<DSA> wicked )(treme mod

Psyman911

Veteran X
this thing was sooooo fun!

allwaepons have inf ammo
game speed seems faster
inf jets
all fire and relod rates have been sped up
all pack have an increased effect and take less time to recharge (especiall e-pack)
spinfusor disk is faster and does more dmg
chaingun shoots sniper rounds (looks effing kool with the red beams)
blaster rounds have been replaced with fusor disks (still shoots spread of 12)
buckler range greatly increased
buckler dmg greatly increased
rocket pod rate of fire resembles chain gun
burner shoots about 6 round spread
nade launcher shoots 8 round spread ( looks kool too)
sniper shoots a grenade round with no ark that is insta kill
i didnt notice any thing different with the mortar cause i only used it once.

this mod does obviously create lag... but its so much fun it almost dosent matter.

currently <DSA> has been reluctant to let ppl dl this mod from their site. but they said that under certin situations they may distribute it.

I think I saw an earlier version of this mod, sounds like its grown since then into the tv quasi Ultra-Ren :)

I'll have to try out Xtreme at some point :)

Psyman911 said:
this thing was sooooo fun!

allwaepons have inf ammo
game speed seems faster
inf jets
all fire and relod rates have been sped up
all pack have an increased effect and take less time to recharge (especiall e-pack)
spinfusor disk is faster and does more dmg
chaingun shoots sniper rounds (looks effing kool with the red beams)
blaster rounds have been replaced with fusor disks (still shoots spread of 12)
buckler range greatly increased
buckler dmg greatly increased
rocket pod rate of fire resembles chain gun
burner shoots about 6 round spread
nade launcher shoots 8 round spread ( looks kool too)
sniper shoots a grenade round with no ark that is insta kill
i didnt notice any thing different with the mortar cause i only used it once.

this mod does obviously create lag... but its so much fun it almost dosent matter.

currently <DSA> has been reluctant to let ppl dl this mod from their site. but they said that under certin situations they may distribute it.

wow..this must take no skill whatsoever.

if there are and <DSA> servers up then yeah. i got this from a guy called <DSA> Wizzy (i think). it handles ok if there are about only ten players in the game. but if every one is using the nade launcher at the same time, it put alot of strain on the engine the render the smoke trails and the explosions. but its really not that bad.

This mutator is a fun change from the T:V base servers. ANd yes it requires no skills. You can get goin around 400 since energy pack regenerates so fast, its nuts

Ultra-Ren can actually be pretty fun. Even if it requires very little skill, it's still kinda fun trying to avoid damage infliction.

T1-style of course :)

I joined that server a few months back.

People were capping without ever touching the ground.. was rediculously NOT FUN.

I mentioned in Global, "This is stupid."

Someone replied, "This takes skill, sorry nub."

So I left.

[/end pointless story]

it is stupidly fun for abit just to have some different stuff to do in the tv world, then it gets annoying because ppl hang out and rape spawn points... and then i instinctively tried to 'play tribes' , which this mod isnt really about or geared to imo.
fun mod tho for awhile.

$.02

Other changes include:

Buckler isn't limited to one throw at a time, you can fire it in ~0.5 second intervals.

Repair pack is idiotic, passive effect heals a heavy in about 7 seconds, active effect does the same under 2 seconds. Range is doubled at least.

One CG bullet does 50 damage to vehicles, which by the way aren't changed in any way.

Rocket pod isn't guidable, but you can constantly spam with it.

Although the blaster seems to fire discs, they don't explode (regular blaster with more bullets).

Speed pack active effect lasts much longer.

All in all, it's terribly unbalanced even for its own kind. I was dueling a light in heavy armor w/ repair pack for about 2 minutes straight, and only died because I didn't have a good anti-ait weapon.

here let me ruin it for everyone, only wear the repair pack, its fricking juiced up and you are almost invincable with it on.

Just finished a game with a few people...

CG and Sniper owns all other weapons. Sniper is instakill on lights and mediums (at least it fires a slower speed projectile than the base rifle), and the CG (while having enormous spread) can tear people up in a jiffy.

Only useful packs are the energy and repair pack. Rep pack virtually gives you immortality against everyone but good snipers/chainwhores, and the e-pack allowes you to outrun anyone. Defense is nonexistant as repairing and grabbing is reiculously easy.

All in all, it's fun if you're willing to toss away the thought that you're supposed to be playing a team game that takes an above average level of skill.

it takes some skill. Movement, lots of it. The rover is your lifeline. get one and hid it. Because your base is dust. Heavies are great for defending with that bass a$$ mortar. A good heavy kept everyone out of his base the entire game the other night. For players like me with no patience, it rocks. Jet & shoot or die. it is that simple. Make sure you get a inv station or a rover out before the crap hits the fan. The only negative is, other than the rover, vehicles are useless. they are no stronger and a cg will smoke one. The rocket pod is the ultimate killer. A scout with a rocket pod can hose a base better than 2 assault ships. Hover forever while killin and blowin up stuff. The sniper rifle is a nice break. find a good sniper position and 1shot1kill at will.

Derm King a.k.a. 50 BMG

Back