[lasthope] 1.30 bypass

Runar said:
If it's just for looks and not "important", how come it's handled as a cheat in FoX/LastHope?

And if it's only "mostly just placebo" how can it make the game retarded?

I can tune it perfectly to fit my connection. In fact, I can't chain at all without interpolate turned off. So.. if it's not that important, mostly for good looks and mostly placebo: please remove the check from FoX. I don't care about the warping or the "good looks".

Thank you.
Damnit I want to be done with this thread. :<

It's not handled as a cheat(no kicks/bans). It's disabled to get rid of the "let's not use any other weapon than cg" hype.

Placebo in the sense that the effect is almost the same as if it actually had the real technical impact people think it does - People chain more because of it, naturally get more chainkills, and then think it's all thanks to this miracle setting. The setting itself is no problem, it's what it does to the game. That's why it can make the game retarded. It's like the effect of empty rumors about bypasses - It cripples people's faith in the protection and thus undermines the whole idea with it.

Like I've said before, IMO it can be enabled if we nerf the cg in other ways(maybe 5% more aimdeflection would have about the same impact as default interpolation, or just less ammo). Keep in mind that the physics settings in Base were tuned for modem connections, so today the cg is just too easy.

You're just used to the different type of aiming with inter. Give it some practice and you'll adapt, like everyone else did. Overall there's no real difference, believe me! (Annars plir jevla syr)

Either way it's not up to me or any one person to decide, so if it's important to you, go ahead a make a new poll and see if the public opinion has changed since the last one. Don't get your hopes up though, as from what I pick up the vast majority seems content about it atm. Personally I don't care much either way as long as we don't make the game dumber and that it's the same for everyone.

Lemme remind about the thread purpose:

FSB-SPY said:
I hear it's been made, so who has this? My config will/is getting booted due to me using different flag/weapon models/player models.

p.s. lasthope is of a homosexual orientation.

p.p.s. if it matters, i'm using the 1.30 happyjump version of the exe.

Oki, there´re several models ppl already used and still would like to use.
I hope we all agree, and especially you spy, that´s custom models are used because of beeing more eye-candy then the default ones, not because they are huge as a tower or flashing red so even a blind guy could find them.

I´ve never used other models but i know there are nice models arround that have almost the same shape/size of the default ones.

So my real opinion is:

Lets collect all models everybody could life with when other players use them, hash em and make the same thing what has done to the conversion models, just add them to the crc check exclusion list.

That way spy and everybody else who want´s a bypass for the same reason are happy and can enjoy tribes without having to encourage anybody to hack his ass off for bypasses etc.

What´s so wrong about this idea?

I´m pretty sure the only reason why (at least disc, chain, blaster) are crc checked is because you could attach a very tight but very high stick to it that would work like a perm iff.

Slitz said:
Damnit I want to be done with this thread. :<

It's not handled as a cheat(no kicks/bans). It's disabled to get rid of the "let's not use any other weapon than cg" hype.

Placebo in the sense that the effect is almost the same as if it actually had the real technical impact people think it does - People chain more because of it, naturally get more chainkills, and then think it's all thanks to this miracle setting. The setting itself is no problem, it's what it does to the game. That's why it can make the game retarded. It's like the effect of empty rumors about bypasses - It cripples people's faith in the protection and thus undermines the whole idea with it.

Like I've said before, IMO it can be enabled if we nerf the cg in other ways(maybe 5% more aimdeflection would have about the same impact as default interpolation, or just less ammo). Keep in mind that the physics settings in Base were tuned for modem connections, so today the cg is just too easy.

You're just used to the different type of aiming with inter. Give it some practice and you'll adapt, like everyone else did. Overall there's no real difference, believe me! (Annars plir jevla syr)

Either way it's not up to me or any one person to decide, so if it's important to you, go ahead a make a new poll and see if the public opinion has changed since the last one. Don't get your hopes up though, as from what I pick up the vast majority seems content about it atm. Personally I don't care much either way as long as we don't make the game dumber and that it's the same for everyone.

So it doesn't have a "technical impact" yet, the chaingun needs nerfing if it's allowed? (Ja ska ha pra krejer va!)

FSB-SPY said:
It's a great idea, GreyHound. Unfortunately, due to the game being so old, and people's care level at an all-time low... I think it's safe to assume that it would be easier to get the bypass released rather than get yet another version update of LastHope and having servers be updated as well.

But yes, to me it's all the same. :)

i don´t think/i do hope the list of crc checks is not hardcoded.
furthermore i think all servers that would need the update since they´re frequently populated won´t be so hard to be updated?

afaik random is the model whore here and could surely post a few of the models that would have to be approved/considered.

GreyHound said:
i don´t think/i do hope the list of crc checks is not hardcoded.
furthermore i think all servers that would need the update since they´re frequently populated won´t be so hard to be updated?

afaik random is the model whore here and could surely post a few of the models that would have to be approved/considered.
I asked Andrew to do it ages ago, he said it wasn't worth it because only FoX uses the model validation, and zAdmin allows server admins to control which models are used (stupid idea imho)
Andrew hasn't been one for foresight lately :p

2 idiots (posr was one I think) got access to the default copy of of zAdmin and added their own preferences arbitrarily, which was later uploaded to the zAdmin page and distributed amongst people.

Incase it seems like this on forums, I've got nothing against him, he's just been an idiot w/ how he's dealing with "interpohax" after learning to aim w/ default interpolation again.

Oh, and you're probably thinking of Spy. He'z a bigger model whore than I.

Slitz said:
Placebo in the sense that the effect is almost the same as if it actually had the real technical impact people think it does - People chain more because of it, naturally get more chainkills, and then think it's all thanks to this miracle setting. The setting itself is no problem, it's what it does to the game.
Hey guess what.

If players are moving at a more or less fixed speed, but appear as they were constantly speeding up/slowing back down several times a second, then I want to use the setting that gets rid of this error. Yes, it will allow me to get more kills, but that's because I'm actually seeing what happens in the game instead of something else.

NoFiX said:
Still waiting for your response, Slitz.
I've already given examples. Give me one good reason why I should tell you anything, especially after your little ego-release here. (rhetorical. don't do it. this week's trolling bin filled up already.)

Slitz said:
I've already given examples. Give me one good reason why I should tell you anything, especially after your little ego-release here. (rhetorical. don't do it. this week's trolling bin filled up already.)

By justifying your comments you're not doing me any favors...

FSB-SPY said:
Thanks, NoFiX. :)

I don't suppose andrew's mem.dll has the source up for download? I was just wondering if you could have merged his mem with your bypass for LH.

If not, then I guess fuck winamphud. :p

Thanks again.

When I get around to it I'll make it so it loads a renamed version of andrews mem.dll.

Back