Web Hosting Deals? by Fonzie - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Web Hosting Deals?
Fonzie
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 03-30-2011, 15:21
Are there any of those crazy deals going on? Like those $7 for a full year type things.

I'm looking to get a some decent web hosting but don't real feel like playing $120/year.

What are my best options?

Sponsored Links
Spexx
VeteranXV
Old
2 - 03-30-2011, 15:23
Web Hosting by DreamHost Web Hosting: Web Sites, Domain Registration, WordPress, Ruby on Rails, all on Debian Linux!

777 coupon code might still work.

Pengo
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 03-30-2011, 16:46
hostgator
bluehost
dreamhost

or branzone, with tw discount

just check slickdeals and fatwallet for a couple weeks and something will probably pop up.

otherwise just go with one of the above. the normal price of about $10/month isn't really a big deal though I guess it depends how much use you plan to get out of it. i just do the standard hostgator $10/month or so and it works great. I have like 15 sites hosted for that.

nigafool
VeteranXX
Old
4 - 03-30-2011, 16:47
i pay $10.70 to branzone every 3 months i think

i don't feel like i am breaking the bank yet

triple
VeteranXV
Old
5 - 03-30-2011, 16:48
static page? s3.

Pengo
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 03-30-2011, 16:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigafool View Post
i pay $10.70 to branzone every 3 months i think

i don't feel like i am breaking the bank yet
yeah i think branzone was the cheapest option if you just have one or two sites. look for the branzone thread, the discount code should be in there? if you have a bunch of additional domains, branzone will charge you for that though. thats why i went with hostgator for multiple domains.

Fonzie
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 03-30-2011, 16:52
Yeah I'm an idiot actually. I already have unlimited hosting + a domain w dreamhost. I didn't realize I had unlimited bandwidth + storage. I think I'll just add a domain onto that. I originally got dreamhost through the 777 deal.

Woops. But yeah, I looked into Branzone a while back for web hosting or a gaming server. Looked pretty decent pricing plus the TW discount.

Kallama
VeteranXV
Old
8 - 03-30-2011, 16:57
branzone DUH!!!!

Dumpy Dooby
VeteranX
Old
9 - 03-30-2011, 17:41
For shared hosting, I use BounceWeb. I pay about $3 per month, and that gives me unlimited bandwidth and storage. You start off with I think 20 GB or so of storage, but you can have them allocate more by simply filing a ticket. Other than that, the limitations are just the normal shared hosting BS: lackluster specs, inconsistent performance, poor scaling, etc. These don't matter if you're just serving a blog or portfolio or whatever (Hell, I think even Magento would work fine if you get it set up right), but if you're trying to set up a custom LAMP stack, install some modules, mount a file system, do some sort of bytecode caching, etc., you might have some issues.

Monkey_b
VeteranX
Old
10 - 03-30-2011, 17:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengo View Post
yeah i think branzone was the cheapest option if you just have one or two sites. look for the branzone thread, the discount code should be in there? if you have a bunch of additional domains, branzone will charge you for that though. thats why i went with hostgator for multiple domains.
i pay $20 a month to branzone and have like 50+ domains on different virtualhosts

other than the fact the server i'm on doesn't quite support php5, nor can i secureshell, i have no complaints

Brandonm
Branzone.com
Contributor
Old
11 - 04-01-2011, 21:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey_b View Post
i pay $20 a month to branzone and have like 50+ domains on different virtualhosts

other than the fact the server i'm on doesn't quite support php5, nor can i secureshell, i have no complaints
You have to switch what version php your account uses through the cpanel. The default is php5.

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Web Hosting Deals?

Social Website Bullshit