SMUGGLER class announced!

Brontez

Contributor
Star Wars: The Old Republic | Classes

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ reveals the next playable class, the street savvy, credit seeking Smuggler.

Making a profit from the desperate needs of a war-torn galaxy is how the Smuggler earns his credits. Transporting contraband, stolen goods, and highly sought-after fugitives through treacherous trade routes is in high demand, and more and more Smugglers are taking advantage of this opportunity.

Any self-respecting Smuggler must be able to shoot or charm his way out of the most complex predicaments. They must be incredibly quick-witted, able to bargain with the underbelly of society, and most importantly, they must be able to deliver… their lives depend on it.

This was my favorite profession in SW:G, I mean come on, who doesn't want to be Han Solo? I just hope they have a genuinely dangerous smuggling system though, that was the major dissapointment in the SW:G version.

One interestng note about the combat videos for the smuggler, is that smugglers appear to use obstacles, ends of walls and other terrain as cover to hide from enemy fire, even backing up onto surfaces and peeking around corners. This is something I've previously only seen in FPS games, but this is definitely a "dice roll" style mmo. It'll be interesting to see how the combat system actually works, given these abilities and animations.

Back