peer-to-peer tribes

I wasn't thinking of chasing cappers...more like the jumpgate system used in Wing Commander: Privateer if any of you played that...portals between systems.

Anyhow, the chasing capper idea would only work if you used some sort of instant loading system as in Dungeon Siege.

If I were to try and make it fun I'd make it like Capture and Hold only instead of points on a map, you capture servers...

This has some interesting possibilities actually. You could have bands of teams, taking over different objectives in different worlds (Servers). Mass chaos would ensue!

plus you could track people's statistics, and give them 1 point for just entering the server, and 25 points for actually taking it over!

no...

wait a sec...

</daveg>

Thrax Panda said:
It's a phenomenal idea for a mod that I don't have to play.

Man Thrax killered it :(. I like this idea, not at all for the basic gametype but it definately has potential in CnH and special other gametypes (as previously mentioned).

I think this is an excellent idea. I don't know why anyone hasn't done it. I imagined this idea several years ago...because I realized it was the only way to make something like Tribes massive.

Basically, just make it so when a player hits an object on the map, it disconnects them from that server, and connects them to another.

While I don't see how it would be useful in Tribes, I definitely see much greater possibilites with it.

This seems very simple to actually put into practice to me.
Can't scripting do it? Even in t1?

Back