Groove! I need ur HUD skills

GoFFe

Veteran XV
would love if u could help me out when u have lil time over. u can use already made huds ofc, just make em a bit bigger and make text look pretty with em <3

Im going for big huds for this build ^^ i drew a pic for you where / what I think i might wanna have all stuff lolol

big hud elements preferebly without BG color but instead outer dark line (or w/e its called)

here is just idea pic haha

TJ8Ufb.jpg

(notice ammo hud under reticle)

jaja i can slap something together, maybe not this weekend but sometime soon

u want scriptGL huds or native?

scriptGL can use any TTF fonts, i can do cooler things with it but about 2-3% of people cant run scriptGL

native huds can only use the like 4-5 decent .pft fonts we have but are 100% compatible

if scriptGL, u want a ring or overlay of some sort around the radar? backdrops for the chat/huds? i'm not the best @ photoshop but if u can gimme a chat-sized backdrop i can make it resize for the other huds too

personally i find huds w/o any backgrounds can be hard to read at times especially with some fonts but i can do it that way if thats ur preference (or have an opacity setting for the backdrops that u can tweak as you'd like)

flag and item icons - want me to use something from my older configs, or want to make an icon set u want to use?

jaja i can slap something together, maybe not this weekend but sometime soon

u want scriptGL huds or native?

scriptGL can use any TTF fonts, i can do cooler things with it but about 2-3% of people cant run scriptGL

native huds can only use the like 4-5 decent .pft fonts we have but are 100% compatible

if scriptGL, u want a ring or overlay of some sort around the radar? backdrops for the chat/huds? i'm not the best @ photoshop but if u can gimme a chat-sized backdrop i can make it resize for the other huds too

personally i find huds w/o any backgrounds can be hard to read at times especially with some fonts but i can do it that way if thats ur preference (or have an opacity setting for the backdrops that u can tweak as you'd like)

flag and item icons - want me to use something from my older configs, or want to make an icon set u want to use?

woohooo cool :D I dont care if scriptgl or native :D

i wanna try without a background for the huds, but the backdrops will make the huds visible no? like black lines around everything :p

yeah u can use some nice looking hud u already got :D unless u wanna go balls deep and make new stuff u think can look even better haha

fucking cool of u helping little me <3 ^^

well if its up to me

if i'm feeling especially nerdy i'll do 'em full out scriptGL vhuds so they'll automatically resize to any resolution and can be drag/drop resized like in this old vid:

i can do black lines (not sure if i'll do just simple GLrectangles or make a 1 pixel .png box and stretch it) and probably sliders for backdrop color/opacity, that way blind old groovey can read them while testing and u can set it to 0

haha cool ok

nah not brackets, just black around text and hud elements so u see them better, like Ive done with the reticle

oh you mean like, drop shadow/outline kinda thing for all text and hud elements?

you'd have to use a font that had an outline already, cant add outlines in tribes on the fly or in scriptGL

and edit pngs to add outlines etc

This is what I use for Ammo and Flag huds, very very basic.

Sm9q33k.jpg

You can simply move the ammo hud where ever you want with K or J, so you can put it below your ret.

oh you mean like, drop shadow/outline kinda thing for all text and hud elements?

you'd have to use a font that had an outline already, cant add outlines in tribes on the fly or in scriptGL

and edit pngs to add outlines etc

ye a outline exactly, that way u see it a lot better

ah, yeah pngs are no problem, i know a bit of photoshop, just dont got a clue how to script and make huds work :D but if its just a pic i can modify it later etc

yeah idk how you'd accomplish an outline on text, and have big fonts

u can only really do outline fonts with stock tribes fonts and they're small as shit and if you make them bigger it fucks everything up

scriptGL can do any .ttf font at any size but no outline

(just a quick slap together with some old scripts i had)
bins_mockup.jpg

Last edited:
its pretty ghetto (im just double drawing the same text underneath in black at 70% opacity) but it turned out half decent

sgl_dropshadow2.png

^^^ helps a bit against light backgrounds imo

still havent converted over the itemhud or chathud yet, fuckit i'm done for the night i'll fuck with it later in the week

:)

Thats a good method in making nice looking text in for example after effcts, many movie makers do it, me included, im suprised this disnt excist already in t1! ^^

i played around with the dropshadow idea about a year ago but like most stuff, i never finished it

it does present a bit of a complication - it changes the SGL color settings to black and they need to be re-set before the next draw

not really a big deal on most huds but the chathud has been a pain in the ass cause it does a lot of color changes (depending on team/global/server messages) and is annoyingly complicated

anyways, i'm using old icons that are low-res and look like shit when big - i'm gonna put work on the config on hold until you send me new icons (flags and items) and choose a (.ttf only) font you like (this one's using AgencyFB-Bold)

icons should be at least 128x128, 256x would be better (im using 256x for this placeholder healthkit icon)

also, input on hud size? want stuff bigger or smaller?

sgl_dropshadow3.png

Last edited:
Will these huds be available in all sizes? I am using bigger screen resolution, but I still like the extra huds to be small, more room for visibility, etc.

It is looking nice though!!

Back