Thieves guild

Heheheh!

Just an opinion, I would keep this as an outwardly errant guild, don't declare under SoD at all, but actually be one of their arms. This way we can cause grief but not get the other TWers mad at us... not that we steal from them or anything, or ST either. And it will keep our newfound enemies *coughvictimscough* off their backs too.

reb, im down under 2 conditions

1. the guild crest must not be butt ugly

2. you are serious about *mainly* (i know not entirely) picking on jerkoffs like LoD, Lok-Ri, ambers, etc...

now let me clarify, i dont have like... hate for these guys just becuase they pick on r2s with r4s and r5s... its becuase when they pick on low levels its not just making enemies that form up into guild like ST... it discourages a lot of people, especially newer people, who may choose not to renew their susbscription... that means people start leaving, and then before you know it the server is boring...

and, im not even TOTALLY against it... i know pk'ing is a part of the game, and low levelers have to watch out on the mainland, but some people go a little too far, and suck the fun out of it for everyone else...

ok, enough talk about that.

Last edited:
the main targets IMO would be lok'ri and their desert roll playing homos. lok'ri is especiialy tasty because of the commander rune.

now the latest patch allows you to swear a subguild to a safehold city. my plan is to swear the guild to khar. why you ask? because khar is real close to a rune gate.

again, i dont want anyone's main character in the guild. unless you dont mind being hated by all ;). make an alt and get it to lvl 40ish then join the thieves guild out of khar.

yeah im contemplating moving my thief over just so i can power level.

ok let me run down what we need again.

thieves - duh
assasins - not to many and at least 1 mage assasin
scouts - at least one per 10 man squad

now i got to thinking. if we start jacking guild farming/xp groups. how the fuck are we going to carry back all the loot? wussy thieves/assasins/scouts cant carry shite. so we need at least one rouge/barb with high strength. also we need at least one rogue/bard. bard is the closest thing to a stealthing healer as we are going to get (aside from scouts and runecaster). Not to mention we could use all the buffs they get. also remember bards have been pretty significantly tweaked in this latest patch. they now have sword mastery. so a STR heavy bard wouldnt be out of the question.

so get to lvln people :D

Werd, this is shaping up pretty well. I am still torn between a Shade and an Irekei, but if this guild will be pledging to Khar, well fuck, Irekei it is. The one thing that made me gravitate toward Shade is the strat guide shows their point cost is lower.... think I should go Shade?

And the need for a bard is fine, since it looks like they can be sword whores now, maybe I will go Rogue Bard instead of Assassin.

Expect to see either a red or white guy named Vespasiian creeping around the newbie island soon.

ok so i rolled up the rouge barb on sb.catacombs.com (take it with a grain of slat of course).

here are the starts.

Creation:
Hero's Strenght
Blacksmith's apprentice
Woodsman
Raised by barbs

72 STR 50 DEX 45 CON 30 INT 15 SPI

LVL 59:

135 STR 50 DEX 105 CON 30 INT 15 SPI (67 points left for more STR and or CON runes)

Axe 120% (78)
Axe Mastery 70% (38)
Light armor 100% (68)
Dodge 100% (77)
Athletics 33% (10)
Toughness 42% (10)

Hide 18
Sneak 40
Battle Rage 40
Shout 40

Disciplines
Commander:
Forced march 20 (youre a bird with throwing axes if you cant be stunned they cant get you :))
Battle Tactics 20 (damage/haste gooooood)

Gladiator:
Resist Pain 20 (youre going to have to melee at at some point)

RuneCaster:
Nyth rune 20 (for heals after battle and maybe an emergency heal here n there.)

This leaves roughly 37 points left over. sb.catacombs.com isnt very accurate and if you increase your STR with runes it should increase all your stats since STR is a barbs primary stat. so you may end up with even more stat points to play with.

Imagine stealthing into the middle of an XP group while they are whacking on a mob and popping your AoE stun. Then all the backstabbers waste the casters in the back line while you whack on on the melees from above with your forced march chant running. or you could pop the AoE stun and go into sneak. after the casters are whacked we regroup to attack the tanks and take their loot.

*edit* i also dont know shit about throwing weapons. would you stat the throwing skill instead of axe mastery? i dont know.

Last edited:
i would lost the gladiator, the resist is not worth it.

instead of gladiator you could use huntsman or summoner for some pet action

or more likely werebear or storm lord

sure werebear form couldnt be used to stealth, but if your gonna fight, it would be better than gladiator...

and stormlord gives and AoE stun, as well as an AoE lightning damage...

i think any of those would be better than gladiator...

id also not train up throwing skills, i tried one and it was pretty gimp... but no ones using it, so no ones complaining about, so it probably wont be fixed...

Last edited:
MaD_ReBeL said:
yeah storm lord would be cool.

huntsman would be worthless to a stealther though. if you sneak your pet dies...

not worthless.. yes you lose your pet when you stealth, but as soon as the fight has begun you can go ahead and cast it... and since this character is mainly playing the role of healer/buffer, it will be at a low cost...

i have ratcatcher on my r4 bow scout, and its great...

plus stormlord would be very useful for breaking up a group, b/c if they started taking that damage while fighting a mob or resting, they may be forced to scatter and rest... or at least waste away the healers mana... making them ripe for the killing...

also, ive noticed a lot of guild pk groups along khar that are high dont bother with scouts... often three to five people form HiV, Ambers, LV etc... think of having a 10 person group tracking them as they are pking/looting exp groups... then have 2+ people get behind each one when they rest for double backstabs... hell even smaller groups could do multiple backstabs on any one of the lone pks/theifs that hunt exp groups around khar...

actually was in small exp group doing this the other day... 2 theifs, and assassin, and my dagger scout... all stealth, come up behind a large ogre, and then BS at the same time... total defeat...

no no a barb is a barb i would think. 135 STR would equal quite a bit of damage i would think. you wont be able to out tank a normal HG/Mino barb 1 on 1 but with the element of surprise as well as the initial chaos of holy fuck wtf just happened, i would think youll be able to dish out quite a bit of damage.

also someone needs to roll a pure caster mage/assasin/blood prophet. i just found out that the silence spell make sit so you cant use your chat at all. man, if a mage/assasin hit a group with AoE silence then the barb goes in and AoE lightning/stuns them. :lol: we could make the hit, check all the corpses, and recall home before they could alert anyone. that would be so fucking uber.

One thing I want to talk about...

Let's make this a REAL thieve's guild. I can see a couple of you guys are already ranked up and know how to operate, but this will be my first stealther, and my main toon [the other barb] ain't even off noob island yet. So if we have a safe haven to hang in where we can do stuff, teach us lesser guys how it's all done, ite? There's so little in terms of "how-to's" and trainers in SB, so if you understand how to do the coo theef shizza, teach us, so we can function better for the guild.

It was my turn last night, I'm at lvl 14 now and I led a group of ten-and-under's through the grobold areas, and tried to keep them as organized as possible. Keep the healer back and make sure they use their buffs on everyone, don't go charging into the villages to avoid swarming, do pulls so WE can swarm, loot dead members to save their stuff for when they return [and actually give it back to them]... all in all, a satisfying experience. I actually gave the healer their first ever spi rune, the guy was extatic that I just gave it away.

So even though the aim of this guild is mayhem and backstabbing, keep it as honor amongst the members, since we are going total renegade vs all we are gonna need it.

Honor amongst thieves!

Last edited:
:lol: well i dont want to have to teach anyone the mechanics of the game. no noobs! teaching the nuances of each class is a little different but you cant join unless you know how to kill ;). also teamspeak is absolutely critical. since everyone will be stealthed and everyone will have different run speeds live voice chat is a must.

typing hey 4 people backstab caster X 2 people BS healer Y takes way to long.

Back