Tribes: Vengeance featured in PC Gamer

Marweas said:
OMG, people here actually read *gasp* literature? You've restored my faith in Tribers, Apo, thanks. :)

I think 1984 is pretty much required reading (it was in my county). So don't think any of us WANTED to read it.

Aside from final fantasy the StarSiege universe must be longest running series of games and I can only name about 8 of those games...

zelda is what 19 yrs old? what about pac-man?....i played a new verison of pong the other day...the pong universie is complex....they have just discovered 3d...its crazy

I don't think Zelda is quite 19 years, but Castlevania is getting close. Its first game in the series Akumajou Dracula - Demon Castle Dracula (Vampire Killer US) came out in 1986 on the MSX platform (it was a home computer, kind of like the comadore 64). So that's 17 years old.

vkill-8.gif
vkill-7.gif
vkill-9.gif

I'm not talking years here either. Pac Man could be 19 years old for all I care but they have what.. maybe 5 games total dealing with Pac Man.

If you count every game in the earthsiege/starsiege tribes as being part of the "tribes franchise" then every single mario game also counts which I think would make it the series with the most games.

Well, it's not the 'Tribes Franchise'. It is the StarSiege Universe. There is a major difference because there is one single Time Line coverning everything that happens across all these franchises including the EarthSiege franchises, the Tribes franchises, and the Cyberstorm franchises. I would say StarSiege, as well, but we all know it can't really be considered a franchise since no sequal has been made, yet.

There is a considerable amount of story and history behind the StarSiege Universe.

xgalaxy said:
Well, it's not the 'Tribes Franchise'. It is the StarSiege Universe. There is a major difference because there is one single Time Line coverning everything that happens across all these franchises including the EarthSiege franchises, the Tribes franchises, and the Cyberstorm franchises. I would say StarSiege, as well, but we all know it can't really be considered a franchise since no sequal has been made, yet.

There is a considerable amount of story and history behind the StarSiege Universe.
It's the "Tribes Universe". Not the Starsiege universe. If starsiege had been successfully and we were all hanging out at StarsigeWar then it would be the SSU, but it's not. It's the TU.

I don't remember seeing the title "Tribes Universe: Tribes" on the first Tribes product. If I'm not mistaken it was "Starsiege: Tribes". You can argue all you like the Tribes products were a result of the Starsiege timeline and story.

xgalaxy said:
I don't remember seeing the title "Tribes Universe: Tribes" on the first Tribes product. If I'm not mistaken it was "Starsiege: Tribes". You can argue all you like the Tribes products were a result of the Starsiege timeline and story.

hey, cut that out! you're not allowed to q0wn.... DEV people!!

:angel:

Back