Keep the derms out of T3!

BigPappa said:
What I never seen was a all Bioderm clan for T2, that would have been cool.

the 52nd ( a NZ/Aus clan ) Orginally was Bioderm model only based... but that was on first release of t2, eventually i saw 52nds in normal human :(

yeah but its still just eycandy which could be better used in other places.
the derms playing WITH humans using human weapons, human vehicles, human bases etc. just does not utilise the potential as well as could be.

Either do it good (better than T2) or don't do it (like T1).

Jesus christ. Why do you hate derms so much that you want them removed? Lots more people like derms or don't mind them compared to the few that for some reason hate them. I for one think that they're a hilarious part of Tribes that should stay in the next game. Not as anything unique, just a diff model/skin with similar hilarious voices.

I don't like derms. I think when you have a game and are going to add a character to the cast they need to be either loved accross the board or not. Personally I just don't see how they fit. They're more like a story gimmick to me than anything -- a pluged in player model. I don't see anything wrong with adding custom model support (a staple of Quake 3 gameplay), but don't flood me with gay models that don't fit the secene. Derms are out -- make more more player skins instead (like male blood eagle1, male blood eagle2, etc) so I have more choices in that respect.

Whats so wrong with the derms again? They don't unbalance the game, they just add a comedic aspect....

Anyone have any legitimate reason as to why the derms are bad?

TheGhost said:
Whats so wrong with the derms again? They don't unbalance the game, they just add a comedic aspect....

Anyone have any legitimate reason as to why the derms are bad?

They don't make sense.

If you're going to have the story element of them be a neosapien race (btw, exosquad kicks ass and actually made them cool) that rebels and wipes out mankind with their mighty force, then they shouldn't be playing on the same team as those humans. And since not enough people like them enough to make their own team out of them it's better to just not even waste your time putting them in.

But who knows, they're going to have a single player campaign (I think? I could be wrong) so maybe we'll see something (hopefully not).

Sir Lucius said:
(btw, exosquad kicks ass and actually made them cool)

OMG finally someone who Remembers that show!! fuck man that show rocked, i absolutely loved it. got bout 4 of the toys lyeing round somewhere, but could never find any vhs or download eps from it, or even picks to prove i was not insane to my friends :(

the cruel irony of the situation is that sierra made the derms seem like a huge part of tribes 2 in the storyline, while all they were in-game was a seperate model and voicepack :/

way to be original, go for the "human creates monsters for slaves, monsters try to annihilate human race" storyline we have seen so many times

Sir Lucius said:
They don't make sense.

If you're going to have the story element of them be a neosapien race (btw, exosquad kicks ass and actually made them cool) that rebels and wipes out mankind with their mighty force, then they shouldn't be playing on the same team as those humans. And since not enough people like them enough to make their own team out of them it's better to just not even waste your time putting them in.

But who knows, they're going to have a single player campaign (I think? I could be wrong) so maybe we'll see something (hopefully not).

Who plays tribes for the storyline?

Leave out the Derms? But they're so cute and cuddly!

Seriously, though, I'm in the 'do it right or don't do it all' camp. Derm vs human matches would just rock... though it would make the jammer pack a little less effective at sowing confusion amongst the enemy.

"BioDerm? Is that some kind of new hand-lotion?"

Back