Contributor
Old
222 - 07-20-2015, 16:07
Heat index here today is 105F

MadHatSam
VeteranX
Old
223 - 07-20-2015, 16:07
San Diego and LA had huge record rainfalls this weekend, ****ing so muggy and gross now. Feels like the dirty south, **** this ****.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
224 - 07-20-2015, 16:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
El Nino is coming hardcore! He's gonna jizz all over California so those areas experiencing drought are going to be crying about flooding and getting too much water. This will be blamed on 'climate change' and it will be an 'extreme event' that proves 'climate change'.

But seriously, big time El Nino looks likely, maybe even one of, if not, the strongest on record. Expect a wet west coast, a very active subtropical jet with a wet southern states and overall a milder winter with less extreme cold.
Bump for top of page....

And just look at this...... Average maxes out over 2 before it starts to wane. If you remember the 'super' nino of 1997-1998, expect more of the same.

But strong El-Ninos are typically followed by strong La Nina's the year after.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
225 - 07-20-2015, 16:11
I don't know what that graph means or what la nina does

ICMeltdown
VeteranX
Old
226 - 07-20-2015, 16:17
well, el nino has an identity crisis and goes all bruce jenner...

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
227 - 07-20-2015, 16:29
Hot as **** Saturday, not terrible Sunday, overcast and humid today.

Not complaining though, heat is better than cold.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
228 - 07-20-2015, 16:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
I don't know what that graph means or what la nina does
The graph is showing temps above normal based on all the computer models, however the extent above normal is still uncertain but the average is around 2 degrees C above normal in the "El Nino" region (3.4)

Well this is 'typically' how an El-Nino looks in the winter...

You got your Aleutian low that hangs out west of the Gulf of Alaska (if it moves into the Gulf of Alaska, pretty much all of the US torches) This produces ridging so the northern states are warmer than normal and the polar jet is displaced farther north. The subtropical jet becomes active across the southern US and that area is wet and cooler than normal with the increase in storm systems tracking across the area.

And La Nina is pretty much the exact opposite. Blocking high pressure forms where the Aleutian low would be during an El-Nino and you get colder than normal temps in the north and warmer and drier than normal in the south and southeast.

La Nina typically brings much colder temps down from time to time as the jet stream changes positions more often.

Last edited by JoMo; 07-20-2015 at 16:31..
bam
VeteranXV
Old
229 - 07-20-2015, 18:54
I miss the rains down in Africa

Thingfish
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
230 - 07-20-2015, 20:00
Florida summer - highs in the mid 90s - lows in the upper 70s - afternoon thunderstorms - 90% humidity

Rinse, repeat

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
231 - 09-01-2015, 09:32
80 degrees at 2am, with 95% humidity. It's still 80, with 85% humidity, and the sun is just peeking through the fog. Should be 95 today, heat index 1 billion.

AnubiS
VeteranXV
Old
232 - 09-01-2015, 15:27
it's the end of the world.

raining like fuk here in europe. cold temperatures too.

Thingfish
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
233 - 09-01-2015, 15:35
It's to wash away the shame you have on you for mistreating refugees and the cold is due to your cold, cold heart.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
234 - 09-01-2015, 15:48
I want rain, there are weird systems over Austin that are acting like a ****ing wall for the last two weeks obliterating storms right on my door step

SirBatesAlot
VeteranX
Old
235 - 09-02-2015, 02:52
I really don't understand why people still put up with the cold. I grew up in upstate NY and pretty much 6 months of the year I was miserable because of the cold. Jan, Feb, March, Oct, Nov, Dec. I ****ing hated when it started to get cold in September. Winter was just Goddang dreadful.

Anyway I grew up there and went to college in the still cold weather state of Delaware. Somewhere along the line between the latter stages of my time in NY and my time in Delaware, I decided that I had enough of the cold.

Now I've been living in southern California for the past 2 years and I can't imagine moving back to any state where it gets below freezing on a regular basis. I have a very high heat tolerance but a really bad low tolerance to cold temps.

All those who complain about winter, do what I did and say: mother****, I don't have to put up with this ****. I can grill outside in January if I want to God mother****ing dangit.

SirBatesAlot
VeteranX
Old
236 - 09-02-2015, 02:55
And don't get me started about the multitude of disease carrying mosquitos, mother****

beltaine1
Veteran²
Old
237 - 09-02-2015, 02:58
Gonna be highs in the 80's and lows in the 60's this week and I freaking hate it. Winter needs to hurry up and get here!

Snow party!

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
238 - 09-02-2015, 02:58
SBA - What a whiny *****

SirBatesAlot
VeteranX
Old
239 - 09-02-2015, 03:10
So ****ing whiny.

Hey my life isn't as cool as if I could live in a place where I would enjoy the weather the vast majority of the year. Rains like 10 days a year, avg temp is 75. ****, how ****ing crazy of me to want to live here. I must be a real whiny *****.

Have fun freezing your goddang balls off in the next couple months. You can call me what the **** ever you want as I'm sitting on the beach on new year's day.

beltaine1
Veteran²
Old
240 - 09-02-2015, 03:13
The snow was ass deep last winter but I still was outside grilling a nice steak whenever I felt like it. Get ****ed you *****.

Page 12 of 59

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page **** it cold

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
fuk sno