can you get rid / hide the ingame menu thingie

GoFFe

Veteran XV
the thing that pops up when you press tab, which shows all players and ping + scores

it's in the way in some demos :(

I dont think you can get rid of that. In all the older vids when no hudbot was used and people relied on the map, that would always pop up in the demos.

dangerdee why bother to answer if you can't even figure out what he's talking about? He's talking about the tab menu/score menu and you're talking about the command map. Clueless idiots giving input is worse than no one giving an answer.

Hehe, thats allright. When I come to think about it, the command map is in the way in a few demos aswell. But I'm sure I can work with them footage anyways, just need to be creative. :)

if it's 1.4 you could just make Score.gui.cs have pretty much nothing in it, that works... although it's not very elegant

Code:
// blank Score.gui.cs for watching demos
instant SimGui::Control "ScoreGui" {
	position = "0 0";
	extent = "1 1";
	horizSizing = "right";
	vertSizing = "bottom";
	consoleVariable = "";
	consoleCommand = "";
	altConsoleCommand = "";
	deleteOnLoseContent = "True";
	ownObjects = "True";
	opaque = "False";
	fillColor = "0 0 0";
	selectFillColor = "0.301961 0.082353 0.058824";
	ghostFillColor = "0.894118 0.062745 0.043137";
	border = "False";
	borderColor = "0 0 0";
	selectBorderColor = "0.07451 0.086275 0.078431";
	ghostBorderColor = "0.098039 0.301961 0.286275";
	visible = "True";
	tag = "";
};

it would break the menu itself but if you're just watching demos it shouldn't really matter

and you should obviously back up your normal score.gui.cs and use it the rest of the time

someone willing to spend more time on it could probably make a toggle that would load the normal score.gui.cs when the toggle is off but fuck that

if it's 1.4 you could just make Score.gui.cs have pretty much nothing in it, that works... although it's not very elegant

Code:
// blank Score.gui.cs for watching demos
instant SimGui::Control "ScoreGui" {
	position = "0 0";
	extent = "1 1";
	horizSizing = "right";
	vertSizing = "bottom";
	consoleVariable = "";
	consoleCommand = "";
	altConsoleCommand = "";
	deleteOnLoseContent = "True";
	ownObjects = "True";
	opaque = "False";
	fillColor = "0 0 0";
	selectFillColor = "0.301961 0.082353 0.058824";
	ghostFillColor = "0.894118 0.062745 0.043137";
	border = "False";
	borderColor = "0 0 0";
	selectBorderColor = "0.07451 0.086275 0.078431";
	ghostBorderColor = "0.098039 0.301961 0.286275";
	visible = "True";
	tag = "";
};

it would break the menu itself but if you're just watching demos it shouldn't really matter

and you should obviously back up your normal score.gui.cs and use it the rest of the time

someone willing to spend more time on it could probably make a toggle that would load the normal score.gui.cs when the toggle is off but fuck that

Groove, THANK YOU!!!

That solved it :D

There are 2 demos I have where the ingame menu pops up either right before the shot or just a second after, which imo looks really bad for a movie.

I have a whole seperate tribes folder for the movie, so no toggle is needed.

THANKS SO MUCH! Another shoutout in the movie.

dangerdee why bother to answer if you can't even figure out what he's talking about? He's talking about the tab menu/score menu and you're talking about the command map. Clueless idiots giving input is worse than no one giving an answer.

I knew exactly what he meant. I gave my answer based on seeing the same thing happen with the command map.

Your bitterness clouds your judgement, lemon.

just flick a democam shot when that is on screen first person

i think that gets rid of command screen

Nope :(

It still pops up.

Are you going to send the rest of the demos btw?, I'm pretty excited to see what else good stuff you've got :)

I actually ran into MissDyke(OyO) yesterday, he has a lot of old demos. (if anyone cares, hehe)

Why didn't i read the thread earlier ??? and just came up with almost the same solution .... 1h wasted

copy empty.gui.cs ... name it score.gui.cs

Back