game is dead

idk cause i dont work for hirez so i cant say what todd does inside the office

but to the public, it seems he's just a PR guy and his job is to say anything/everything to get you to buy their products

i still seriously doubt hirez even has the 1.40 source, todd just blurts out shit like that 'uh, source code? nah, lawyers etc! buy smite!'

'you like esports? wow we LOVE esports! you like 5v5? that's exactly what we're making! you like icecream? free icecream if you buy our next game* '

*by free icecream we mean you can pay us extra and we'll draw a picture of icecream and not send it to you and then ban you when 10 people report you for saying mean things ingame to them

ru here 2 illuminate that executives happen to be good sales ppl or ru here to disprove wat i said? it is wrong?

i not even talking about tribes series only t1 and u can take that out of the argument if u want and just focus on quake @ which point i post video of rapha saying the same thing and then u argue with him groove

ya hirez is a scum company but honestly most of them r anyway lets b real. i think these guys r srs for intangibles like fishstix being involved and the history of games failing also that todd played t1 and loved it and im p sure erez did too (they were not t2 only ppl to my knowlede) i dont think they'd ever recreate t1 LT though they are too dumb for that. it'd be t1 LT style like legions attempted, a bastardized version, on the latest unreal or something. watever mite be fun u kno? more fun than t:a or shrike war that for sure

i trust the midair dudes more than the hirez dudes to make a "good" tribes game.
at least the midair guys are "tribes" players. hirez just happened to make a game with jetpacks, ctf, and disc launcers and called it ctf. everything else they threw into the game was ideas passed around their brainstorm meetings by people who have never played tribes.

i trust the midair dudes more than the hirez dudes to make a "good" tribes game.
at least the midair guys are "tribes" players. hirez just happened to make a game with jetpacks, ctf, and disc launcers and called it ctf. everything else they threw into the game was ideas passed around their brainstorm meetings by people who have never played tribes.

hirez had a bunch of tribes players and produced a fantastic tribes game for pubbing the hires employe tribes guys were just mod players and fans. t:a sucked and was boring in competition.

i imagine most of the midair guys r the same type of tribes fans as the t:a employee tribes fans. my research on them validate this imo

it is a crap shoot either way imo and i wouldn't side with either as favorable more or less at this point till videos etc are shown or ive played the game myself

i do not trust opsayo or fire yet more than i would ppl like natural and his good tribes game criteria

that said their opinions are a lot better than proj's or a hirez employee obviously

midair dev reply to my passive aggressive reddit troll post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tribes/com...tudios_just_announced_that_a_prealpha/ctz9wp0

ya these guys seem a million times better than hirez. then again hirez put the disc launcher behind a pay wall so maybe this isnt that impressive :x

i feel like they skipped over the most important discussions in that thread though anyway the gameplay videos/beta will tell all as usual

ekkinn.jpg

most likely ya but no carving or clunking or jagged terrain or ski improvisation which is equally important in making the game not feel like its on rails imo

if "taking a look at LT" was the recipe for bringing things back - well how many cycles of that before it dawns on you that ain't it.

ditto pickups crowding out the pubs. how many cycles of that yadda yadda yadda.

i was disappointed to see young Altimor fall into the box of 1.40 = tribes, 1.40 dead, therefore tribes is dead. fall into that box and close the lid. too bad that you took the blue pill.

It has nothing to do with 1.40 specifically, it's that that's the only complete copy of the source available.

i seriously doubt they even have it

and 'e-sports' was a huge thing for hirez in t:a - they just couldn't pull it off cause derp

hey guys if anyone wants to do anything but pub message hirez bart and he'll whitelist you and you can play as Player24 in a PU with people we decide

They don't have it but Andrew does.

While Hi-Rez Studios acquired what they could from the original Tribes titles, this benefit actually proved very limited. As part of the purchase, they received a development kit for Tribes Vengeance, the source code for the original Tribes, but no source code for Tribes 2. “We have some of the technology from the previous Tribes games. A lot of it, unfortunately, has been lost. It hasn’t been properly archived, which is a big problem,” Larkins said.

In addition, the most useful code from the original Tribes was actually an undocumented feature. “Skiing was an unintentional bug and people took advantage of it,” Larkins laughted. “The only real (Starsiege: Tribes programming) that I’m looking at is a buggy piece of code.”

claiming to not have tribes 2 source code is a bit of a stunner because i know it is out there.

i wonder if anyone has partial code for starsiege (not tribes just starsiege) floating about?

Back