game is dead

on the flip side this also means they are most likely taking a closer look at t1 LT :) as a concept for a tribes e-sports game which seems to be the direction erez and todd want hirez heading in now :p

i seriously doubt they even have it

and 'e-sports' was a huge thing for hirez in t:a - they just couldn't pull it off cause derp

hey guys if anyone wants to do anything but pub message hirez bart and he'll whitelist you and you can play as Player24 in a PU with people we decide

Last edited:
idk but probably because

a) its symantec
b) they're unknown .dlls
c) they're .dlls made by butts, inc
d) its symantec
e) rasadhlp.dll is a real windows .dll we're hijacking so its not surprising that some overly zealous/paranoid scanners flag it
6) its symantec

nobody is gonna play lt

even mindflayr corrected his flawed opinion about more people playing t2 than t1 and that guy is a super fan boi. y cant u?

t1 5v5 lt always gonna have had the most comp and highest skill level till its remade in a new game and picked up by the same crowd

t2c 7v7 is rigid and boring compared to t1 LT but not badat the end of the day either

todd told me directly if they ever make another tribes game its gonna be 5v5 and thy definitely are looking at t1 LT because fishstix loves it and is good friend with scum todd and told him lal about it, my emails, tourney, etc

if "taking a look at LT" was the recipe for bringing things back - well how many cycles of that before it dawns on you that ain't it.

ditto pickups crowding out the pubs. how many cycles of that yadda yadda yadda.

i was disappointed to see young Altimor fall into the box of 1.40 = tribes, 1.40 dead, therefore tribes is dead. fall into that box and close the lid. too bad that you took the blue pill.

LT isn't about bringing things back that only happens as bonus sometimes. its about keeping what we have going.

FPS e-sports as a concept has gone through a really rough patch since the advent of moba e-sports being more popular

everyone is hurting but especially the precision mechanics sectors like Quake or t1 style games where as COD style dumbed down murder sims keep going somehow

anyway the market trend observations by the smart industry ppl studying this point to games that take a smaller number of ppl to participate in being more popular as spectator esports generally 5v5 being max

i agree with those xperts for the most part

i think 10s+ could make a comeback and be more popular than LT, but it does not seem likely

maybe a game won't be exactly like t1 but even t:a took a lot of elements of t1 LT with its LT game type so no matter what if there is a small numbers LT style tribes comp game t1 LT players are obviously going to have a huge advantage. trends point to that happening in the next tribes game or even midair. disagree with me thats fine this was as scientific an opinion/information as i could get to come to this conclusion if someone would like to prove me wrong i'd be very interested.

Last edited:
todd says a lot of stuff

like "we're not a 'move-on' type of developer - we're all about games as a service"

"we dont think about games as 'fire, forget, put it on the shelf be done with it' - we see games as something where the developer is constantly adding to the game based on community needs"

or 'our first priority is to make the core game fun, and keep supporting it with fixes - dont abandon it in a buggy state where modders have to pick up the pieces'

todd says a lot of stuff

like "we're not a 'move-on' type of developer - we're all about games as a service"

"we dont think about games as 'fire, forget, put it on the shelf be done with it' - we see games as something where the developer is constantly adding to the game based on community needs"

or 'our first priority is to make the core game fun, and keep supporting it with fixes - dont abandon it in a buggy state where modders have to pick up the pieces'

right i don't trust hirez who the fuck would

this is a compounded trend in precision gaming FPS (like quake) which is the same sector i'd put t1 in because the mechanics are too similar to ignore.

i view todd's statement as just further evidence it;s happening

next

Back