Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise Of Skywalker | Teaser Trailer by The Magical Zoo - Page 5 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise Of Skywalker | Teaser Trailer
Page 5 of 6
Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
81 - 04-17-2019, 18:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
I still can't believe they're letting Rian Johnson continue with three films.
Yeah, I don't get the logic here. Disney could save A LOT of time by just dumping $300M into a large pile and setting it on fire instead.

Sponsored Links
Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
82 - 04-17-2019, 18:17
and now it looks like they are possibly making KOTOR films

Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
83 - 04-17-2019, 18:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
Why didn’t gothaggis post his trailer reaction video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ug2DOoxJ1g
What the ****

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
84 - 04-17-2019, 20:48
Quote:
I still can't believe they're letting Rian Johnson continue with three films.
i have to predict they won’t. They are already playing this all as “fatigue” and saying they need to slow down and take a break. That doesn’t exactly mesh with developing two separate trilogies and a tv procedural.

It’s about optics; for the audience and industry. After ep9 I think you listen to rians pitch and then cancel it. That way you don’t outwardly confess to the tlj disaster and at least give him the appearance of having a chance.

Then you move fwd with the Weiss/benioff old republic project and make me happy again

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
85 - 04-18-2019, 02:43
^agreed that they just don't want to "cancel" any more ideas right now when the fandom is already uneasy.

idk why anyone would take future plans seriously at this point. ffs, both rogue one and solo had major revisions mid-production because disney is just that risk averse. saying rian johnson is getting a trilogy is like saying rian johnson is getting a space pony. yeah, rian johnson may one day have a space pony, but i don't know what that is or how to tell.

old republic is lame. enough with the gay siths already, get a new villain. new jedi order would be better, if you want to resurrect some eu. something that isn't a virtuous freedom fighters versus evil empire and their giant superweapon.

The Magical Zoo
VeteranXV
Old
86 - 04-18-2019, 03:22
They won't publicly cancel Rian's trilogy with a press announcement or anything in the next 1-2 years, that would be admitting defeat. Still amazes me they went forward this this sequel trilogy without mapping everything out at least a little bit.

Danno
VeteranXX
Old
87 - 04-18-2019, 06:08
People who do trailer reaction videos (doing them seriously) should be sterilized.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsj6NZKem3I

Last edited by Danno; 04-18-2019 at 09:33..
SecretSquirrel
VeteranXV
Old
88 - 04-18-2019, 11:12
Perhaps SW was simply acquired so that no one else would get it and run better movies against them, competing with their box office. Perhaps SW is not that good now because it was never a priority, since it would always generate some income no matter what was tossed out. It resulted in heads of studios and directors who were given a shot, as just kind of an internal corporate handshake at Disney.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
89 - 04-18-2019, 11:32
Rich Evans' take on SW was pretty spot on. It's Space Nazis vs Lightsabers, what else can you really do with it? There's nothing else really interesting going on.

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
90 - 04-18-2019, 15:35
Quote:
Rich Evans' take on SW was pretty spot on. It's Space Nazis vs Lightsabers, what else can you really do with it? There's nothing else really interesting going on.
There's nothing else interesting because most movies are the same. Good V. Evil. Chase scenes. Fluff talk (develop characters). Battle (people die). Good side wins in the end. It becomes a question of being interested in those characters. If the movie is big enough, they make a sequel. If it's a TV series, it gets renewed.

In the case of SW, they are developing new characters and trying to repeat the entire triology. The problem is the SJW crap and we've seen everything (nothing new). The plot is so comical with Rey learning the force with no training and battling masters, that no one can take it seriously. It's a kid movie (Disney) at this point. The good side will win in this latest movie, everyone will be happy. But the amount of SJW and plot holes will be off the charts.

Last edited by NoGodForMe; 04-18-2019 at 16:00..
bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
91 - 04-18-2019, 15:55
Quote:
rich's point is okay, but it's a generic criticism of sequels. yeah, sequels are a dumb idea (the story's over, idiot!). i think anyone that takes a minute to think about it realizes that. star trek is a tv show, it's an awful point of comparison. (and star trek has a ton of movies that don't feel like star trek, including most of the good ones. star trek 4 is really the only one that is a good, long episode of the show).

esb doesn't continue from star wars in any logical way - it comes up with NEW IDEAS, and then those ideas become part of what is canonically star wars. if you want star wars sequels, you're essentially agreeing that you want star wars to change. if you don't, don't watch em, no harm done. the fact eu found so many other things to do with it is evidence that he's basically wrong (whether you like eu is a different question, but it was more than space nazi vs. lightsaber rehashes).

The Magical Zoo
VeteranXV
Old
92 - 04-18-2019, 17:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ug2DOoxJ1g
lmaooo please tell me that's a /pol/ troll

The Magical Zoo
VeteranXV
Old
93 - 04-18-2019, 17:52
Quote:
I never liked his point on that. Disney certainly makes it feel that way, but KOTOR? The EU? Lots of interesting stuff out there that would require any modicum of originality or risk-taking. But possible.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
94 - 04-18-2019, 17:55
KOTOR would never work in a 2-6 hour film format, and I know nothing about the EU.

The Magical Zoo
VeteranXV
Old
95 - 04-18-2019, 18:01
I suppose you'll have to just trust me on that.

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
96 - 04-18-2019, 18:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magical Zoo View Post
I never liked his point on that. Disney certainly makes it feel that way, but KOTOR? The EU? Lots of interesting stuff out there that would require any modicum of originality or risk-taking. But possible.
rich basically has no idea what he's talking about when it comes to movies. ironically, he's the regular joe to mike and jay's supernerds.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
97 - 04-18-2019, 20:56
Quote:
KOTOR would never work in a 2-6 hour film format, and I know nothing about the EU.
i think it can be done...1st film ends w/Malak spoiling that the lead is revan and kidnaps bastila. Second film ends with revan leaving. Third film can be a butchered version of kotor 2. Plenty of flashback exposition of the mandalorian war, meetra etc.

You can compress the scope of planets to a couple...revan wakes with bastila, learns he***8217;s force gifted, council turns him down. Looks for star forge while bastila trains him. As long as you got those beats you complete the first film with a cliffhanger that will rock people.

If the trilogy succeeds you can explore what turned revan and malak...vitiate...who makes palpatine look like a doll.

Last edited by Pagy; 04-18-2019 at 21:01..
Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
98 - 04-19-2019, 09:22
Quote:
The Thrawn trilogy would be awesome but they have since maded it not canon (even though everyone loved the books and it was canon at the time)

Last edited by Falhawk; 04-19-2019 at 09:26..
Bughead
VeteranXX
Old
99 - 04-19-2019, 18:13
Disney has said they have zero interest in the Star Wars EU didn't they? Pretty sure their plan was just to use some of the old popular characters to give a boost to their new "original" characters and start pumping out new Star Wars movies from there.

They've spent too much money on Star Wars to give up now though. They'll just brute-force it and keep trying to make movies until they finally figure it out.

Hellsfury
VeteranXX
Old
100 - 04-19-2019, 18:28
I think they erased the EU so they wouldn't be beholden to any of it and thus... can do what ever they want and not have to pay anyone else for it.

They retcon everything in their own image and keep all the money.

Page 5 of 6

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise Of Skywalker | Teaser Trailer

Social Website Bullshit