scratches on my monitor is pissing me off now by finalheaven - Page 5 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page scratches on my monitor is pissing me off now
Page 5 of 12
Dennis
VeteranXX
Old
81 - 10-20-2003, 20:10
Oh **** this thread is great. It reminds of this thread, aptly titled "Poll: Wash keyboard or buy a new one?". http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/show...light=keyboard

The only difference is, in that thread most people wouldn't believe the advice really works.

Sponsored Links
DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
82 - 10-20-2003, 20:11
I thought it was a joke at the start, as I got into a few more posts I found out it was better than a joke.

At least it wasn't somebody elses monitor that you did this to.

Mecca
VeteranX
Old
83 - 10-20-2003, 20:42
Hmm, part of me wishes this was just some elaborate joke.

slogg
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
84 - 10-20-2003, 21:00
sandpaper worked for me

Whoop
VeteranXX
Old
85 - 10-20-2003, 21:08
I think everyone in this thead is an idiot.

You CAN buff glass like was said before, but i don't think you can just do this without any knowledge.

The poster is an idiot for trying 300, the member is not the 'owner of a vet3' he tried to offer real help.

This thread really just isn't that good.

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
86 - 10-20-2003, 21:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoop
The poster is an idiot for trying 300, the member is not the 'owner of a vet3' he tried to offer real help.
No, he did not offer real help. I know Trop IRL and he was joking the whole time.

Dennis
VeteranXX
Old
87 - 10-20-2003, 21:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcursion
No, he did not offer real help. I know Trop IRL and he was joking the whole time.
oH ****, owned by meber part duex.!

StreakinMe
VeteranX
Old
88 - 10-20-2003, 21:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReCurve
finalheaven don't sweat it man we all make mistakes.
You don't need some speakers do you? I was invoiced 2, but the warehouse gave me four. I don't need them, but I don't want to give them to my boss, I'd rather a guy like you thats having a bad day get them. They retail for 2 grand I'll give you the set for 300 bucks. PM me if your interested.
Do you drive a white truck? Do you have an australian accent? I swear a few months ago someone gave me that exact same line, word for ****ing word in the parking lot of my appt. building.

ScottTheWise13
VeteranXV
Old
89 - 10-20-2003, 21:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno

trop
VeteranXV
Old
90 - 10-20-2003, 23:44
I've been told common sense isn't too common. I didn't quite believe it though, I thought that everyone had atleast a shred of it. Red flags should have been raised somewhere between the sandpaper and your monitor. It should have clicked that this wasn't such a great idea.

I'm sorry it had to come to this for you. If I would have known you were going to sand down your monitor, I wouldn't have posted it. I guess this taught me to put warnings on even the most obvious of things.

GreyGhost
VeteranXX
Old
91 - 10-20-2003, 23:50
Congrats on NOT trying my non-damaging suggestion, sux to be you.

SuperMegaCheese
VeteranX
Old
92 - 10-21-2003, 01:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReCurve
finalheaven don't sweat it man we all make mistakes.
You don't need some speakers do you? I was invoiced 2, but the warehouse gave me four. I don't need them, but I don't want to give them to my boss, I'd rather a guy like you thats having a bad day get them. They retail for 2 grand I'll give you the set for 300 bucks. PM me if your interested.
omfg my friend just did this in a mall.. got speakers worth 2 grand for 600 cdn
heh.

slogg
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
93 - 10-21-2003, 01:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakinMe
Do you drive a white truck? Do you have an australian accent? I swear a few months ago someone gave me that exact same line, word for ****ing word in the parking lot of my appt. building.
i was at work going to my car and a white van pulled up and asked me if i wanted to buy some speakers, except it was a chick instead of an australian guy

finalheaven
VeteranXX
Old
94 - 10-21-2003, 05:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trop
I've been told common sense isn't too common. I didn't quite believe it though, I thought that everyone had atleast a shred of it. Red flags should have been raised somewhere between the sandpaper and your monitor. It should have clicked that this wasn't such a great idea.

I'm sorry it had to come to this for you. If I would have known you were going to sand down your monitor, I wouldn't have posted it. I guess this taught me to put warnings on even the most obvious of things.
Contrary to what you posted though, a lot of people have told me that sand paper actually works. Using a much higher grit number however. As for calling me an idiot, thanks. Common sense also extends into many areas in which about sand paper i guess i didn't have much of it. And also the damage is barely recognizable, but i am picky.

Elantri_X
VeteranXX
Old
95 - 10-21-2003, 07:51
Dude, next time use google first, then you know what questions to listen for and the ones you shouldnt.

I wouldnt try ANY sorts of sand paper on my monitor, if it was my monitor. i'd probably get expert advice first though google, THEN tw... The only thing you cant fix is the purple coating.

Hindsight
VeteranX
Old
96 - 10-21-2003, 08:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Rogue]MiScHiEf
Words from my mouth.

Maybe some steel wool would smooth it down?

Vampire
VeteranXV
Old
97 - 10-21-2003, 08:46
this thread still cracks me up

vet3 expects 100% serious advice from TW. Simply classic.

Geck0
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
98 - 10-21-2003, 08:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakinMe
That was me, Mate.

Surge
VeteranX
Old
99 - 10-21-2003, 09:06
hehe

Austforbeer
VeteranXX
Old
100 - 10-21-2003, 09:17
omg I gotta do this to someone I hate

Page 5 of 12