[Kurayami] What do you think of the soviet Ekranoplans?

yeah

what of it

user_online.gif
report.gif

Do they have either?

I'm not sure they have a suitable platform for the Sunburn.

I'm also positive that they don't have a suitable platform for a Shkval unless they can be launched from something like a torpedo boat (and I'm not sure that they can be due to their nature and the fact that I've never heard of one being fired by anything but a sub.)

They can launch them from hidden missile batteries within range of our fleet in the gulf.

We'll be able to get most of them before they launch, but who knows how many they have hidden well enough.

thank you bush sr and clinton for doing that!

don't forget cheney, who was secretary of defense under bush sr.

and don't forget about the soviet union collapsing which kinda reduced the need for a massive army.

and don't forget about the military-industrial complex which has helped lead our military down the path of emphasis on really expensive fancy toys instead of an adequately staffed and sized military force.

Our Navy is a billion dollar paper weight when it comes to fighting countries that don't suck...well actually, more like countries that don't import shit from the right players because they're retarded.

Whoever is running the navy is doing a pretty good job at sinking (lol pun) 12 billion dollars into a carrier that can be destroyed pretty well by a couple missles that cost a few million each and can't be countered. Hell, even our fucking destroyers (which I thought were supposed to be cheap and expendable) are over a billion each.

Our airforce is near their level of retardedness, but as long as a few airplanes get blown up every now and then, they actually keep somewhat in shape, unlike the navy.

At least the army will always be able to fight, and hell our AFV's are actually still cost effective and best in the world, so at least they're doing it right. Same with the Helicopter element.

(imo)

HEY GUYS BOATS COST MONEY. PLANES DO TOO BUT THAT DOESNT COUNT.

you are an idiot if you believe our navy to be a 'paperweight'

It makes me pose the question: What do we have that is good?

MVC-018F.jpg

The Advanced Combat Optic Gunsight, or ACOG

IMO the best optic ever devised. It works as a 4x scope or a close combat optic using the bindon aiming concept where you keep both eyes open. when you are stationary, you see 4x through the optic and when you sweep your brain superimposes the chevron in your non aiming eye allowing you to make quick short range shots effectively. It's such a simple little thing but it's amazing how well it works.

Back