First Private Passenger on Lunar BFR Mission

Didn't say you were a pilot. The suffix -naut doesn't mean pilot as far as I am aware, pretty sure it means to explore or investigate.

I could be wrong, I would need to find some way of verifying that but I'm not an infonaut so cbf

ffs - you made me do it

-naut is a generic suffix meaning traveller or voyager. It comes from nautes, the Ancient Greek word for sailor, and can also be used to describe anyone exploring, or having a very keen interest in something.

gj w/ the self-ownage

it says rite they're that it's "FOR SAILOR"

go ahead and play that "can also be used as" shit and i'll show u wat u scumbag normies literally did 2 "literally"

says it 'comes from' - read the actual meaning in the first sentence of that post.

ig1n89B.jpg

I'm going to pilot the BFR into uranus

Last edited:
so htf they only sending one dood surely the USS tesla can carry more. musk be the fool to pass on the moneys... unless hes just out to kill a jap or something

8 artists are riding along with the dude
and i bet he has a crew of trained bros that can click the doo dads and such
you know
like in an airplane

So... what is the difference between an astronaut and a tourist...

If you're just a passenger, are you expected to know everything an astronaut would normally have to know? Like how to fly a spacecraft? Or are you just human cargo?

There's not a whole lot (if anything) they would have to know. They'd have to know emergency procedures, the basics, etc. But this craft will essentially fly itself. You're going to have the liftoff, which is all computer. Few orbits around the earth, maybe a refuel, also automated. Then you have the transfer burn, automated. And then gravity takes care of the rest all the way down to the landing, which is also.. automated. Ideally they wouldn't even have to throw a single switch. Maybe the toilet.

Back