HOw about no one kill weapons in T:V

Well already the shocklance is gone..

And now people have problems with the satchel pack? I agree it sucks getting the flag and being blown apart the next minute, but it's a blast when two teams are at a standstill and you manage to throw in a satchel pack unnoticed...

In fact.. it seems a lot of people don't expect it... just like the lazy heavy mortar spamming, or using the missile launcher.. quick shock to the back takes care of that...

But whatever.. hey it sucks when you keep getting killed over and over by a particular weapon, so much that it's no longer fun, or it "disrupts the speed of the game"

What next, the elf gun and sniper rifle? Hmm..

Whatever the weapons are in TV, I'll enjoy and get used to them. I just want to point out that the weapons in T2, though not perfect and got abused, all fulfilled a need and added more to the gameplay than they took away.

Last edited:
Yogi said:
Actually some of the best mine discers are some of the greatest players in the game. It adds a new level to the art of the kill. Like you said, people miss a lot. You've got to place your mine on (or very close to) the person (who is most likely moving) and place your shot to set it off. Not necessarily an easy thing to do. Plus, there's the chance that you'll take yourself out too if done too closely.

Pay attention to the people who can successfully MA MD. That's an art form.

Are we talking t1 or t2 classic?

I'm very far from being one of the greatest players in the game, but ma mding is easy.

Shinigami said:
Are we talking t1 or t2 classic?

I'm very far from being one of the greatest players in the game, but ma mding is easy.

T1. It's a lot easier in T2 to hit MAs in general thus making the MA MD easier as well.

Anotehr issue with the Sl is that lights can ski faster then heavies. Thus making a light catch a HO with a SL not that hard killing him during a skiing route.

I am happy to see a lot agree the SL is not a good part of tribes :)

I used to stand up for the shocklance, as it really is a skill weapon if used right. Still, since it is a hitscan weapon and has cheats out for it, I say remove it. Just say no to hitscan weapons. Laser is enough.

I would almost say make the sniper's have no one shot kills to full health players as well. So in the future if someone creats a no fog cheat your still not going to get the one shot one kill crap.

But if I only could choose one to remove it would be the Sl by a long shot.

wtf. damn cheats.

Anyway, so do we know about how many weapons will be in T:V?

The plasma gun is replaced, and now we know the SL and ML are gone (at least as far as their T2 counterparts are concerned... dunno if they'll have something remotely similar in T:V ala the burner/plasma replacer/upgrade..)

Last edited:
jsut said:
i like the lance because it's unique, and it's something that people can excel at. I wouldn't mind if they back lance damage on heavies was reduced to somewhere where it'd take a lance and a disk to kill a heavy, but a change like that would probably require a slight reduction in firing delay.

I agree with this. The lance was extremely fun to use and with increased speeds in T:V it will take much more skill. Also remember the lance wasn't a true "OSOK" weapon because it was only OSOK when you get hit in the back. A MD is more deadly all around because it uses splash damage and is the same from every angle.

Still I wouldn't mind a lance that was like a sniper rifle for heavies. It took them to like 20% life if they get hit in the back, much MUCH less if hit elsewhere, and then you could finish them off with 1-2 disks.

Sniper rifles should not hurt a Heavy at all IMO. There needs to be advantages to having heavy armor. Right now the only advantage is the mortat nothing more.

{A} PR24 said:
Sniper rifles should not hurt a Heavy at all IMO. There needs to be advantages to having heavy armor. Right now the only advantage is the mortat nothing more.

False. There are many advantages to being a heavy, and it seems like everyone is interested in adding to them. Heavys have 5 weapon slots, can move fast if handled right, and have a ton of fricking armor. They also get the mortor, which is the most deadly and effective weapon against soft and hard targets in the game if used correctly. The problem with heavies is not the armor, but the user.

|MrSniper|Nyx said:
False. There are many advantages to being a heavy, and it seems like everyone is interested in adding to them. Heavys have 5 weapon slots, can move fast if handled right, and have a ton of fricking armor. They also get the mortor, which is the most deadly and effective weapon against soft and hard targets in the game if used correctly. The problem with heavies is not the armor, but the user.

Light armor can catch heavy armor, so even though they are fast lights can ski to catch a heavy. Lights have the Sl and mine disking which makes a light imo too powerful against a Heavy armored player.

Yes having 5 weapon slots are nice but still the only advantage a heavy has is the mortar.

Well the SL is gone, now so lights don't have that. I don't know what'll happen to mine-disking. Though it's not a true weapon, more of a learned tactic, so I don't see what they could do there. It does upset the balance of things though. We'll see.

Back