Borderlands

From gamefaqs:

"its because people trust IGN's reviews and not everyone has a mommy and daddy who will buy them every little video game they want to try"

"IGN is hands down the most credible source available for gamers to rely on. They rarely make mistakes, and always put reviewers on task with genre's that they appreciate."

"Its a review from a trusted source, so it obviously won't make the game better, but people want to hear the pros and cons. Lately Gamespot has been a bit slow on getting reviews out and IGN is normally ahead of the game. So there you go troll."

wtf, people actually TRUST IGN? :picard:

Where has ign really been off?

The xbox guys seem to do a really good job.

The Sony guys talk about how much they love sony a bit too much for my taste though, overrate a lot of stuff but from that POV i guess its fine.

Borderlands (xbox360) reviews at Metacritic.com

GamePro

The fun I had with the rock-solid gunplay and extensive role-playing elements was considerably amplified by each additional player. Borderlands is an absolute blast that I'll go back to again and again, even if my friends aren't around to help out.
Read Full Review >

IGN

It's something action role-playing game fans looking for an experience more up-close and brutal than genre entries of the third-person variety should have a blast with, and one of the more memorable products of 2009.
Read Full Review >

Official Xbox Magazine

Borderlands is great but not for everyone. It's narrowly aimed at a certain type of player, and if you love fierce combat and the kind of group level grind that Blizzard's PC games specialize in, you'll feel right at home. [Dec 2009, p.66]

1UP

Call it a first-person Diablo, an evolution of Resistance 2's co-op mode, Monster Hunter for the west, or a party game for FPS gamers. Call it the best example of the transformative power of multiplayer. Whatever you designate it, Borderlands is a decent single-player FPS/RPG that simply becomes great -- when playing with others. Besides, sheer midget panic is something that has to be shared with friends.
Read Full Review >

Giant Bomb

It's also one of those games that's so strong in parts that its shortcomings become almost glaring by comparison. As such, the game's barebones story, lackluster AI, and insufficient player trading options are real disappointments that prevent the game from reaching its full potential. But when you're frantically trying to stay alive while getting swarmed by an angry horde of gigantic spiderants, chances are you won't care much about that other stuff.
Read Full Review >

I trust Giant Bomb's, and especially Jeff Gerstmann's reviews. Reading it, it seemed like the biggest gripes were the simple AI (which was often offset by hordes of enemies coming at you), the FFA loot system and the lack of a real trade system, which if you're playing with people you know, isn't really that big of a deal.

Still just as excited, if not more now. :)

edit: In the IGN video review, the guy actually says that the AI is "engaging" at times. :shrug:

Last edited:
I really hope the PC controls don't suck like every other console game port out there.

Ghostbusters = CRAZY mouce accel, positive AND negative... wtf

Resident Evil = crazy turning and aiming, mouse is very hard to adjust to a good sensitivity.

IGN lololol

They would have gave Damnation an 8.8 if you would have paid them enough :p

that made me :lol:

what magazine was it that got called out for giving favorable reviews to games that advertised with them?

the game was kane and lynch I remember that. The reviewer in question quit. was probably 3 years ago

I really hope the PC controls don't suck like every other console game port out there.

Ghostbusters = CRAZY mouce accel, positive AND negative... wtf

Resident Evil = crazy turning and aiming, mouse is very hard to adjust to a good sensitivity.

Devs have been quoted as saying the PC controls are made for the PC. No console menus and that sort of bullshit.

what magazine was it that got called out for giving favorable reviews to games that advertised with them?

the game was kane and lynch I remember that. The reviewer in question quit. was probably 3 years ago

That was Jeff Gerstmann. He didn't quit. He was fired. He formed Giant Bomb with some of the other Gamespot staff that quit after all of that went down.

when are you supposed to get good weapons? i've been playing through with another person in co-op since level 1 and now at 16 the game is hard as fuck with no good weapons. we're seriously using like green shit because no quest items, bosses, or chests have dropped anything good

23 and still no good purple weapons :(

Also reminded me of GS getting hammered by angry user reviews...

Back