T1 with better graphics? by [meph]DooM! - Page 9 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Scripting and Modifying
Reload this Page T1 with better graphics?
Page 9 of 10
Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
161 - 06-04-2004, 15:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideSlash
again, i didn't say it makes everyone a better chainer. people who suck with chain will suck even with interpolate. but it does make a LOT of people who aren't all that great at tribes in general very effective with the chaingun.. setting ip to 0 helps TOO MUCH. while there used to be a small percentage of deadly chaingunners, with interpolate half of any given server would be amazing with it. it unbalanced the game, end of story.
Imo, increasing FOV by 1/3 is quite a bit of advantage too. And ip doesn't make that much of a difference. The people that chain significantly better since they have ip set to 0 do so because they had a better foundation to build up their skills from. Even with ip off, you WON'T become a chain god in 5 minutes.

Sponsored Links
SideSlash
VeteranXX
Old
162 - 06-04-2004, 15:11
but you will in about 3 days..

secrax
Unregistered
Old
163 - 06-04-2004, 15:13
Quote:

actually it does. why don't you threaten us with releasing a lasthope bypass again you lame ****er.
"actually it does", yet, still, no reasons? Comon pud, you can do better than that.

"lame ****er", Oh, my bad for posting, maybe if I spelled the word competitively, competetively, I wouldn't be as lame as you?

UniX
VeteranXV
Old
164 - 06-04-2004, 15:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by posr
Its not a server side thing you can adjust, well I guess it could be, but the code is encrypted and I dont know anyone really wanting to spend time to code something to exclude someone from being validated.
Same people that cheat and make cheats have no problem spending the time. If it can be done somone will do it.

Evita
VeteranXV
Old
165 - 06-04-2004, 15:33
3 topics start wars:

1. Interpolation
2. Religion
3. Politics

In that order...

SideSlash
VeteranXX
Old
166 - 06-04-2004, 16:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by secrax
"actually it does", yet, still, no reasons? Comon pud, you can do better than that.
i didn't think anyone would be dumb enough for require an explanation for that, but here it goes..

if you haven't played competition, you don't understand the true balance of the game, in terms of how chaingun affects the overall offensive-defensive struggle. playing in pubs and noticing how many chain kills you get isn't a good way to measure the effectiveness of something like interpolation settings. if someone has played pre-interpolate competition and post-interpolate competition, they can accurately see the difference it makes in how the game is played. and those who play competitively today can see how much better things like LT are without interpolate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by secrax
"lame ****er", Oh, my bad for posting, maybe if I spelled the word competitively, competetively, I wouldn't be as lame as you?
you threatened posr to release how to bypass lasthope, server side and client side, and then deleted your post cuz you realized how immature and pathetic it was to do such a thing. get a life, ******.

secrax
Unregistered
Old
167 - 06-04-2004, 17:27
You're a ****in idiot. Are you for real? True balance of the game isn't determined by playing competitively. Having played in competitions, as I've already said, has nothing to do with this discussion.

Since you missed the point, the point is, just because you've been in competitions, where-as someone else hasn't, doesn't make their points invalid. They play the game how they play it, you play the game how you play it. Their opinions are just as valid, if not more, than yours because the game wasn't created around competition.

Don't get me started on maturity, refer to your own posts to see immature rants.

Last edited by secrax; 06-04-2004 at 17:29..
Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
168 - 06-04-2004, 17:38
And thus began the flame war.

[meph]DooM!
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
169 - 06-04-2004, 17:46
there is no server toggle for lasthope btw..

secrax
Unregistered
Old
170 - 06-04-2004, 17:48
In effect, he's saying the only way I, or anyone, could have a logical view on interpolate settings is if I, or anyone, has been in competitions, pre-post-interpolate.

Bull****.

secrax
Unregistered
Old
171 - 06-04-2004, 17:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by [meph]DooM!
there is no server toggle for lasthope btw..
Yeah, maybe not default, which was the point to begin with. It's pretty easy to setup a system in which it doesn't validate certain players.

SideSlash
VeteranXX
Old
172 - 06-04-2004, 17:55
actually, i was speaking about the EFFECTS of interpolate settings on tribes gameplay when i mentioned the importance of competitive play, not the actual settings themselves.

and again i ask, why don't you threaten us with a bypass again?

secrax
Unregistered
Old
173 - 06-04-2004, 17:59
Quote:
actually, i was speaking about the EFFECTS of interpolate settings on tribes gameplay when i mentioned the importance of competitive play, not the actual settings themselves.

and again i ask, why don't you threaten us with a bypass again?
Whatever, puke. You got owned.

I wasn't threatening anyone to begin with, I was only posting the facts.

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
174 - 06-04-2004, 18:04
Another fine addition to TW... accusing andrew of abuse on his 3rd day of membership...

eldee
VeteranXX
Old
175 - 06-04-2004, 18:05
enough of this crap, is it coming out soon?

[meph]DooM!
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
176 - 06-04-2004, 18:41
yea its coming out soon

and if youre playing on a server where the admin would waste their time to specifically make it not validate certain players you get what you deserve, especially if you can prove it and just whine about it instead of trying to let people know which server and who's doing it..

secrax
Unregistered
Old
177 - 06-04-2004, 19:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeu5
Another fine addition to TW... accusing andrew of abuse on his 3rd day of membership...
When and/or Where did I accuse Andrew, or anyone? 3rd day of membership? How does this affect my validity?

Jess
VeteranX
Old
178 - 06-04-2004, 20:29
Dear Sideslash,

You were a good Doctor.

Love, Ty.

UniX
VeteranXV
Old
179 - 06-04-2004, 23:05
well if anything this is one of the most active threads in the scripting and modifying section in a while =/

Jess
VeteranX
Old
180 - 06-05-2004, 02:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by [meph]DooM!
yea its coming out soon

and if youre playing on a server where the admin would waste their time to specifically make it not validate certain players you get what you deserve, especially if you can prove it and just whine about it instead of trying to let people know which server and who's doing it..
like.... all of them!@#!@#!@$!@$!@ :/ .....

andrew is good. :grimreape

Page 9 of 10

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Scripting and Modifying
Reload this Page T1 with better graphics?

Social Website Bullshit