Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page reallocating my IRA today
Page 4 of 4
Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
61 - 04-11-2017, 22:24
made a few purchases today had some of my company's RSUs vest and they finally settled. split it 4 ways between KSS/XOM/MAT/TEVA plus some extra for the cheaper stocks. I wanted to make sure I would be able to sell a decent number of covered calls on them all the next 12 months to increase my yield. I like to do lots of 10+ and that's where I'm at. I like them all with a <=5y timeline which is really all I want for this account (taxable brokerage, short term) I sold calls on all the positions 3 months out and the premium/risk ratio is such that I wouldn't mind someone exercising any of these. that will just accelerate my time to target return and allow me to reinvest the money.

seriously this is like some weird computer game except you make money.

Sponsored Links
hyung
VeteranXX
Old
62 - 04-12-2017, 00:18
how much time do you spend a week researching companies?

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
63 - 04-12-2017, 09:56
not all that much. in the beginning when I was learning how to value stocks I had to spend a lot more time. now I know what metrics I look at and I can just plug them into my modeling software (proprietary application that I developed on my own) and get ratings for valuation, risk, expected return. Once I pre-screen with the model, I look at some recent financial statements and check for company news that might be material. That's a little bit of time during the work day. If there's no red flags I'll pull the trigger.

For instance, KSS ranks a 3.8/5 on my risk score. The success of the company is highly dependent on shifting more business online and closing B&M stores that are losing money. I like their chances and I like the expected return, though. I'm willing to risk it since I can hold 2-3 years.

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
64 - 04-12-2017, 13:18
on average how long do you hold? does your model include doing options?

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
65 - 04-12-2017, 13:47
retirement stocks are held indefinitely unless something really bad happens or the stock underperforms long enough that I'm willing to dump it if I see a good opportunity.

the taxable account assumes you will hold for 5 years or until you hit your target return.

i don't model the options, they're basically a flat addition to your yield and I really don't feel like breaking out fincad to do intrinsic and time value calcs.

def
VeteranXX
Old
66 - 04-12-2017, 17:14
i'm back in LULU a small amount

Page 4 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page reallocating my IRA today

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
alex dare levert , alex knapik-levert