VeteranXX
Old
22 - 12-23-2015, 00:11

AllTheDerp
Old
23 - 12-23-2015, 04:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4M45T3R View Post
hey ******, what's that game you linked screenshot to?
Just some stupid CTF multiplayer game I am working on with mechs, jetpacks, T1 skiing (not gay ass slideski), projectile weapons (100% inheritance), deployables, etc.

Physics are pretty much Tribes 1. Imagine if Hawken + Tribes 1 had sex, Hawken got pregnant and had an abortion then Tribes 1 took a **** and smeared it all over the abortion.

The abortion is what I am working on.

Last edited by AllTheDerp; 12-23-2015 at 19:13..
~dickschnitzel~
Banned
Old
24 - 12-23-2015, 08:06
Well that sounds amazing but imo mechs have no place in tribe gameplay. They are too bulky, clumsy, slow and just not graceful. Great models tho this is some pro ****

Milk-Man
VeteranXX
Old
25 - 12-23-2015, 12:21
unless the mechs are ****ing transformers.

AllTheDerp
Old
26 - 12-23-2015, 13:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4M45T3R View Post
Well that sounds amazing but imo mechs have no place in tribe gameplay. They are too bulky, clumsy, slow and just not graceful. Great models tho this is some pro ****
They are not slow or clumsy at all.

The movement model was made as if they were not mechs (thats why the first screenshot I posted was a human type character, I was prototyping)

After the movement model was completed I replaced the human model with a mech model. Nothing movement or physics wise was changed, its simply animations, camera effects and sounds that give the convincing illusion that you are in a mech.

Play Hawken if you think mechs are slow and clumsy.

Also, I am not trying to remake Tribes. The Tribes community has already pointed out multiple times that a Tribes remake will never work.

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
27 - 12-23-2015, 14:57
who are you? that's badass

AllTheDerp
Old
28 - 12-23-2015, 16:14
For the life of me, I cannot record a video at a good framerate, trying to use this Open Broadcast Software but I think my CPU is not fast enough or something. (4.5ghz 8 Core AMD) The game runs fine but the video comes out like ****.

Anyways, tired of ****ing with it: https://youtu.be/fQbaFRRMXrI
Not sure why you cant see it in HD, I uploaded it in 1080p.

I am nobodys smurf, you wont know me. I played Tribes 1 for 7+ years. I work in the game industry as a programmer. I am working on my own game in my freetime. Since Tribes 1 was my favorite game and it is (in programming terms) a simple game, I have decided to make a game similar to it.

Played Tribes 2 for about 15 minutes. Played Tribes Ascend for about 15 minutes, Played Legions for about 15 minutes. They all sucked, this game will have zero influence from those failures.

This so far is about 2 weeks of progress, its multiplayer and the networking is actually what takes the longest. I am going to do the CTF system soon and then start working on base items like generators, sensors, turrets, etc. Maybe I will release it for free or something, but knowing the Tribes community they are just going to ***** and moan like little punk ass fagot ****s if its not EXACTLY like Tribes 1, so probably I wont release it in the end.

I don't want to thread crap anymore so if you want more info you will need to PM me.

Last edited by AllTheDerp; 12-23-2015 at 16:18..
hyung
VeteranXX
Old
29 - 12-23-2015, 17:27
that is really cool

~dickschnitzel~
Banned
Old
30 - 12-23-2015, 17:29
Nice video man. Are you doing the art too all by yourself? And you are not crapping up the thread at all dude, you're practically saving it since its just another regular thread where everyone uses ugly configs its pain to look at them. Your few posts here are something worthwhile to read in a long time since TT is mainly consisted of ****posts. GJ

Id rather not send PM, because i want the information you share to be available to anyone here reading this forum. Do you need any testers?

Last edited by ~dickschnitzel~; 12-23-2015 at 17:34..
groove
VeteranXX
Old
31 - 12-23-2015, 17:34
that cpu should work for OBS, i record fine with a quadcore intel @ 3.3

whats your max bitrate set to?

sean78745
Veteran5
Old
32 - 12-23-2015, 17:34
you cant turn a hoe into a housewife

AllTheDerp
Old
33 - 12-23-2015, 17:46
I am not an artist, although I can make things look halfway decent, in my opinion my artwork is not up to my standards of a 2010 game let alone a 2015 game. I can do minor stuff in Substance Painter and 3dsmax but nowhere near the quality of a true artist. My work in photoshop looks literally like a kindergartner with down syndrome did it.

Therefor all artwork is contracted out or purchased. I am the only person working on this so it would also not be a very good use of time doing the artwork, as it is very time consuming. Besides, art doesn't make good gameplay, programming does.

I made the map, using Terrain Composer and RTP3 shader. I made the animations because they need to be custom, you can buy Humanoid animations but anything non-bipedal you basically need to do yourself. The animations also affect the camera and help with the "feeling" of being in a mech, so its best to custom make them.

I did all the programming which for me is the "easy" part, getting the art assets to back it up is the main hurdle.

Again, sorry for threadcrapping if you dont want to see my posts just ignore me please, I wont mind.

EDIT: In regards to testers, I think around the end of this month I can have CTF working and put the current state of the game up for download. Right now its not much fun just skiing around to be honest.

Last edited by AllTheDerp; 12-23-2015 at 17:51..
AllTheDerp
Old
34 - 12-23-2015, 17:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove View Post
that cpu should work for OBS, i record fine with a quadcore intel @ 3.3

whats your max bitrate set to?
I think its because your CPU being a better Intel has Quick Sync which is supposedly the bomb for encoding video.

Anyways, my bitrate says:

EDIT: Also, whats softski? I was under the impression that Ascend was soft/slide ski and it was referred to as soft because T1 skiing was hard. Whatever it is, my game is T1 skiing where the player physically jumps when he touches the ground.

Last edited by AllTheDerp; 12-23-2015 at 17:56..
~dickschnitzel~
Banned
Old
35 - 12-23-2015, 18:10
Basically softski is letting go of the skii button and slide for a short time. T1 exclusive

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
36 - 12-23-2015, 18:39
softski was a meaningless smurf name that people made up a concept for after the fact

like having a 'green thumb' or a 'soft touch'

Flipp
Veteran4
Old
37 - 12-23-2015, 18:40
woa dat vid is p awesumballz

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
38 - 12-23-2015, 19:16
what engine are you using?

Exodus
VeteranXX
Old
39 - 12-23-2015, 19:27
tribe

AllTheDerp
Old
40 - 12-23-2015, 20:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyung View Post
what engine are you using?
Latest version of Unity. (5.3 currently)

Page 2 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page [2015] Screenshot Thread

Social Website Bullshit