The Drawing Thread

Here is my latest drawing.

MAGggraay1.jpg

This is like pulling out a butter knife at a sword exhibition, but the existence of my shit in this thread serves as mental motivation to practice.

102082297_bd6d9b7949.jpg

102082279_01258245a8.jpg

Are we doing paintings now?

If so, this one is probably four years old and I think the last painting I actually finished.

LipsWoman1.jpg

These are all really old as well. First and second are ink and watered-down acrylics, third and fourth are just acrylic. Sorry about the fairly low quality pictures; I would have taken new pictures but all my old work is elsewhere and I haven't done anything new in a while. I should have some prints done next week, however.

BlueStudy.jpg

SelfPortrait3.jpg

SelfPortrait2.jpg

SelfPortrait1.jpg

I just got a Wacom tablet and got it set up tonight. All I can say is that it kicks ass, and I've only done one test drawing on it so far. Just a quick sketch, but it's so much easier and nicer than using a mouse.

Crow.jpg

And here are two prints (from a series of twelve) from my screenprinting class. I've never printed anything with a mesh screen like this, so some of my registration was a little off, and some of the coats of ink weren't perfect, but I was fairly pleased with the results, especially considering it was my first attempt.

CowboyBlue.jpg

CowboyRed.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't done much drawing, even doodling, since the last time this was bumped. I'm on page 4 with some BIC doodles I saved.

Man, I had this one great digital painting of someone's linework that imho was AWESOME -- I had a picture of it somewhere, god damnit! But I can't find it. :(

why not add in some more, from recent weeks.

goblin01.jpg

something i did at work with mspaint+ a little bit of filtering to smooth it out.

Bashful.jpg

Duality01.jpg

Thats a pretty short bed, but I was in a 'fuck it' sort of mood so i just left it uncorrected.

Back