1.2 PTS Patch Notes by Data - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Star Wars: The Old Republic
Reload this Page 1.2 PTS Patch Notes
Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1 - 03-19-2012, 20:10
STAR WARS: The Old Republic - PTS Game Update 1.2 Patch Notes

I'm not even going to try to format that. It's like 30 pages long.

"Game is dying" LOL. See you in April.

Last edited by Data; 03-19-2012 at 20:13..
Sponsored Links
hh_cloud
VeteranXX
Old
2 - 03-19-2012, 22:51
Amongst the large number of fixes, should've beens (from release) and additions, content is king when keeping people.

1 Operation
Only thing that would keep me playing for a few weeks, though no nightmare mode.

1 Flashpoint
Done in a day and never to be seen again

1 Warzone
Good enough, but they removed all rewards from Ilum;
New Dailies, so I can pretend I have something to do everyday for all those credits I don't need to spend.

Also, for existing players and those who filled up every character slot and level a fair bit, the legacy system isn't really going to be worth it that much.

Depending when it's out I might give it a go but my server is dead, there were actually NO guilds recruiting in game or on the forums since the only nightmare raiding guilds quit and mine was one of them. HM guilds was down to 1 who only needed one person.

So it's very likely I'd resub, do the flashpoint and pvp until I might happen to find a guild then curse at myself for wasting the money.

edit: I just checked, one guild on republic on niman recruiting since I left

Last edited by hh_cloud; 03-19-2012 at 22:59..
Ickz
VeteranXX
Old
3 - 03-20-2012, 01:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data View Post
"Game is dying" LOL. See you in April.
Right...

Rosencrantz
VeteranX
Old
4 - 03-20-2012, 02:36
Probably a bit optimistic there. A lot of sages/sorcs and commandos/mercs are rage quitting on this patch. They buffed or left alone the top 4 pvp classes and nerfed the bottom 3.

Personally I can't wait to see this patch in action. The massive flood of tears once people see the marauder rage bombs in action will be hilarious.

Excel
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
5 - 03-20-2012, 11:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by hh_cloud View Post
niman
Well, there's your problem.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
6 - 03-20-2012, 16:07
Sorcs whining that they cant heal with an infinite mana pool make me laugh

Rosencrantz
VeteranX
Old
7 - 03-20-2012, 20:08
That's the change you choose to single out? It really only affects PvE, since force is rarely an issue in WFs/world PvP anyway and making all healers heal about as good as an Operative in PvE only hurts the raiding guilds.

The change that cripples sorcs in PvP is taking away the ability to reduce the good heal to 1.4-1.5 secs. Now all they have is innervate which channels for for 800-900 ticks normally and crits for 1.5-1.6k, the **** HoT which ticks for 300 and is only ever used for the force bending buff and the even ****tier "fast" heal which no one ever used for anything but interrupt baiting, which does 1.1k-1.5k normally and crits for 2.2k-2.5k.

They basically took away the only heal worth casting under pressure from a class has no defensive cooldowns and wear cloth. Sorcs are already my favorite class to pick on when I play a conceal Op, it's just gonna get even easier after this when they won't be able to get a single heal off that heals for more than I hit back per GCD.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 03-20-2012, 20:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosencrantz View Post
That's the change you choose to single out? It really only affects PvE, since force is rarely an issue in WFs/world PvP anyway and making all healers heal about as good as an Operative in PvE only hurts the raiding guilds.

The change that cripples sorcs in PvP is taking away the ability to reduce the good heal to 1.4-1.5 secs. Now all they have is innervate which channels for for 800-900 ticks normally and crits for 1.5-1.6k, the **** HoT which ticks for 300 and is only ever used for the force bending buff and the even ****tier "fast" heal which no one ever used for anything but interrupt baiting, which does 1.1k-1.5k normally and crits for 2.2k-2.5k.

They basically took away the only heal worth casting under pressure from a class has no defensive cooldowns and wear cloth. Sorcs are already my favorite class to pick on when I play a conceal Op, it's just gonna get even easier after this when they won't be able to get a single heal off that heals for more than I hit back per GCD.
holy ****?! you mean sorcs now heal as ****ty as mercs and ops?

well i never!!!

Rosencrantz
VeteranX
Old
9 - 03-20-2012, 22:19
Ops heals are definitely a joke, but why are you lumping mercs with them? Mercs heals right now are definitely not ****ty in PvP once they get to Battlemaster/Rakata gear. The good ones takes quite a bit more effort to kill than Sorcs healers. Although after the 1.2, Merc heals might be worse than Ops. They also got an unwarranted nerf.

Not sure why you're celebrating the sorc nerfing this much though? Don't you also play an Op? After this the only remaining spec worth a damn for them in PvP will be deep madness, which means more and harder hitting dots that Ops can't cleanse.

Meanwhile, Marauders, Powertechs and Assassins continue to wreck the **** out of everyone at rank 60+. With BW nerfing Ops dps again and buffing Marauders, I'll definitely be switching to Marauder from Operative for ranked pvp.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
10 - 03-20-2012, 23:08
they either brought ops up or brought sorcs and merc down... i think we can all see what they chose...

i have a 50 sorc and a 50 op... the difference between the classes is borderline comical esp with regards to healing.

im just enjoying the mmo nerd crazy crying... it doesnt make a difference to me, my account expires in a week or so.

but anyone dumb enough to think that the healing classes didnt need realignment... well i'd jerk off using their tears for lubricant.

d0ur
VeteranX
Old
11 - 03-21-2012, 08:20
the changes to healing are needed b/c you can't have these dps classes have such an advantage over dps classes with no healing. if i'm a gunslinger vs a merc and i get him down to 30% and he gets me down to 50% he just pops his 20% dmg reduction, spams a few heals and he's right back at 75% while i have nothing but a pot with no ability to get OOC. So i can flash him and he can trinket it and or i can use an interrupt that doesn't seem to lock him out very well.

Sorcs might need help with defensive abilities vs melee after this but any way you look at it the healing dps classes need a healing nerf. You can't say we want all dps classes to be close on dmg but then give 3 of them healing and not the rest.

d0ur
VeteranX
Old
12 - 04-01-2012, 08:55
so is it going to be worth crafting once 1.2 is out? Right now i'm just slicing, treasure hunting because its still good $$ but if armstech ever got interesting i'd do that as a 3rd and maybe drop treasure hunting.

Gouge
VeteranXX
Old
13 - 04-09-2012, 17:16
Patch comes out next Tuesday according to people who went to PAX East and talked to the Dev team but so far no official word from Bioware.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
14 - 04-10-2012, 11:42
they banned my guild name

so long annie's boobs

Excel
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
15 - 04-11-2012, 13:42
greatest guild name ever.

Gouge
VeteranXX
Old
16 - 04-11-2012, 16:02
1.2 gets implemented tonight.

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
17 - 04-11-2012, 16:07
Says who?

Well ****, nevermind. It's right on their web site.

Excel
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
18 - 04-11-2012, 18:20
Gentlemen. Hit the lights; its boner time.

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
19 - 04-11-2012, 19:52
SHA-WING!

CjBurden
VeteranXX
Old
20 - 04-12-2012, 01:34
see you in the morning dudes

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Star Wars: The Old Republic
Reload this Page 1.2 PTS Patch Notes

Social Website Bullshit