Its getting closer

Caden

Contributor
But not quite yet...(for me)

I have hit the 'proverbial wall" in SB, much as i did in all the other mmorpgs i have played/beta tested.

I guess UO was really just way ahead of its time (even to this day) and probably will never be recaptured. (much like Tribes... dare i speak of vengence..)

There is simply not enough to 'do' on a solo basis (period). In UO if my guild wasnt doing anything I could go out and find something to do. be it solo for another weapon of power or simply farm a few logs with my lowly lumberjack (for arrows,chests (of mass distruction :p) or new furniture for my humble house.

I reallly wanted SB to be everything that UO was and more.

SB has done many many many things right, and i praise them for it. No other mmmorpg has come close to acknowledging and fostering the idea of PvP combat in an mmorpg. (other than UO of course)

The dependence on a guild is the 'bane' of SB. In UO you could be a solo artist if you wished. In SB you are reeequired to abide by the wishes of your countries GM (period)

This is not fun for me.

UO (in its prime)allowed for freelancing, and one could xp or pk on a whim without the need of politics or whatnot.

SB is a great step in the right direction for the mmorpg, but for me its not quite there yet.

Ive already paid my next moth subscription so ill be doing whatever in the mean time.

Keep your eyes out (Colassa peps) for when i start giving all my shit away.

Or maybe ill just get a summons to Khar or whatnot and make an unsuspecting summoner very, very happy.

laterzzzzzzzzzzzz

Maniacal said:
no

its the 'point' of sb

agreed it is the point of sb, and it(imo) detracts from certain aspects of the game.

obviously you never played UO?

I have a R5 scout, and an R4 thief. neither keep me interested anymore. Im quite certain I have explored everything that each class has to offer, perhaps im just not as easily amused?

The game is not nearly as enjoyable for me as Tribes, Tribes2(classic) or TR2 AND I am paying for it... The decision for me is a no-brainer.

for me the game is still missing something. No offense to anyone here, if you enjoy the game play it!

I guess it will be one happy newb that summons me then.

Have fun :)

MaD_ReBeL said:
you said tribes2 classic.

why does everyone expect every mmorpg to be UO? why cant games be unique? go play t2 or something.

nah unfortunatly tribes is dead for me too. I am gameless :( boo hoo.

why do we want it to be UO?? cause if fucking rocked, thats why.

because it went to carebear city like every other mmorpg around. except sb of course.

I played during the dreadlord days and sometime there after.

UO is nothing like it used to be from my understanidng. thats why.

well, i still think youre judging the game way to early. the game revolves around guilds and guild conflict. guilds are just now starting to really take off. Hell, 1 weeks ago the number of mainisland guilded people was insanely high. Now i can go through khar and see mostly player nation guild crests. the map is quickly becoming populated with new cities. guild's are earning lost of money. people are learning more and more about siege etc...

the game will only get better IMO. Its way to early to judge what this game has to offer.

Kaden said:
agreed it is the point of sb, and it(imo) detracts from certain aspects of the game.

obviously you never played UO?

I have a R5 scout, and an R4 thief. neither keep me interested anymore. Im quite certain I have explored everything that each class has to offer, perhaps im just not as easily amused?

The game is not nearly as enjoyable for me as Tribes, Tribes2(classic) or TR2 AND I am paying for it... The decision for me is a no-brainer.

for me the game is still missing something. No offense to anyone here, if you enjoy the game play it!

I guess it will be one happy newb that summons me then.

Have fun :)

yeah, i played a little UO

however, you say "agreed it is the point of sb, and it(imo) detracts from certain aspects of the game."

it doesnt really detract from aspects of the game, b/c they arent really aspects of the game... more logically it ADDS to the real aspects of the game, i.e. GvG.

Considering it costs a monthly fee, it just leaves a bit to be desired for me, thats all. Im not putting the game or anyone playing it down.

The original intention was to alert some of you folks that I will be giving my possesions away in the near future. But I think I should really just hook up a newb much as someone did for me wayyyyyyy back in UO.

Best of luck to the TW guild. Givem hell ;)

Out.

Plz give them (your items)to me or Rebel or someone from here,

other than some random asshole plz.

Just because they summon you doesnt mean they arent assholes.

PS if you dont like your nations policies, there are always other nations around with differnt policies. (LoD)

Even under ST, i get to PK fairly often.. Not nearly as much as I need and want to tho.

The game lasted almost the free 30 days for me. It's fun but too 1 dimensional. Meaning I would play it if it were free but pay to play, nah.

I played UO for a couple of weeks...and completely hated it...

I played EQ...liked it for about 2 months...then got boring...

Played AC...also lasted about a month for me...

So far I am loving SB...I just find the whole defending your city and stuff exciting as hell. Last night someone announced over mIRC that our city was being attacked...within a minute I logged off one character...logged on my main character. I get there and hear the Guilds leaders informing us all on what is happening. Prepare for battle...we moved out and immediately got into a fight and OWNED the attackers...was exciting as hell. It is THESE little conflicts that make the game worth the $ per month for me.

Sure...maybe others don't care for this stuff...but I simply had a ball.

Blah, I gave it another go tonight.

I too enjoyed the sieges the first few times, but the game is simply too 1 dimensional for my taste i guess

The depth of UO still astounds me (in its prime of course). It baffles me that a game creator cannot (or will not) recapture it. It took everything that SB offers in an mmorpg, but had even more too it... God DAMN its so close...

But in the end, not yet worth my monthly tuition

If you played UO during the dreaddays and sometime thereafter, you know what im talking about.

I left UO when i found tribes back in '98... its utterly astounding that the mmorpg gaming creators have yet to fully recapture the magic that was UO (in its prime)

:\ Then again Tribes has yet to be recaptured either... :hrm:

Back