Cracking your neck

HumDumpin

Re
Veteran XV
I'm always cracking my neck to relieve some muscle tension, probably for over 10 or 15 years now. Every once in a while I'll get some severe upper shoulder back pain that takes a while to correct itself, usually getting much better after popping/cracking/traction of some sort on the spine. I'm sure there are probably other people on here who have the same issues in one way or another, and are frequently cracking their back/neck. So I'd have to ask, has anyone ever seen "stars" (a number of black dots that move leaving distorted trails in your vision) after cracking their neck?

yeah, nothing really happens to me either. sometimes I'll pinch a nerve after though, especially if I'm working out or running.

I cracked my neck as I opened this thread. I'm so good, I don't even have to use my hands.

602856_402369843184058_1782789262_n.jpg

Yep.

These spots in your vision, are they like the ones one gets after a particularly violent sneeze due to blood flow in the retina, or are they simply floaters?

More similar to floaters, but with floaters I've always just had a distorted view like you get through an old distorted piece of glass that has a ridge in it. These are more like completely black holes that move around quickly leaving tear-dropped shaped distorted halos around them. Only lasts for a few seconds then it all goes away completely.

I was in a car accident when i was a teenager and I went to a chiro and stuff and they'd crack my neck.. and then i'd crack it sometimes when i was stretching it out

after a few years it wouldn't crack any more for some reason

if I the issues you were having I'd probably stop doing it...

Back