved the council, and Wrex was alive. When visiting the Citadel, the conversations that took place were vastly different, since in one version the Council was alive, and the other version they weren't.

Also, a fun thing to do in the Citadel is to visit every retail shop on every level and ask for a discount. You can offer to record an endorsement (from the man who saved humanity) for each shop. And every time you walk by or into a shop, you'll here Shepard's recorded voice saying "I'm Shepard and this is my favorite store in the Citadel."

I haven't found out yet if there are any repercussions from endorsing every shop as my "favorite".

Vampire
VeteranXV
Old
208 - 01-27-2010, 13:54
I may be in the minority, but I definitely don't miss the completely overburdening inventory system from the first game. It was so easy for that to get ridiculously cluttered.

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
209 - 01-27-2010, 14:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
I may be in the minority, but I definitely don't miss the completely overburdening inventory system from the first game. It was so easy for that to get ridiculously cluttered.
It was also so easy to change to a different weapon of the same type.

Die Hard
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
210 - 01-27-2010, 14:03
They just dumbed stuff down for console users!

SL83
VeteranXV
Old
211 - 01-27-2010, 14:23
Some stuff was dumbed down that I don't like.

Other stuff is a bit better.

I dunno. I'm more in it for the story.

{FSC}Godfather
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
212 - 01-27-2010, 15:06
God I love this game so far,

I can never play a game for more than an hour without getting bored nowadays.

After 2 hours its like I should stop, just one more mission, 2 hours later its like shieeeet.

Walking_Man
VeteranX
Old
213 - 01-27-2010, 15:31
The only thing that sucks now is the planet scanning. Its basically replaced elevators as the annoying time sucker.

Kalyx
VeteranX
Old
214 - 01-27-2010, 15:58
I'm about 32 hours in, and I completely love the game, only qualm I have is the planet scanning, and I was hoping for more guns, I only have like 2 for each type still... Except for heavy weapons obviously.

Also, Mordin singing is perhaps the single greatest thing to ever be included in a video game

Die Hard
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
215 - 01-27-2010, 16:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyx View Post
Also, Mordin singing is perhaps the single greatest thing to ever be included in a video game
Mordin singing was more epic than the ending to me

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
216 - 01-27-2010, 16:13
Mordin sings? I guess I haven't gone far enough then. I haven't done the IFF mission yet and have just been going around to all the planets picking up the side missions. I like the new characters but I rarely take them out with me. It's almost always Tali and Garrus. I'll occasionally take Samara in place of Tali or Thane in place of Garrus though. I don't care for the others at all.

Die Hard
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
217 - 01-27-2010, 16:29
Can't exactly remember when he sings but like Joker/EDI and the two Engineers, Mordin got something funny to say after every mission.

Kalyx
VeteranX
Old
218 - 01-27-2010, 16:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcursion View Post
Mordin sings? I guess I haven't gone far enough then. I haven't done the IFF mission yet and have just been going around to all the planets picking up the side missions. I like the new characters but I rarely take them out with me. It's almost always Tali and Garrus. I'll occasionally take Samara in place of Tali or Thane in place of Garrus though. I don't care for the others at all.
Yeah, you just have to talk to him a couple of times in between missions. I always talked to him a lot because it never required me to go down the stupid elevator.

Also, I mentioned this earlier, but Tali and Garrus have an awesome conversation if you take them on the citadel and go up or down the stairs.

samuelk
VeteranXV
Old
219 - 01-27-2010, 16:39
It's fun to stand on the bridge behind Joker and wait for him to say random stuff.

At one point, I started hearing a woman's orgasmic screams over the Normandy's PA system. Then it stopped abruptly and Joker said, "Oops..that was supposed to be in my earpiece."

dubsack
VeteranXV
Old
220 - 01-27-2010, 17:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Hard!!{SDB} View Post
They just dumbed stuff down for console users!
Huh? Both ME and ME2 were designed for the console, ground up. The first one wasn't scaled back like the second one is...

About 10-12 hours into the game now, liking the story line. But, some of the changes just boggle my mind. They basically scaled back all the RPG elements, upgrading, skills, etc. Not sure why, as that is what really set the game apart for me. The whole resource/upgrading thing is just tedious, and takes away from the flow of the game.

I never understood why they **** sequels up, when you have a formula that works.

Page 11 of 56

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Mass Effect 2

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
sl83 , yarr matey i banged katie