Anyone have experience with Blademaster?

Vulcan

Contributor
Veteran XV
Anyone know whats up with it? I wanna make something like a Aelfborn/Fighter/Warrior/BM but don't know what to get...

I imagine myself as a dude with a badass sword and shit. Think "Blademaster" from Warcraft 3.

Templates and tips are welcome too.

friend has a fighter-warlock-bm

he hits really hard and fast and that str/dex debuff is really nice, plus the bm styles cost almost no stam

if you were to go ranger you'd get a dex buff, dmg buff, def buff, and a stam chant or attack speed chant and dot/snare. I was reading with the GMed stam chant you get stam back while fightning

I think a warrior would be a waste since all you get is a ranged taunt, stun break and hold the line.. yay?

im rolling a rouge-ranger-bm as an alt

Last edited:
I gave him up at lvl 15 and got my thief to 21...

If I go back to the BM will you guys help me out with getting the rune?

I need hookups of the rune and their special BM blade.

;/

i have a BM bard. im deleteing him, not because he sucks...no because my bow bard is more bettah.

hands down the best looking normal stance though. BMs look pimp. Also to consider is rumor has it in a few patches BMS will get a tweak so they are more accurate with the lore. Meaning they will only wear cloth armor and have a massive defense (do to being masters of the blade yadda yadda).

I would think a fighter/ranger would be the best combo. a warrior with commander would do well too.

Yeah the lore changes would rock for BM imo if they got their own BM cloth with good bonuses and stuff.

I think I will delete mine for the time being then because I already spent a lot of points in Medium Armor and start leveling a Confessor or continue with my theif.

Are there a lot of fessors around? Not as many as theives right. A nice nuker who isn't glass cannon is so appealing to me.

yeah fessors are the FOTM class along with healer channelers. Fessors arent that difficult to contend with though. 75% fire resists make fessors hit for like 75....oooh. they still have those faggoty overpowered shields though.

FOTM?

I don't know if there is a shit-load of fessors around though. Hopefully not. I hate being a theif. So many thousands of other theives.

oh there are lots of fessors around even more channelers. everyone has a thief and thieves are at least balanced. take a look at how many scouts are on during peak hours to balance out thieves ;)

Hehe.

I was considering a dagger scout before I rolled my thief, but to me a thief is so much funner. I love being an asshole at times, but moreso, stealing from those big dumb warriors and then running like heck would be fucking hilarious. Rofl.

well a dagger scout + thief gank group can be nasty. if i ever get off my ass ill lvl my thief again and my n kirk will go wreak havok on people.

eh... as a theif harassin people as fun, but you are limited as to who you can harass...

as a scout, you can harass anyone, and everyone ;o

Maniacal said:
eh... as a theif harassin people as fun, but you are limited as to who you can harass...

as a scout, you can harass anyone, and everyone ;o
Yeah but merely harrass. Scouts don't have the killin power I am told, and they can't steal. So :shrug:

However if you would post you *ahem* template so I can see your effective scout then I might try one out.

you go from having a sizeable knowledge from reading so much about the game, to taking what you hear beyond face value?

Well in my experience I write what I have experienced as far as games, so I trust people to do the same.

I guess not though.

Maniacal... scouts cant harass any more people than a thief... most thiefs have no trouble taking down a scout... im confused.

Boston said:
Maniacal... scouts cant harass any more people than a thief... most thiefs have no trouble taking down a scout... im confused.

scouts are the only class that can see all stealthed characters, than means in addition to everyone a theif can harass, they can also prey upon theives, assassins, other scouts, and any one else who can hide/sneak... also, while theives have a high run speed, they dont get PF, so they will never be as fast as a good scout (essential for hit and run attacks... like against those minobarbs that have 4-5 thousand+ hitpoints)...

"most thiefs have no trouble taking down a scout"

thats a blanket statement, and doesnt work out to an accurate stereotype in sb... there are lots and lots of poorly developed characters... ive seen an r3 gimplock take out an r5 hg barb, just for one example...

a poorly developed character generally has no chance against a well developed character... then again, a poorly played character thats well developed can lose to a better played, though somewhat less well developed character...

i only have one scout that was taken down by a theif... (to give an idea, ive rolled a total of 14 scouts so far)... and at the time the scout was r2, and was low on health from fighting a mob, and was killed by an r4 theif...

Oh i forgot you have the most uber scouts in game... whatever. You have the amazing ability to defy the rules built into the game. Thief has better dmg, has parry, has dodge, a good thief has a snare, and should have no problem dropping any scout. thats right i said ANY, you can say what you want about your uber scouts, if you are going to claim the only way you lose to one is with everything leaning in the thief favor im going to claim i could take you out every time. my initial post said MOST not all but you seem to think you are the god of the game so lets duel some time

oh and if you claim that shooting an r5 barb with an arrow harassing then you are an idiot, thats not even a dent into thier HP. which is what i was trying to say initially, you cant harass anything more than a thief can. you target mages, and LA or less wearing healers, not tanks and not assassins or thiefs it makes no sense to do that unless your in a group, which makes every bit of your arguement retarded because you arent doing the killing your just initiating it

Back