inspiration, motivation - what do you do

travelyan

Contributor
Veteran XX
to get your juices flowing

pot? alcohol? a four pack of red bull? pushups?

i don't know how to do it sober. i'd like to, i just draw a blank 99% of the time.

I am most creative first thing in the morning when I'm still a little groggy.

My motivation is that I'm completely broke as shit. With no college degree and a resume with more holes in it than swiss cheese, music is pretty much my ticket to putting food on the table.

But I'm sort of an extremist. Don't try this at home. :hungry:

I always write music in the morning as well. I think the only reason I have any success at all is because im persistent and don't get frustrated. I know there have been sunday afternoons where I spent maybe 2 hours struggling to write lyrics before an idea I liked decided to show up.

While I feel that alcohol improves my musical performance I don't think it does anything for my creativity. Probably would make it more fun though.

I havnt played in about 5 years or so. Distorted/rock guitar really about makes me vomit because is so out of style. There are only about 2 players that I listen to occasionally.

I play every few months now if I get the urge. I find that I'm actually netter than what I was when I played regularly, just in a different way.

Back